'Panic in the streets of Springfield' - upcoming Simpsons Episode (scheduled for April 18, 2021)

Well, this could be...interesting, scheduled to air in exactly a month's time.

Lisa becomes obsessed with this kind of famous, alternative Morrissey-type rockstar from the 1980s. It will be a musical episode.

Apparently the 'aging' main character is played by Benedict Cumberbatch.

Additional information posted by MrShoes:

The writer for the episode's music is none other than Flight of the Concords himself, Bret McKenzie, aka Rhymenoceros.

A quick search found some additional info from The Laughing Place article here:

Another upcoming episode guest stars Benedict Cumberbatch playing a parody of The Smiths’ lead vocalist Morrissey. Bret McKenzie (of Flight of the Conchords and The Muppets fame) wrote the music for this episode. [Yeardley] Smith says the songs are incredible and Lisa has a couple of great lyrics.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, this could be...interesting, scheduled to air in exactly a month's time.

Lisa becomes obsessed with this kind of famous, alternative Morrissey-type rockstar from the 1980s. It will be a musical episode.

Apparently the 'aging' main character is played by Benedict Cumberbatch.

Ahem, excuse me. It is spelled: Benedryl Cabbagepatch

The writer for the episode's music is none other than Flight of the Concords himself, Bret McKenzie, aka Rhymenoceros.

1616089008796.png

Another upcoming episode guest stars Benedict Cumberbatch playing a parody of The Smiths’ lead vocalist Morrissey. Bret McKenzie (of Flight of the Conchords and The Muppets fame) wrote the music for this episode. [Yeardley] Smith says the songs are incredible and Lisa has a couple of great lyrics.​

Can anyone else picture Dr. Strange singing in the tune of Morrissey?

the benedict cumberbatch backlash has begun=mindhorn,so funny.

From October 2020 (source for other articles):

Hope they portray the Moz character truthfully, with his fascism on full display. Hoping there’s a concert scene mocking the delusional extremists at the rail up front.

I wonder if they asked Mozzer himself to voice this character. Probably not. Anyhow, I’m really looking forward to seeing this.

I wonder if they asked Mozzer himself to voice this character. Probably not. Anyhow, I’m really looking forward to seeing this.
Cumberbatch is not only a bigger star in the general public's eyes but also a professional actor, so he's in many ways a much better choice than the man himself -- even if one doesn't take into account Morrissey's reputation for being erratic.

Cumberbatch is not only a bigger star in the general public's eyes but also a professional actor, so he's in many ways a much better choice than the man himself -- even if one doesn't take into account Morrissey's reputation for being erratic.
🤨

hes totally unknown FFS :mad:

View attachment 69796

Another upcoming episode guest stars Benedict Cumberbatch playing a parody of The Smiths’ lead vocalist Morrissey. Bret McKenzie (of Flight of the Conchords and The Muppets fame) wrote the music for this episode. [Yeardley] Smith says the songs are incredible and Lisa has a couple of great lyrics.​

Can anyone else picture Dr. Strange singing in the tune of Morrissey?
I don't like "The Simpsons" cartoon no more not after they cancelled the Michael Jackson episode. The Simpsons is part of modern "cancel culture" it's frightening. It has something called "predictive programming" in the cartoon but people say this is just a conspiracy theory.

Sure, but The Simpsons has had famous non-actors do guest spots for 30 years.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom