Passions Just Like Mine RIP

Re: Passions Just Like Mine - GONE

And even if it was, how many people REALLY need to know 90% of that information anyway?

The more obscure the information, the more valuable it becomes to the people who really need it. There might only be one visitor in the world who cares about a mis-pressed Greek twelve-inch single-- but put yourself in the shoes of that one visitor looking for such an obscure, hard-to-find piece of information and imagine how awesome it would be to discover it. Stephane's site provided that kind of joy for many people, seeking many different kinds of information, every single day.

Why don't you just disappear and leave the rest of it for us who want it? Why do you come here?

P.

I'd venture a guess that the point she was making was not that the information or the site was superfluous, but that the great bulk of it was specific to the anal collector types who need all the 25 different shades of sepia tone on the different issues of the Piccadilly Palare single. People who are as much, or more, concerned with saying "LOOK WHAT I GOT LOOK WHAT I GOT" rather than an actual intrinsic love of the art and the message. Those who herald form over content.

I doubt anyone would balk at the overall significance of the site, but let's be honest, the Goldmine crowd is a bit wanktastic.

I'd venture a guess that the point she was making was not that the information or the site was superfluous, but that the great bulk of it was specific to the anal collector types who need all the 25 different shades of sepia tone on the different issues of the Piccadilly Palare single. People who are as much, or more, concerned with saying "LOOK WHAT I GOT LOOK WHAT I GOT" rather than an actual intrinsic love of the art and the message. Those who herald form over content.

I doubt anyone would balk at the overall significance of the site, but let's be honest, the Goldmine crowd is a bit wanktastic.

Totally untrue.... The different editions are interesting for collectors no doubt, but the goldmine aspect of the site was everything else - one place to find not only published but unpublished lyrics and lyric changes, consise, troll-free gig reports the likes of which cannot be found anywhere else, and listings of promo interviews which were hugely helpful if you're trying to track down all the interviews from a certain period, for example. It was (and will be in the future hopefully) a GOLDMINE for anyone with something Smiths or Morrissey related that they are trying to research.

Exactly. Like the type of assholes who would flaunt that they had the Hollywood Bowl DVD on the forum before my fiance leaked it to everyone. People who care more about the exclusivity of what they own rather than giving back to the community that has given them so much over the years. And don't even get me started on those with Wolverhampton.

But you do understand the concept of encyclopedias right? They're filled with information you will never use, but they are useful to people now and then. PJLM is an information archive. A virtual encyclopedia on Morrissey.

Why the hate? I don't care about the 'frink' threads on this site but you won't see me hanging around those threads telling people they're wasting their time.

Really, nothappynotsad, why the hate?

Stephane

Because she's poor and stupid and wants to steal everything, including music. And frankly, she's not that well spoken. !Viva Hate! is typing a lot of these messages. Tseng duped AGAIN.

Exactly. Like the type of assholes who would flaunt that they had the Hollywood Bowl DVD on the forum before my fiance leaked it to everyone. People who care more about the exclusivity of what they own rather than giving back to the community that has given them so much over the years. And don't even get me started on those with Wolverhampton.

Honey, is that you in the photo? Your fiance "leaked" the hollywood bowl dvd? Such bravado from a man to share something that was already available on the internet :)
Why such the hate on PJLM? What have you or your dorky fiance at all contributed?
Is that you in your photo, dear? A large fan of butter are we?

Also: the green background on PJLM is much better than your shitty paintings, love. :)
-Ms. V.G.

Honey, is that you in the photo? Your fiance "leaked" the hollywood bowl dvd? Such bravado from a man to share something that was already available on the internet :)

Well, you didn't bloody share it...you cheeky bitch!

Honey, is that you in the photo?

Oh, you're still pretending to be a female living in California? Grow a pair and show your mug instead of hiding behind your security blanket of anonymity.

Your fiance "leaked" the hollywood bowl dvd? Such bravado from a man to share something that was already available on the internet :)

It wasn't already on the internet until he put it there. Do some research, idiot.

Is that you in your photo, dear? A large fan of butter are we?

About as big a fan as you are of sanity.

Also: the green background on PJLM is much better than your shitty paintings, love. :)
-Ms. V.G.

What paintings would those be? Seems like you are aware of things that were never posted on solo.

I think nothappynotsad was meerly pointing out the obscurity of the details, not saying that they shouldn't be catalogued. I see no "hate" in the conclusion she drew.

And you can poke fun of her looks and how dumb you think she is all you want, but I'm pretty darn sure that if any of you moaners with your anonymous-fueled bravado met her in person, you'd shake in your boots a little bit. Be nice.

Go hide behind your annoymous name, where you belong! Or even better, do us all a favour and leave this site. Ms Val whoever you are.

Last edited by a moderator:

You're The One For Me Fatty!

I think nothappynotsad was meerly pointing out the obscurity of the details, not saying that they shouldn't be catalogued. I see no "hate" in the conclusion she drew.

Wrong.
She was making uninformed offensive assumptions and accusing people of plotting for financial support.

ah it's only a website....calm the feck down, everyone! There's no need to start any further arguments about a fansite.
If PJLM is coming back, then well done. End of.

Wrong.
She was making uninformed offensive assumptions and accusing people of plotting for financial support.

Plotting for financial support? I didn't read that. Where?

I AM my own person and I'll do on my own. Now PLEASE end off.

In the collectors corner. I think nothappynotsad was a bit harsh, but there wasn't need for the pointless outrage.

Oh. I'm just commenting on what was said on this thread, I didn't know this conversation was overflow from something else.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom