Paul Heaton slags off Morrissey and praises Marr in new song

I've not heard the song but the lyrics are highlighted in the Mojo review of Heaton's new album, 'Manchester Calling'.
Marr is praised for being 'cool'. Profound stuff!
John M

Update:
The review being cited via FWD.
53068_20200218_143612.jpg

However actual Beautiful South album sales:

Blue is the colour 5 x Platinum
Quench 3 x Platinum
Carry on uo the charts 6 x Platinum
Solid Bronze 2 x Platinum

Plus 3 other Platinum selling albums
>Bringing up Paul's former band when we're discussing his and Morrissey's popularity as solo acts
Moving goalposts is a yikes from me, and you'll never be able to convince me that this band that I've never heard of before yesterday is more popular than The Smiths

>Bringing up Paul's former band when we're discussing his and Morrissey's popularity as solo acts
Moving goalposts is a yikes from me, and you'll never be able to convince me that this band that I've never heard of before yesterday is more popular than The Smiths

The Smiths had one Platinum selling album compared to what you see above for the Beautiful South, which in most peoples brain tells them that they were more popular. Were they better musically than The Smiths, in my opinion, no they were not.

The Beautiful South were enormous, at least here in the UK. One of the biggest bands of the 90s. They absolutely dwarfed Morrissey's success. Paul Heaton wrote many of their songs, and sung on most of them but their biggest and best know songs always had other singers, too (or just the female singers).
Paul Heaton is a genuine solo act was a commercial disaster. His album sales were pitiful (some not even making the top 40) and his live following was tiny. So few people were interested, he was effectively forced into reforming the Beautiful South (in all but name).

The Beautiful South were enormous, at least here in the UK. One of the biggest bands of the 90s. They absolutely dwarfed Morrissey's success. Paul Heaton wrote many of their songs, and sung on most of them but their biggest and best know songs always had other singers, too (or just the female singers).
Paul Heaton is a genuine solo act was a commercial disaster. His album sales were pitiful (some not even making the top 40) and his live following was tiny. So few people were interested, he was effectively forced into reforming the Beautiful South (in all but name).

the Beautiful South suck. they sucked then and today. nobody even has heard of them. A gold record in the UK is selling about 100 copies FFS:clap: who in F is Beautiful South?:censored:
Moz sales are universal he sells many thousands of copies in EACH country.:tiphat:

Heaton looks like that c*** elvis costello but with a flatop like FT Mike. A total cuck:censored:

The Smiths had one Platinum selling album compared to what you see above for the Beautiful South, which in most peoples brain tells them that they were more popular. Were they better musically than The Smiths, in my opinion, no they were not.
Mind telling me the last time that Smiths number was updated? but anyway, record sales haven't been relevant in the past 10-15 years, spotify/youtube is a far more useful and relevant tool in terms of measuring an artists relevance and success in this day and age, and to add to the spotify numbers, Morrissey has more monthly listeners than both The Beautiful South and Paul Heaton combined, hell they don't even reach 1 million if you combine them.

Mind telling me the last time that Smiths number was updated? but anyway, record sales haven't been relevant in the past 10-15 years, spotify/youtube is a far more useful and relevant tool in terms of measuring an artists relevance and success in this day and age, and to add to the spotify numbers, Morrissey has more monthly listeners than both The Beautiful South and Paul Heaton combined, hell they don't even reach 1 million if you combine them.

No, go and look yourself, it's not difficult. Bet you something though, the new Paul Heaton/Jaqui Abbott album will chart higher than Morrissey's.

PH_A_2020_soldouts.jpg

No, go and look yourself, it's not difficult. Bet you something though, the new Paul Heaton/Jaqui Abbott album will chart higher than Morrissey's.

View attachment 54542

If you mean sell more, you're probably right, especially if radio continues not to play the new Morrissey songs. The Heaton/Abbott album will probably sell 10-15,000 in week 1. Dog on a String will struggle to sell 10,000. Doesn't mean it won't chart higher though. Some weeks 15,000 will get you a number 1, other weeks you'll need to shift 80,000.

Of course Moz has many times the listeners and sales as these twats are not really known by anyone:lbf:
Ignore Skinny aka Surface. the next heaton/jaki shaw album will sell like flies in a coronavirus circus FFS no copies whatsoever.:lbf:

Read my post again, I said Paul Heaton/Jaqui Abbotts album. By the way, which arenas has Morrissey sold out for next months tour?
Alright, I'm peacing out from this thread since we're basically back to where this thread started and I don't feel like endlessly talking about tour and spotify numbers

Read my post again, I said Paul Heaton/Jaqui Abbotts album. By the way, which arenas has Morrissey sold out for next months tour?
Paris, right?

Er, that's a 2500 capacity Theatre, not an arena, trust silly Thewlis to like your post, the know nothing clown of solo.
It is true, it’s not an arena. But still an admirable feat, don’t you think?

So, day 2 or 3 of persistent silly, juvenile, clownery discussing fanbases, chart positions, sales figures, & now 'capacity'.

Good grief. Laughable trolling.

The devil will find work for idle hands to do, indeed.

I'll tell ya straight away as simple as it gets.
The Beautiful South ain't makin' any rotations in The Wild Turkey Community.
Ya don't even have to worry about turnin' it off cause it won't never even be on to begin with.
At the same time Moz stays in rotation.
That's the stone cold groovy truth dude.

Er, that's a 2500 capacity Theatre, not an arena, trust silly Thewlis to like your post, the know nothing clown of solo.
At least not liking any posts about Morrissey dying like Skinny’s baby brother Surface, whose insular little Englander views make him think England is the world and therefore Paul f***ing Heaton is a bigger star than Moz :crazy:

Heaton has zero star quality - and would be the first to admit so himself.

This is why he would be recognised nowhere - including Hull. Despite record sales.

:rolleyes:
Hugh, your type of riff raff is not allowed to immigrate to Poland. Dont get the notion in your huge empty head to think you may want to remotely think that you want to loiter at a Moz show parking lot, moping for sympathy. Security will tie you hose you down and toss you into the dumpster. :lock:

dont think skinny is coming to your aid. he has no money for transportation.:skis:

Not much good in those church-funded remedial English courses is there, kiddo?

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom