Paul Heaton slags off Morrissey and praises Marr in new song

I've not heard the song but the lyrics are highlighted in the Mojo review of Heaton's new album, 'Manchester Calling'.
Marr is praised for being 'cool'. Profound stuff!
John M

Update:
The review being cited via FWD.
53068_20200218_143612.jpg

I hope more artists speak out against Morrissey and his views. It seems musicians have been way too quiet and should, if they have them, stand by their convictions against racism.

From what I've read most musicians that have spoken up have been too forgiving, too polite.

It actually sickens me that people I once admired choose to share a stage with him
at the Cruel World event.

STAND UP TO RACISM!!!

Bloody hell.

I still check in on this place, prompted by the tweets, but Jesus...

4 pages of (mostly) pro Moz and anti Heaton vile all based on a lyric not even known.

One thing I don't see said yet is how Heaton has been one of the most brilliantly consistent lyricists of our generation.

He hasn't yet, to my knowledge, sunk to the depths our beloved hero; Moz, has.

I type this as I sit here, earphones in, listening to World Peace... So I am still a fan but to ignore Paul Heston's talents and instead turn this thread into a ticket sales/streaming numbers Top Trump's makes me feel uneasy enough for me to break my moz solo silence of many years.

Btw, footnote, Paul was a massive Moz/Smiths fan so he's as entitled to his opinion as anyone else.

For me, I'll continue to enjoy both equally but, in general, I feel Heaton has stuck to his principals more than M.

If the Heaton lyric directly addresses Morrissey's racial comments then I commend him.

Alright, here's the stats for Morrissey's latest original solo album:
My Love, I’d Do Anything For You - 1,728,473
I Wish You Lonely - 4,278,239
Jacky’s Only Happy When She’s Up On The Stage - 3,335,521
Home Is A Question Mark - 1,543,348
Spent The Day In Bed - 12,504,499
I Bury The Living - 1,141,100
In Your Lap - 608,142
The Girl From Tel-Aviv Who Wouldn’t Kneel - 696,725
All The Young People Must Fall In Love - 716,097
When You Open Your Legs - 789,571
Who Will Protect Us From The Police -691,178
Israel - 531,302
What stats are those? Spotify listens? What about utube, cds, vinyl. People playing Moz records or ripping the songs and listening to them for years?

Not sure why this has devolved into a popularity contest but I’m not surprised since this site is all about stroking M’s massive ego.

Well when Morrissey continually trumpets minor triumphs, and doesn't sell out his Leeds Arena date, I'd say Paul Heaton has the upper hand here. He sells more songs than Morrissey, and he sells more tickets than Morrissey. By any measure you like, he's more popular. So I'd say he has every right to slag off an act he sees as failing and bigoted. Because he's right.

Skinny dont be stupid. Heaton has a show in Leeds in April and about 2oo tickets have been sold. The last gig he did was FAR FROM seld out, with black curtains covering up a half empty arena. Capice?? get it thru your head that this Heaton is unknown FFS:straightface:

Please dont reply with a 'surface' post :censored:

What the fuxk are you on about you lab rat?
I Still like the bit where High put you in your place.

Hugh, is that you?:rage:
dont let yourself be seen loitering in any of the upcoming tours parking lots. you are :banned:
for life, go smoke the Muslim peace pipe with your new idol Skinny. :censored:

the Heaton show in April at the Leeds Arena is likely to be cancelled outright or
moved to a LePew sized mini venue due super slow ticket sales.:tiphat:

Morrissey and The Smiths win Top Trumps by a f***ing landslide!

53028_imgonline-com-ua-twotoone-YUK9vQdLZuks2xyQ.png

53027_bleh.png

Morrissey wins again!

Paul Heaton net worth: Paul Heaton is an English singer, songwriter, and musician who has a net worth of $4 million. Paul Heaton was born in Bromborough, Cheshire, England in May 1962. He was a member of the bands The Housemartins and then The Beautiful South.

Morrissey Net Worth: Morrissey is an English musician who has a net worth of $50 million. Morrissey first became famous by being the lead vocal singer to the rock band called The Smiths during the 1980s. He then had a very successful solo career. Born Steven Patrick Morrissey in 1959 in Lancashire.

Top ten favourite solo Paul Heaton songs anyone? Anyone?

He’s absolutely entitled to his opinion - and I love songs like Build and Five Get Over Excited - but there’s no comparison between their solo careers. He runs a decent pub though.

I hope more artists speak out against Morrissey and his views. It seems musicians have been way too quiet and should, if they have them, stand by their convictions against racism.

From what I've read most musicians that have spoken up have been too forgiving, too polite.

It actually sickens me that people I once admired choose to share a stage with him

STAND UP TO RACISM!!!

Did you win an Academy Award?

Morrissey wins again!

Paul Heaton net worth: Paul Heaton is an English singer, songwriter, and musician who has a net worth of $4 million. Paul Heaton was born in Bromborough, Cheshire, England in May 1962. He was a member of the bands The Housemartins and then The Beautiful South.

Morrissey Net Worth: Morrissey is an English musician who has a net worth of $50 million. Morrissey first became famous by being the lead vocal singer to the rock band called The Smiths during the 1980s. He then had a very successful solo career. Born Steven Patrick Morrissey in 1959 in Lancashire.

These are just random figures based on nothing, though. Rightly or wrongly, there's no doubt he's sold a lot more records than Moz.

At this particular time, in the U.K., the Heaton tour could very well be more popular among certain people than Moz’. Sure. But in no way is Heaton a bigger or more popular artist in general than Moz. Like I said, hate Moz all you like, but don’t be f***ing delusional.
The only delusion in play here is dribbling from your over-worked, felcher gob. You and the rest of your ilk are like little punk-bitches in the playground, screaming “My daddy is bigger than your daddy” - without realizing that NOBODY on the planet gives a rats ass.

Melvis is a huge twat, followed closely by the wee twats that slurp the jizz he offers them.

Enjoy Vegas. Every last one of you drama queens belong there. ...and Vegas is a city of odds. Anyone taking any on this? I just checked with my bookie and she said 2:1 for Melvis cancelling before the second show, due to death on the shitter.

Now we just need to sort the sub-wagers. Will it be malnourishment, overindulgence in vodka? Kerrygold? Falling and hitting his head after the shit-kicking he so richly deserves?

Place your bets. Somebody’s gonna win.

...and it’s about time the c*** started giving back. ;)

Morrissey wins again!

Spot on! ...as soon as income and money in the bank become a way to judge the quality and humanity of an artist’s work.

The willful blindness and endless fawning around here are astounding.

Hugh, is that you?:rage:
dont let yourself be seen loitering in any of the upcoming tours parking lots. you are :banned:
for life, go smoke the Muslim peace pipe with your new idol Skinny. :censored:

the Heaton show in April at the Leeds Arena is likely to be cancelled outright or
moved to a LePew sized mini venue due super slow ticket sales.:tiphat:
^This bitch here doesn’t own a Morrissey record - or any other record, for that matter. He’s never been to a live show. He doesn’t even own a device, except an AM radio with a broken dial. He was raised by his single mom - who did her best. ...but dad had a terrible meth problem and ended up in the canal, leaving mama no choice but to whore for food and lodgings. She encouraged him to stay in school but his cognitive difficulties and inability to grasp the basics of the English language have made life a living hell. A steady diet of pizza pops and cheese in a can haven’t helped. ...not have the stank, musty air and rat-shit he dwells in.

Fak Arf goof. You’ve got nothing to say and you say it much too loud. Why not pop outside your mom’s basement, into the round and play a nice game of hide-and-go-f***-yourself?

STAND UP TO RACISM!!!

Under-rated post.

*applaud*

None of this means anything. In the words of Krusty - "What good is respect without the moolah to back it up?"

All that matters for Morrissey is money in the bank. Always has been, still is. He will be mortified that the stripped-back Leeds Arena event hasn't sold out. You can have as many streams as you like, it won't help you sell large venues in the country where one's bigotry has been most widely reported.

Still, there's always territories where people are less aware and there's other people on the bill.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom