Official Facebook Peter Katsis: Simpsons Responses (April 19, 2021)

"Surprising what a “turn for the worst" the writing for The Simpson’s tv show has taken in recent years.

Sadly, The Simpson’s show started out creating great insight into the modern cultural experience, but has since degenerated to trying to capitalize on cheap controversy and expounding on vicious rumors.

Poking fun at subjects is one thing. Other shows like SNL still do a great job at finding ways to inspire great satire.

But when a show stoops so low to use harshly hateful tactics like showing the Morrissey character with his belly hanging out of his shirt (when he has never looked like that at any point in his career) makes you wonder who the real hurtful, racist group is here.

Even worse - calling the Morrissey character out for being a racist, without pointing out any specific instances, offers nothing. It only serves to insult the artist.

They should take that mirror and hold it up to themselves.

Simpson’s actor Hank Azaria's recent apology to the whole country of India for his role in upholding "structural racism” says it all.

Unlike the character in the Simpson’s “Panic” episode…….

Morrissey has never made a “cash grab”, hasn’t sued any people for their attacks, has never stopped performing great shows, and is still a serious vegan and strong supporter for animal rights.

By suggesting all of the above in this episode…the Simpson’s hypocritical approach to their storyline says it all.

Truly they are the only ones who have stopped creating, and have instead turned unapologetically hurtful and racist.

Not surprising…... that The Simpsons viewership ratings have gone down so badly over recent years."

As guessed - author is Peter Katsis.
Regards,
FWD.

Update - a second post from Peter Katsis:

More shoddy journalism by COS and Pitchfork today.

They attributed my quote (on The Simpson’s poor writing) to Morrissey, while using false facts to try and support more meaningless stories

More former journalistic press outlets now turning to the same tactics The Simpson’s used to gain attention.

Other real papers, like Rolling Stone, called to ask who wrote the comment.

Someone should tell COS and Pitchfork that is what is called “journalism".

In the meantime nobody has even mentioned the horrible false portrayal of Morrissey used by The Simpsons team. - Peter Katsis

Update - third post. Link posted by Uncleskinny:

Thinking more today on this Simpson’s bullshit…..

Why did Cumberbatch even agree to take this voice-over gig playing the Morrissey character?

Could he be that hard up for cash that he would agree to bad rap another artist that harshly?

Clearly he would have read the outline or script before he took the gig.

Could he actually be as big an asshole as the people on The Simpson’s writing team? and the FOX team?

Apparently so. Maybe he should speak up and tell his side of this.

Does he even have enough balls to do that? - PK

Related items:
Media items:

Last edited by a moderator:
jesus, he is still peddling this victim nonsense?

who knew that all these years he has been a yogi? his head is so firmly planted up his own arse now he'll soon create his very own black hole. insufferable, ungrateful, deluded snowflake.
I love Morrissey so much. Some see him as a Father figure. Why don't you love Morrissey anymore?

"The Word" the TV show? What about the NME case?

I don't know all of Morrissey's court cases. I don't like what Mike Joyce did. 😢 I wonder if Mike Joyce regrets it now. Morrissey should have won against Joyce and Rourke.
You're only saying this because Andy wasn't into you... errr... Andy.

"The Word" the TV show? What about the NME case?

I don't know all of Morrissey's court cases. I don't like what Mike Joyce did. 😢
David Quantick the magazine apologising to Morrissey was the "Word" magazine.

This simpsons thing has really stirred things up on here for the last week hasn’t it ... Moz fan fighting Moz fan ...
With all the haters having incredible fun....
This hurts me , as I only joined solo to attack the haters....
So for the sake of unity and togetherness ....
This is for all us fans....
A2044C75-CBD9-45A3-8E74-BAA65023D348.jpeg

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom