Phoenix, AZ - Marquee (Nov. 16, 2017) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

You'll Be Gone / Alma Matters / When Last I Spoke To Carol / I Wish You Lonely / Ganglord / The Bullfighter Dies / I Started Something I Couldn't Finish / Kiss Me A Lot / When You Open Your Legs / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / How Soon Is Now? / Back On The Chain Gang / Jacky's Only Happy When She's Up On The Stage / Jack The Ripper / Home Is A Question Mark / Spent The Day In Bed / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Speedway / Everyday Is Like Sunday / (I Never Promised You A) Rose Garden // Suedehead / Shoplifters Of The World Unite

Setlist provided by setlist.fm (order not 100%), link posted by an anonymous person

• Morrissey Started Something He Could Finish in Tempe by Ashley Naftule (26 photos by Jim Louvau) - New Phoenix Times. Link posted by an anonymous person.

41410_phx-mus-2017116-morrissey-jimlouvau-18.jpg

• Photo: Zach & Rene posted by Famous when dead

41402_phoenix.jpg

Last edited:
He looked really sexy and was very happy. Everything is going so well for him, it's so exciting. Safe travels Morrissey,the drive to SLC is gorgeous. I am turning to you to save me..

Man .. Gustavo sang again speedway? :sick: thats a terrible mistake Morrissey .
I´m so glad I got to hear the REAL version at the Hollywood Bowl :cool:

Where’d he disappear to after “Alma Matters?” Did he try to take a leak and not make it back in time for the next song? I bet people thought it was all over.
I saw him in Italy a few years back - Moz left the stage, and the band obviously thought he'd just gone for a quick leak, as they started playing the next track after about a minute's wait. He must have needed a mammoth dump though, as he was gone so long that by the time he came back, they were halfway through the song, and they ended up doing an entire track instrumentally. Ah, the ghe glamour of showbiz.

So, no MiM again? Maybe he's tired of seeing half the audience walking out during that song? Now if he would consistently go back to signing all of "Speedway" and drop KMAL, we're starting to get somewhere. I still think there should be more older solo songs like "We'll Let You Know," "Seasick, Yet Still Docked," "Break up the Family," and of course there are a ton more options. I know he's basically disavowed Kill Uncle, but imagine closing the show with just the piano and he sings, "There's a Place in Hell..." - would be stunning.

Last edited:
Isn't You'll Be Gone the bside to Jacky
Just wishful thinking.
My brain had You'll attached to Lonely, but then as the wine wore off - realised it was Jacky's.
You're quite right.
Regards,
FWD.

Last edited:
I saw him in Italy a few years back - Moz left the stage, and the band obviously thought he'd just gone for a quick leak, as they started playing the next track after about a minute's wait. He must have needed a mammoth dump though, as he was gone so long that by the time he came back, they were halfway through the song, and they ended up doing an entire track instrumentally. Ah, the ghe glamour of showbiz.
That must of been a mondo duke. Lol

Three covers is highly unusual, even though I quite like "Back on the Chain Gang" and "I Never Promised You a Rose Garden."

Hoping he hasn't dropped "Glamorous Glue" entirely and it pops back up by the time he hits the East Coast!

Rose Garden:

Kiss Me:

Regards,
FWD.

I feel so sorry for those poor Yobs that have to wear whatever dumb arse outfit the boss tells them to. Crikey. Its as bad as Kevin Spacey demanding to slip it in.

Oh my, that Rose Garden cover is beautiful. A 7 inch of Home with Rose Garden as a b side would be an immediate purchase from me.

Amazing concert. Moz was magnificent-full of light and energy. Truly looked happy to be there. Fell in love again that night. Still sexy. Still entertaining. Still relevant. Audience loved Gustavo's Spanish Speedway. Mixed-age crowd. Lot's of singing and dancing. Folks loved the covers, as did I.

Thanks for all the videos and pics posted here. I was too focused on the experience to capture anything myself. But so appreciative of everyone sharing the love.

Hello!

He left right after this song to go back stage, i held my breath until he came back..

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom