"Please, Please, Please..." used in Telus commercial (Canada, Dream Academy version)

GK writes:

The Dream Academy's instrumental of Please, Please, Let Me Get What I Want is being used in Telus commercial in Canada

Please, please, please, let me get what I don't need.
Nail, head... hilarious...🤣
I’m not sure what is trying to be sold here, must be a potable telephone device, that takes pictures... just like we all have now....
And god only knows the price ... not far off a grand I can only presume..

Nail, head... hilarious...🤣
I’m not sure what is trying to be sold here, must be a potable telephone device, that takes pictures... just like we all have now....
And god only knows the price ... not far off a grand I can only presume..
£999 for the 128GB model, more for the ones with more storage.

Wonder if Dream Academy get any money for this or it just goes to Moz & Marr?

:unsure:

btw

what a awful commercial, who was the ‘genius’ behind that.
It depends. When it comes to using a song in a commercial, it affects two things: songwriters and the owners of the actual recording. So unless they sold the rights to a publisher (happens more often than not), they do receive money.
Usually record contracts contain that given artist sells the rights of the recordings to the record company or publisher. That's why they can do several re-issues, compilations, whatnot, as many times they please.

btw

Didn’t moz/ marr sell the rights to this song about 5 years back to John Lewis... the song was a Xmas advert for them , but it wasn’t the smiths singing it was covered by someone else... me thinks

btw

Really hopin' the money goes to the Giz The Liz
and the rest of the Reptilia Familia.
In my humble opinion, they went ahead and made
this commercial a winner.
🙃

It depends. When it comes to using a song in a commercial, it affects two things: songwriters and the owners of the actual recording. So unless they sold the rights to a publisher (happens more often than not), they do receive money.
Usually record contracts contain that given artist sells the rights of the recordings to the record company or publisher. That's why they can do several re-issues, compilations, whatnot, as many times they please.

So Dream Academy won’t see a penny?

So Dream Academy won’t see a penny?

My understanding is that Dream Academy will get money if they performed it and Moz/Marr will get money for writing it. But Mike/Andy will probably not see any money because they neither wrote nor performed this version.

Extras Christmas special was a good plug too

My understanding is that Dream Academy will get money if they performed it and Moz/Marr will get money for writing it. But Mike/Andy will probably not see any money because they neither wrote nor performed this version.

The famous trial.... I always thought that the consequences were that the judge said that the composers of all the songs were Morrissey + Marr + Rourke + Joyce. Am I confused?

Wasn't the trial about such thing?

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom