Poll: I Am Not A Dog On A Chain album cover

Poll: I Am Not A Dog On A Chain album cover - How shit is it?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Poll: I Am Not A Dog On A Chain album cover - How shit is it?

Compared to CS ?

I think it’s better. Though it might not be the real cover. It’s fine though.

I think it's WIP...a tester sample or pilot, whatever, not final.

I think it's WIP...a tester sample or pilot, whatever, not final.

why even embarrass yourself with such a shitty provisional sleeve tho. That just smacks of even more amateur antics and lack of preparation. Doesn’t really matter if it’s the final product or not tbh, just gives the perception that Moz is a joke and no longer a big time artist.

Laughably bad.

Gotta be the final sleeve. Very much doubt they’d put a placeholder out at this point, because it’s forever going to remain on his official channel.

If it helps, It's Over (when given away last Feb) appeared with the California Son artwork attached to the Spotify / MP3 store downloads.
There is a post practically identical to today's track and 'possible album sleeve reveal' and it was the final, official album art.
I personally think the furore over the cover of Low In High School (the HMV 'censorship' stuff) lead to head shots becoming used.
No real issues with clearance for rights or anything too taxing. This cover, however, is very similar to This Is Morrissey and it would have been nice to see something more current. That said, I see discussions elsewhere already blaming SER for someone else's picture from 10+ years ago :)
Regards,
FWD.

If it helps, It's Over (when given away last Feb) appeared with the California Son artwork attached to the Spotify / MP3 store downloads.
There is a post practically identical to today's track and 'possible album sleeve reveal' and it was the final, official album art.
I personally think the furore over the cover of Low In High School (the HMV 'censorship' stuff) lead to head shots becoming used.
No real issues with clearance for rights or anything too taxing. This cover, however, is very similar to This Is Morrissey and it would have been nice to see something more current. That said, I see discussions elsewhere already blaming SER for someone else's picture from 10+ years ago :)
Regards,
FWD.

I guess when you think about it, barring the color tint, this trend isn't terribly dissimilar from the early solo singles. They might have looked a lot worse without the color tint - I'm thinking "Ouija Board," "Picadilly Palare," etc. They were all reasonably close headshots with plain fonts; just arguably more attractive photos/color schemes.

Back
Top Bottom