Poll: I Am Not A Dog On A Chain album cover

Poll: I Am Not A Dog On A Chain album cover - How shit is it?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I’m remembering back when You Have Killed Me debuted back on MySpace - Moz on the train tracks and then the violin album cover revealed. What happened?

Sam came of age and needed work.

What kills me most is that the title is not properly centered. It’s irritating.

I’m just glad there IS an album cover :love: and excited about all this

Me too. I don't find it all that terrible. Anything with a picture of him on it is worth a study. It could have been much worse:

tumblr_lxlk6mRfQW1qj4b9to1_250.gif

Barnaby you are going to 'study' the photo? :leftmagnify::eyes:
are you going to use your 'detective skills 'doh:
to look for cracks in it?:openmouth:

What kills me most is that the title is not properly centered. It’s irritating.

Not to mention the fact that most people will call it I'M NOT... instead of I AM NOT. That shit plays with me OCD.

Luv Bobby and ...

can’t wait for I’m not a dog on a chain
to be released !

;)

It seems that no matter what Morrissey does you all criticize him. What do ya’ll want, anyway? It’s like you sit and wait and pretend like you still have hope for a 80s or 90s Morrissey/Smiths cover and then when he releases the cover art for 2020 there’s a huge sigh of relief that you can actually MOAN about it.

Moan moan moan.
Hi,
I know you don’t know me but I’m not a hater...as my own posts and actions and money I’ve spent on shows and records over the years shows.
However, I don’t think there’s anything wrong with expressing disappointment with a sloppy looking cover and thinking that in 2020, we might get a new(ish) cover photo and not one that is 14 years old. That’s all.

Hi,
I know you don’t know me but I’m not a hater...as my own posts and actions and money I’ve spent on shows and records over the years shows.
However, I don’t think there’s anything wrong with expressing disappointment with a sloppy looking cover and thinking that in 2020, we might get a new(ish) cover photo and not one that is 14 years old. That’s all.

Hello

I don’t think you’re a hater and I am familiar with your posts.

My comment was basically written out of frustration because of all the hate that does get posted here daily. I find it difficult to believe that fans can’t accept that Morrissey has changed over the years. Most people here don’t like the changes but, come on, the comments can be brutal. I don’t have a problem with fans expressing disappointment, but it just seems like no one is ever happy with anything he does anymore. Would I love another Your Arsenal? Hell yes! But that’s not going to happen. I can accept that. He has changed way too much over the years, but I do like his current work and I love the cover for this new album...AND...I would like to say that I don’t have shitty taste! :)

Yeah this cover is no Pink Floyd cover.

Imagine reviewing a resume featuring this album cover, the Kiss Me A Lot video, the cover for This Is Morrissey and the single cover for Back On The Chain Gang.

Isn’t it just referencing album covers of a specific era

No. It is a live pic from ten years ago(?) of Morrissey photoshat onto a brown background overlaid with artists name and track title using a coloured font that helps make the cover even more shit. So, in short, it is shit and a crime against art.

the Windows ‘95 era?

seriously, show me show examples of the covers you think it’s referencing, cos I’ve never seen anything like it.

Same here!

I've had a look on Google and there are no examples of album covers as crap as Morrissey's latest. Not one. There's a list here from June 2019 and every single one of them is better than Morrissey's! :)

53 of the worst album covers of all time

https://www.pocket-lint.com/apps/ne...r-art-of-all-time-you-won-t-believe-number-34

The most sensible and accurate comment on the cover.

Yes. I got the same sense that it reminded me of the album covers of some single, male artists of the sixties and seventies. Too much time has passed, but I remember seeing a few in my father's record collection. I guess you have to be of a certain...time rather than age let's say ;) to appreciate such a cover.

Morrisey.png

MarvinGayeWhat%27sGoingOnalbumcover.jpg

Yes. I got the same sense that it reminded me of the album covers of some single, male artists of the sixties and seventies. Too much time has passed, but I remember seeing a few in my father's record collection. I guess you have to be of a certain...time rather than age let's say ;) to appreciate such a cover.

Morrisey.png

MarvinGayeWhat%27sGoingOnalbumcover.jpg

Fixed that for ya.
6D8F2271-DCCF-4413-B2BC-A35DD920238B.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom