Poll: I Am Not A Dog On A Chain album cover

Poll: I Am Not A Dog On A Chain album cover - How shit is it?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Yes. I got the same sense that it reminded me of the album covers of some single, male artists of the sixties and seventies. Too much time has passed, but I remember seeing a few in my father's record collection. I guess you have to be of a certain...time rather than age let's say ;) to appreciate such a cover.

Morrisey.png

MarvinGayeWhat%27sGoingOnalbumcover.jpg
Spot on.

It's a vintage-looking cover and personally I like it.

It reminds me of a lot of the old vinyl covers that you see in charity shops.

Morrissey knows exactly what he's doing.

But as usual many people on this site are lagging behind mentally.

Spot on.

It's a vintage-looking cover and personally I like it.

It reminds me of a lot of the old vinyl covers that you see in charity shops.

Morrissey knows exactly what he's doing.

But as usual many people on this site are lagging behind mentally.

how are the base colours and fonts anything like that Marvin Gaye LP??? Zero resemblance at all.

Wait till you see an actual copy.

(Optimism on this site is more rare than spotting a white couple on a TV advert.)

I’m actually embracing it now for what it is, the worst sleeve ever! The most hilarious and amateur grade sleeve I’ve ever seen on a record, and that takes some doing! So, it’s iconic and memorable in that sense.

I’m actually embracing it now for what it is, the worst sleeve ever! The most hilarious and amateur grade sleeve I’ve ever seen on a record, and that takes some doing! So, it’s iconic and memorable in that sense.
I feel you're venting some Moz-related frustration out on the cover.

It's mock vintage. Accept it.

It can both be doing that and be trash. The two aren't mutually exclusive.

Sure but it’s a pretty basic thing to copy. If it had more flare it wouldn’t feel authentic. Like I mentioned in another thread it looks like Chris isaaks San Francisco days which also apes covers of that time with the songs on the front. if the complaint is the font type or if it’s centered or not or the pixel quality of the pic etc I’m not that concerned

when life gives you lemons tuck 'em!

I thought adding a colour filter to it might help, but it's still bad :tearsofjoy:

pPu4FeZ3jZ2VBzP1SSZctn4YxYG7fVZ-VzrxXzb7OIJlliBSPPjKrOHi9pK7-vQrMbFgLRB3VcIGTk883nr_Hwb9X5PsiYQvyVl6spQy215_RErq4ybktXxQ2h_Nf4y5HdQqOamb_G_IQJ6oitgRk4lrN8136mCNGniaLMnOVhWlL8ETR71JbDAmOcp_1m2szuH3eC2eXTPTwzizWQPkfVnkeid1LQVU3MC-465aK7DYoArnqfNZxrc8ZvtTwAf2jBewOOLf2bW_CjEDPujrKJFGUt4bl7IiqI3uE2xacXf_eUWGSomXx593ZRuZKqJLl7wzmquwtgnATGKb6tnm8c3yvC7okH0hm9VL35p2015dsXmPtQG9ZQcEM58aIJ4tiCbRd5u8uwXNEYNgHQbO2S5khQcvq5tOQIaTmV-nW6-BzVwojuK51jXaAu6f8kP2DbNKG2K5RgT39N7S1BYeld30uNppaeSdB3_lPcVxvj3qz9Rfg0GE3rWp6nVrDF89ob4CRz63WqHVEaKxJTHN30HkgRdnIqwXLmB3ybFxZDKe8vKTyPA0LxAiVI-sIQ1vgcBQVE6YgMeFVUcTx6lJvj1InB0sPBIYvisahYFH1i_QV3cQt2vWb_BKJWUVncuGh5NWTVJsGXzR5H7-lqQhoX2ju3SACCCdpsr4qbI3I-BVaaViMMHdG5U=s500-no

I don't know. It isn't shit coloured. His name still takes up, I don't know, a fifth of the cover. Does Mozzy need his name on the cover in 2020?

NOPE!

HE'S f***ING MORRISSEY!!!

Pat Boone sing 1959

Pat boone sings Irving Berlin (has the all caps)

Hello

I don’t think you’re a hater and I am familiar with your posts.

My comment was basically written out of frustration because of all the hate that does get posted here daily. I find it difficult to believe that fans can’t accept that Morrissey has changed over the years. Most people here don’t like the changes but, come on, the comments can be brutal. I don’t have a problem with fans expressing disappointment, but it just seems like no one is ever happy with anything he does anymore. Would I love another Your Arsenal? Hell yes! But that’s not going to happen. I can accept that. He has changed way too much over the years, but I do like his current work and I love the cover for this new album...AND...I would like to say that I don’t have shitty taste! :)
Thanks for your thoughtful reply. I’m very happy Moz is still around making music (that wasn’t even a given a few years back) and have no criticism about his current band or music; I love most of it. I’m not crazy about the cover art but it’s not the end all/be all of course.
And I think you have excellent taste...anyone who’s as big a James Dean fan as you are clearly does. :)

I feel you're venting some Moz-related frustration out on the cover.

It's mock vintage. Accept it.

;)
All these trolls are frustrated at Moz for being full of money while they have zero money. they want Moz to give them some money as if Moz was the dole. This one is also:

images

he didnt pre order anything he has no money.:crazy:

Thanks for your thoughtful reply. I’m very happy Moz is still around making music (that wasn’t even a given a few years back) and have no criticism about his current band or music; I love most of it. I’m not crazy about the cover art but it’s not the end all/be all of course.
And I think you have excellent taste...anyone who’s as big a James Dean fan as you are clearly does. :)
That’s very kind of you! Thank you

Back
Top Bottom