Post Whatever You Are Thinking At This Very Moment

Well it’s only a few hours now until the wedding, the highlight of my summer social engagements...

Just had a bath, shaved the bold head and fat face ... and I’m wearing THAT suit...

It’s destiny that I’ll pull tonight👵

My usual technique is to attack from the back with a club, like a caveman.

But I’ll have to up my game tonight as the possible ladies on offer are slightly more sophisticated than what I’m used with....

I’ve been in touch with my olde mucker, the real vegan and he has sent me a small bottle of
Rohypnol .....

Told me he swears by it...
Said he’s fathered many hogs this way ......

Sooo wish me luck tonight on my Quest for a lady ....

Well it’s only a few hours now until the wedding, the highlight of my summer social engagements...

Just had a bath, shaved the bold head and fat face ... and I’m wearing THAT suit...

It’s destiny that I’ll pull tonight👵

My usual technique is to attack from the back with a club, like a caveman.

But I’ll have to up my game tonight as the possible ladies on offer are slightly more sophisticated than what I’m used with....

I’ve been in touch with my olde mucker, the real vegan and he has sent me a small bottle of
Rohypnol .....

Told me he swears by it...
Said he’s fathered many hogs this way ......

Sooo wish me luck tonight on my Quest for a lady ....
Too bad men don't get menopause. It's a relief to lose your libido.

oh wow, the fasters high is strong this time

@Born to Harangue since we agree that 1.Outside is the best bowie album, what do you think of bring me the disco king?? one of my favourite bowie songs. (really hits the spot on the 6th day of my fast!)

Easily one of his better post Outside songs.

Outside along with Heroes, ScaryMonsters, Diamond Dogs, Man Who Sold and Blackstar

are my top favorite Bowie albums, of course I love them all, whatever mood you’re in, Bowie will most likely be able to satisfy ya.

VIVA BOWIE !!!

:rock::thumb::cool:

Easily one of his better post Outside songs.

Outside along with Heroes, ScaryMonsters, Diamond Dogs, Man Who Sold and Blackstar

are my top favorite Bowie albums, of course I love them all, whatever mood you’re in, Bowie will most likely be able to satisfy ya.

VIVA BOWIE !!!

:rock::thumb::cool:
agree with all of those, spesh heroes and scary monsters. would also add heathen!! reality had some good moments too, like Looking for Water (edit: oh! and bring me the disco king obviously lol).

still havent completely listened to blackstar yet as im afraid ill find it too upsetting. :(

viva bowie!!

Last edited:
agree with all of those, spesh heroes and scary monsters. would also add heathen!! reality had some good moments too, like Looking for Water (edit: oh! and bring me the disco king obviously lol).

still havent completely listened to blackstar yet as im afraid ill find it too upsetting. :(

viva bowie!!

Agree there’s some good songs between Outside and Blackstar, Heathen being very good. My list was mostly albums that work as a whole for me. Though Outside can seem scrambled and I feel a bit long, it still somehow works. I also like Aladdin Sane better than Ziggy, but I also like the Laughing Gnome period and those 3 singles pulled from the Modern Love album, Lets Dance, etc so it’s varied.

You probably heard "Let's Dance" once and then looked up a list of "Bowie" records.
bowie has been my longest running lieblingsmann. when i was twelve years old i cut out his picture from a newspaper and carried it around in my pocket for ages thereafter, always making sure that my mom didnt find it because i felt that anything that fascinating (as bowie) had to be kept a secret.

@Born to Harangue since we agree that 1.Outside is the best bowie album, what do you think of bring me the disco king?? one of my favourite bowie songs. (really hits the spot on the 6th day of my fast!)

Exquisite taste as always, Queen :hearteyes: :hearteyes: . You go for the deep cuts while somebody else might be content to post 'Changes' or 'Heroes' for the 50 millionth time. 1993-2003 era Bowie is criminally underappreciated, which you recognise, and that's one more reason why you're the Queen!

It's good timing that you've mentioned this song because I hadn't heard it in a while but it was played recently on a radio show I listen to, and here's my honest assessment of it. While I was listening to it and admiring the music and vocals I couldn't help but think that I would have liked it even more if Bowie had changed the "Bring Me the Disco King" line to something else.

I know he had the song for a decade before he released it and he tried it in different styles during that time yet the title remained unchanged. That's disappointing to me because the title lyric isn't something that you can place a lot of your own meaning onto like you can with other Bowie lyrics, or at least I can't. And I love practically everything else about the song (I appreciate the spaciousness and the jazzy elements of the song especially) but that one quibble of mine just moves it from being a first tier Bowie song to second tier for me. From "bona fide classic" to "almost a classic". I know I'm being petty about it, it's still a really fine song which I'd stop whatever I'm doing to listen to when it comes on.

It's a bit like "Some Girls Are Bigger Than Others" in my mind; it has almost everything in place to be a song of the decade contender but there's just not that perfect marriage between music and lyrics. Another impression I have of it is that it's like a piece of music that was written for a concept album or a musical that was never completed so when you hear it there's some context missing. The song builds beautifully for three minutes before the title line is sung - the most important line in the song - and I don't know about you but it just leaves me feeling cold. That should be the line that packs a punch after the poignant build-up but I'm still waiting for it to land. If there's something I'm missing about that line which would give me a new perspective on it please let me know because I'm desperate to love this song and I *almost* do!

Tags
* no social life frink advice artie lange awesome bitching blush bored brooms candies chat cheese with your whine? college is tough companionship complaining epiphany episiotomy friendships funny happy i think u stink just lust moaning never to be replaced rabid monkey sad suck my teeth sweet caroline wowzers
Back
Top Bottom