Rank the tracks on IANADOAC

• Thread starter Deleted member 1074
  • Start date
I think something I do quite like about this album after the second listen through is that all the live versions we have heard so far (well, 3 songs...) do sound quite noticeably different from the studio versions to me. Whether it be slightly different pacing, different inflections on vocal melodies, or less electronic parts etc... I like that. Its nice when live versions aren't just complete copy/paste jobs of the studio so it makes me hopeful of some good quality (maybe SER made) recordings from future shows that feature the new songs so it gives even more variety to listen to.

I think something I do quite like about this album after the second listen through is that all the live versions we have heard so far (well, 3 songs...) do sound quite noticeably different from the studio versions to me. Whether it be slightly different pacing, different inflections on vocal melodies, or less electronic parts etc... I like that. Its nice when live versions aren't just complete copy/paste jobs of the studio so it makes me hopeful of some good quality (maybe SER made) recordings from future shows that feature the new songs so it gives even more variety to listen to.

Yeah i don’t know why he hasn’t released more Live albums. Solo wise we’ve only have ‘Beethoven was deaf’ and ‘Live at Earl’s Court’. I know there’s always the odd live b-side but it’s not the same as a whole gig.

Yeah i don’t know why he hasn’t released more Live albums. Solo wise we’ve only have ‘Beethoven was deaf’ and ‘Live at Earl’s Court’.

You could probably stretch that to M in Manchester and 25Live .... could even push it to Hollywood Bowl. But you're right. I've really enjoyed the SER recordings lately so I'd be happy with just more of them.

For now,

1. Jim Jim Falls
2. Once I Saw The River Clean
3. Love Is On Its Way Out
4. Knockabout World
5. I Am Not A Dog On A Chain
6. Bobby Don´t You Think They Know?
7. Darling, I Hug A Pillow
8. What Kind Of People Live in These Houses?
9. My Hurling Days are Done
10. The Secret Of Music
11. The Truth About Ruth

all in all, it does not disappoint! I quite like the electronic vibe of it ( hince, my ranking) and there are some fine lyrics in most of the songs. Chapeau!

1. What Kind Of ...
2. I Am Not A Dog ...
3. Knockabout
4. Jim Jim .
5. Love Is On ..
6. Bobby Don't ..
7. My Hurlin' ..
8. Truth About ..
9. Darling I Hug ..
10 . Once I Saw ..
11 . The Secret Of Music .

This Menu May Be Changed Over Days ... ( But By The Way ... It's Very Good Album .. ) . Thanks To FWD For Ripping The CD Off .. :thumb: :thumb::thumb:

I can't comment on all of it, but outstanding track thus far is Hurling. 10/10.
Lump in the throat track...
Just taking myself off somewhere to man-up.

All I can say is, I should not have listened to the Alain Whyte demos first. Wow, and I mean no negativity here but, every one of them are light years better than these new album tracks. Not to beat a dead dog (on a chain) but Moz really made a bad decision severing their alliance

For now, after 2 spins:

1. What Kind Of People Live in These Houses?
2. My Hurling Days are Done
3. Jim Jim Falls
4. I Am Not A Dog On A Chain
5. Once I Saw The River Clean
6. Knockabout World
7. Bobby Don´t You Think They Know?
8. Love Is On Its Way Out
9. Darling, I Hug A Pillow
10. The Secret Of Music
11. The Truth About Ruth

Jim Jim Falls - 8/10
Love Is On Its Way Out - 7/10
Bobby, Don't You Think They Know? - 7/10
I Am Not A Dog On A Chain - 8/10
What Kind of People Live In These Houses? - 8/10
Knockabout World - 7/10
Darling, I Hug A Pillow - 8/10
Once I Saw The River Clean - 8/10
The Truth About Ruth - 5/10
The Secret Of Music - 7/10
My Hurling Days Are Done - 8/10
Overall 8.5
Very strong album
How does it get 8.5 overall if no track is better than 8? Agree mostly though

1. Jim Jim
2. Once I Saw the River
3. Hurling Days
4. Secret Music
5. Knockabout
6. Love is on its Way
7. What Kind People
8. Darling, I Hug
9. Truth Ruth
10. Dog on a Chain
11. Bobby

THK
1. What Kind of People Live in These Houses? - A cracking track with classic jangly-guitars and fiercely witty lyrics. One of his best ever!
2. I Am Not A Dog On A Chain - Some very clever quips following a stream-of-consciousness-esque portrayal. Music gives me Kill Uncle vibes.
3. Once I Saw the River Clean - Great blend of electronica accompanied with nostalgic imagery.
4. My Hurling Days Are Done - Fantastic closer. A simple ballad with strong emotional vigor.
5. The Truth About Ruth - A solid Moz track that builds with complexity as the song stretches on.
6. Jim Jim Falls - Killer opener with unexpected electronic beats. It's Moz meets Pet Shop Boys and it's great!
7. The Secret of Music - Radical avant-garde meditation with interesting lyrical and musical experimentation.
8. Love is on Its Way Out - Haunting musical arrangements with a bloody fantastic ending section of euphoric melodrama.
9. Darling, I Hug a Pillow - A pretty basic track with some interesting lyrics but, overall, could've had more depth.
10. Knockabout World - It had a lot of potential musically, but overall a very weak lyric. I loved the ending section tough!
11. Bobby, Don't You Think They Know? - Lazy lyrics and overly-long for what it set out to do, but some interesting musical elements.

River clean
Hurling days
Jim jim
Love is on its way out
I am not a dog on a chain
Knockabout world
Bobby
houses
Pillow
Secret of music
Truth about ruth
I like ruth too. Great album.

Last edited:
I'm LOVING:
River clean
Love is on its way out
Secret of music
Hurling Days
Knockabout world
What Kind Of People Live in These Houses?
Bobby Don´t You Think They Know?

I'm LIKING
Jim Jim Falls
Dog on a Chain
Darling, I Hug A Pillow

I'm MEH
The Truth About Ruth

I prefer the “youre okay by me” Moz to the “go kill yourself” Moz.
1) Knockabout
2) Dog
3) Love is
4) Bobby
5) The others are tied

All I can say is, I should not have listened to the Alain Whyte demos first. Wow, and I mean no negativity here but, every one of them are light years better than these new album tracks. Not to beat a dead dog (on a chain) but Moz really made a bad decision severing their alliance

AlainT, trolling for work,mate?:grin:
submit the sucky demos to the salad punk rock group?

AlainT, trolling for work,mate?:grin:
submit the sucky demos to the salad punk rock group?

maybe they’re just more akin to my personal taste, but they are really good. Have you listened to them yet? They’re in the downloads section.
They really take you back to the golden age

Back
Top Bottom