Recommend something, anything

I was trained to be weary of nationalism/patriotism but this gets me every time. :love:

Last edited by a moderator:
Thug Life compilations are my new favorite meme. :rofl:

Wow.

today ill share a poem (im no poet) i wrote forever ago as im looking through old sketch books and notebooks. please remember im no poet

"if i only knew"

"all fortunes foretold,

i will someday stand in your reflection,

trembling while the heavens laugh and sing the story of my struggle in this two-bit complex configuration,

and father, all fortunes foretold that i would someday watch you die,

in fear my heart reaches for my own reflection,

for its thin eternal certainty,

only to find that my seeming has fled this world with you and that now i stand alone,

with all fortunes foretold my eternal certainty was long ago assured its exit and now the task of assembling a new seeming has caught me in a prison of blood and semen,

if only the heavens would once again sing the sweet seductive secrets of the dawn could i attempt this foredoomed task of replicating and replacing my own identity"

again im no poet and i know it but i thought it might be fun to share witth no real expectations. for people so into moz and poetry in general im somewhat surprised that there isnt more fan pieces floating around here.

today ill share a poem (im no poet) i wrote forever ago as im looking through old sketch books and notebooks. please remember im no poet

"if i only knew"

"all fortunes foretold,

i will someday stand in your reflection,

trembling while the heavens laugh and sing the story of my struggle in this two-bit complex configuration,

and father, all fortunes foretold that i would someday watch you die,

in fear my heart reaches for my own reflection,

for its thin eternal certainty,

only to find that my seeming has fled this world with you and that now i stand alone,

with all fortunes foretold my eternal certainty was long ago assured its exit and now the task of assembling a new seeming has caught me in a prison of blood and semen,

if only the heavens would once again sing the sweet seductive secrets of the dawn could i attempt this foredoomed task of replicating and replacing my own identity"

again im no poet and i know it but i thought it might be fun to share witth no real expectations. for people so into moz and poetry in general im somewhat surprised that there isnt more fan pieces floating around here.

We keep our poems hid in the sketchbooks of deaths dateless night. :cool:

well i havnt been dateless since i was in high school so i guess ill put it out there. people should share more of there stuff. its not like were trying to be famous or anything. seeing people being inactive do what i imagine is potential fear of embarrassment is sad to me. i dont care if people like it or dont but it means something to me. i wrote it for my father on the night i realized and couldnt avoid the thought of him one day dying

well i havnt been dateless since i was in high school so i guess ill put it out there. people should share more of there stuff. its not like were trying to be famous or anything. seeing people being inactive do what i imagine is potential fear of embarrassment is sad to me. i dont care if people like it or dont but it means something to me. i wrote it for my father on the night i realized and couldnt avoid the thought of him one day dying

You've got a great attitude, art should always be about your own need to get it down rather than what others think. I was always more comfortable writing music than words because words are so damn personal and it takes guts to throw your feelings out there for all to see.

Back
Top Bottom