Request for lossless Chain Gang edit

Skylarker

People come second, or possibly third.
Yo peeps I'm trying to find Chain Gang in FLAC but the version without the muzak intro or the fake audience intro. I have it in 320 but I do not recall the source.

The official 320 edit was via myself and IR had made a fan edit at the time too.
Thanks for the FLAC.
Regards,
FWD.

The official 320 edit was via myself and IR had made a fan edit at the time too.
Thanks for the FLAC.
Regards,
FWD.
Since you're way smarter than me about this stuff isn't there a way to find out if something is truly lossless as contrasted with, say, a lossy source that's been re-encoded?

I've noticed that most FLAC files of average length songs are somewhere around 25 to 28 megs (whereas a 320 mp3 of the same is roughly 10 or 11.) So if someone were to take an mp3 and re-encode it would the resulting FLAC file size be smaller, theoretically, since the source itself was smaller than the info found on a CD?

Since you're way smarter than me about this stuff isn't there a way to find out if something is truly lossless as contrasted with, say, a lossy source that's been re-encoded?
Give this a try:
Edit:
First link had some negative feedback, try:
And read:
Regards,
FWD.

Last edited:
Give this a try:
Edit:
First link had some negative feedback, try:
And read:
Regards,
FWD.
Thanks. I'll look into it. Also I added some context to my question.

Since you're way smarter than me about this stuff isn't there a way to find out if something is truly lossless as contrasted with, say, a lossy source that's been re-encoded

I've noticed that most FLAC files of average length songs are somewhere around 25 to 28 megs (whereas a 320 mp3 of the same is roughly 10 or 11.) So if someone were to take an mp3 and re-encode it would the resulting FLAC file size be smaller, theoretically, since the source itself was smaller than the info found on a CD?
Software like Audacity lets you encode pretty much how you want - so any initial source size can be misleading.
You'll see a lot of so called "upscaling" of 320 to FLAC or the usual dodgy low source mp3 re-encoded to 320.
It does nothing and is pointless - just a waste of memory space.
The best way around official stuff being messed with is to buy it - or look for sites where some of us strive to provide clear sources :)
FWD.

Software like Audacity lets you encode pretty much how you want - so any initial source size can be misleading.
You'll see a lot of so called "upscaling" of 320 to FLAC or the usual dodgy low source mp3 re-encoded to 320.
It does nothing and is pointless - just a waste of memory space.
The best way around official stuff being messed with is to buy it - or look for sites where some of us strive to provide clear sources :)
FWD.
Yeah. Agreed. About a year/year and a half ago I started rebuying everything I used to have, and buying new releases in physical form (CD, not vinyl..I hate vinyl.)

Back
Top Bottom