Morrissey Central RINGLEADER DELUXE ! (July 17, 2020)

Morrissey’s third UK number 1 album ‘Ringleader of the Tormentors’ will be issued this year by BMG for the first time.The album is presently being ‘rebooted’ by producer Tony Visconti and will feature more sections by Ennio Morricone and his orchestra from the 2005 sessions in Rome, plus a photographic booklet.The original album featured four UK hit singles, ‘You Have Killed Me’ (Number 3), ‘The Youngest Was The Most Loved’(Number 14), ‘In The Future When All’s Well’ (Number 17), ‘I Just Want To See The Boy Happy’ (Number 16).

full

I don't hear a total lack of melody, to be honest.
In fact, I've had the song stuck in my head all day and have found myself humming it a couple of times.
I think it's very interesting how highly divisive this song is.

Wait - are you the person who also dislikes Boy with the Thorn...?
I can't cope, my mind is blown!

Wait - are you the person who also dislikes Boy with the Thorn...?
I can't cope, my mind is blown!
Yes, I am. But it's just my personal opinion, you know. And I never said The Boy was a bad song or At Last I Am Born was a great song.

Just a thought on 'At last I am born'...the only time I saw Moz attempt this live was at Birmingham Symphony Hall...it was slightly ludicrous and even Moz seemed to give up half way through. Did he ever attempt it again?

I'm quite fond of the Ringleaders version...but only if I hear it by mistake.

I like the live version. Its "dramatic & theatrical" quality is exactly what's appealing to me. It's almost comical.

The lines
"I once used to chase
affection withdrawn
but now I just sit back and yawn"

are hilarious to me. I guess I'm able to enjoy it because I don't take it too seriously.
The lyrics are great fun. Life affirming Moz is underrated. The lyrics to Born are a fine testament to his life in the mid 00’s.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom