Rochester Hills, MI - Meadow Brook Amphitheatre (Sep. 13, 2019) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

How Soon Is Now? / Suedehead / Alma Matters / Hairdresser On Fire / I Wish You Lonely / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / That Joke Isn't Funny Anymore / Lady Willpower / Wedding Bell Blues / Morning Starship / Why Don't You Find Out For Yourself / Everyday Is Like Sunday / If You Don't Like Me, Don't Look At Me / Munich Air Disaster 1958 / Back On The Chain Gang / Satan Rejected My Soul / Seasick, Yet Still Docked / The Bullfighter Dies / Never Again Will I Be A Twin / Some Say I Got Devil / Jack The Ripper // What She Said

Setlist provided by setlist.fm

• Morrissey at Meadow Brook Ampitheatre, in photos by Ken Settle (48 total) - themorningsun.com. Link posted by lanterns.

full

Last edited:
I’ve just typed ‘Blue Dreamer’s Eyes’ into Apple Music, and for reasons doubtlessly related, a recording of The Ratpack at aThe Sands Hotel came up: I’m really enjoying it, and it reminds me of the thrill of being a Morrissey fan, following the trails in 1993.

Put your phones away and enjoy the show. Be there for the music, not Instagram “likes”. This has transcended novelty, into madness. Do you honestly think that ANYONE gives a rat’s-ass about your shitty phone photos and videos? ...that YOURS are somehow better than the rest? Must be terribly uncomfortable for an artist who’s not a millennial to look out at a sea of f***ing phones, when they’re trying to deliver a heartfelt message.

Live your life in the moment. Put your f***ing phone away, or I’ll happily dispense with it for you.
That's the stupidest remark ever, I film so I can preserve the memories longer and if you have the technology why not use it, not only that real fans are trying to preserve history for the younger crowds . we just heard about all the little kids at the show enjoying themselves. so I ask you this ….when they get older and moz unfortunately is no longer here,how will we be able to show them such an iconic singer without video or at least audio, already Smiths videos are rare. ive enjoyed every show that ive filmed at, and still to this day enjoy watching with my friends or even listening to them(preserved past shows) in car while traveling..... so don't listen to this crap keep posting. Film, its very unselfish, to share with others who would love to be there but live on the other side of the planet or couldn't make the show because of so many other reasons. and what is this crap about YOURS being better than the rest, you are making shit up. This is another example of Negativity not needed here on this sight , but I guess that there opinion , I just think they are naïve to the facts of preserving the live history of the greatest vocalist and lyricts EVER and last of the famous playboys.
regards forgivemeJesus …..for my anger and profanity

Put your phones away and enjoy the show. Be there for the music, not Instagram “likes”. This has transcended novelty, into madness. Do you honestly think that ANYONE gives a rat’s-ass about your shitty phone photos and videos? ...that YOURS are somehow better than the rest? Must be terribly uncomfortable for an artist who’s not a millennial to look out at a sea of f***ing phones, when they’re trying to deliver a heartfelt message.

Live your life in the moment. Put your f***ing phone away, or I’ll happily dispense with it for you.
Couldn’t agree with you more

C’est fini. Once my powers are recharged a bit, I’ll get the select few (like 4-5) Interpol pics I took posted. Most likely tomorrow. Thanks for taking a look!

Thanks a lot TAT.
Your pictures made it possible to project myself into the gig without being there or hearing the music.

Rochester Hills Michigan.jpg

Rochester Hills, MI - Meadow Brook Amphitheatre (Sep. 13, 2019)

In 'Downloads / Bootlegs'

What She Said:
Good audience recording (8,5)
Fichier audio MP3 / 320 kbit/s

From youtube: Asif Nasim

Best Regards,

PIVI16

View from the almost, almost front row continued:

Maybe I'm a sucker but Moz seemed really emotional at the end of Everyday is like Sunday. I think meself somewhat of an expert on Morrissey facial expressions and I really got the vibe of nearly tears of joy. The song enjoyed the now typical full audience sing-a-long and Moz seemed quite pleased. He had just announced the 1,000th show thing a few songs back and this seemed to put him un-expectantly over the top.

At every show I believe I've saw an every more relaxed and easy-going Moz. I love Morrissey - heck, unlike the snowflakes I love him even more as a non-looney liberal. However even with my love I can never deny that Moz is quite the grouch at times. On past tours I witnessed many shows where one small things seemed to annoy Moz for the rest of the night. A crowd that sings a long primarily to "the hits" might have been a thing to get on a younger Morrissey nerves. These days he seems to realize that a venue full of people singing his words is quite the blessing and good fortune.

Speaking of facial expressions I caught at least two of Morrissey's "true" smile/laugh - the one he tries to hide and pull back (see the 2004 Jonathon Ross interview). Related was, again, a few moments where I got the "this is going quite well" vibe. Moz is very arrogant at times (he's an artists - we'll allow it) but I think even Moz can get caught of guard when he sees his true success in a moment of clarity. Do I read in too much? Maybe - but I was very close and have twenty some years of Moz watching under my belt. I think I'm at least somewhat correct. For me I see contentment.

"Morning Starship" was announced with another version of "... boy from Pennsylvania" - though I believe he started to introduce it one song too early. Before an early song I heard something about "a boy" then after heading back toward the drum riser (is his copy of the set list there?) a small laugh followed by "there is no boy"

Lyrics in "Why Don't you find out for yourself" where messed up (and my favorite part at that). "Some men here/they know the full extent of/your distress" was replaced with a repeat of "Some men here/have a special interest/in your career" then into "they kneel and pray and they say". Morrissey acknowledged the mistake afterward in a comment.

During "Some say" or another "emotional" song's quiet part someone yelled out "I love you" and Morrissey gave his fake but suppossed to be real sideways grimmace combined with semi-grin. A small moment of this-is-suppossed-to-be-a-serious-moment-but-that-was-a-bit-funny.

Heading out to eat. Should I write more later?

Last edited:
At every show I believe I've saw an every more relaxed and easy-going Moz.

That was the impression I got from this show too; my mum had asked when she learned I was going: "do you think there will be people protesting because of all of this 'For Britain" stuff?" - not something I'd even remotely considered (I'm not really in tune with all that to be honest), but it made me start to wonder what the vibe might be - I believe that the last show I went to in December 2017 was before the current round of controversy, and I do recall everything coming to a standstill while someone who said something he didn't like was ejected, but ...

The Friday the 13th of the Meadow Brook show had been a bit strange - not the least with the weather vacillating between storm and sun - and there was just sort of something in the air as the skies darkened in the woods and we waited for the full moon to rise. Interpol bored the arse off of me to be frank, but I enjoyed the pre-show montage - similar to last time, but with some new, unique elements - the "take care of Morrrissey tonight" clip particularly made me chuckle; and I loved the opening "It's Friday the 13th...you're in the woods...alone...with me"! :D Launching into the hits immediately out of the gate resulted in the expected crowd engagement, and as he sang his cherished California Son covers, I just started to feel like he was relaxed and enjoying himself - not an impression I ever recall having in prior shows (my first was in Ann Arbor in 1997). I found the show particularly enjoyable - I go to a lot of concerts, but wasn't sure what being on the lawn at a venue of this size would be like (the prior show's venue was about 1/3 of this' capacity) - and I have to say it was brilliantly put together and absolutely enjoyable even all the way back past the seated section; I've been a fan for decades but I have to say this performance increased my even more... I especially enjoyed the "big reveal" at the end, which I certainly was not expecting these days! :rock:

I did take some pics and vids with my "real" camera (not phone) but it looks like others here were much closer so I won't bore you with them beyond these:

PS, I was amused to learn that Morrissey was aware of both YouTube and the concept of "shitposting"! :lbf:

That was the impression I got from this show too; my mum had asked when she learned I was going: "do you think there will be people protesting because of all of this 'For Britain" stuff?" - not something I'd even remotely considered (I'm not really in tune with all that to be honest), but it made me start to wonder what the vibe might be - I believe that the last show I went to in December 2017 was before the current round of controversy, and I do recall everything coming to a standstill while someone who said something he didn't like was ejected, but ...

The Friday the 13th of the Meadow Brook show had been a bit strange - not the least with the weather vacillating between storm and sun - and there was just sort of something in the air as the skies darkened in the woods and we waited for the full moon to rise. Interpol bored the arse off of me to be frank, but I enjoyed the pre-show montage - similar to last time, but with some new, unique elements - the "take care of Morrrissey tonight" clip particularly made me chuckle; and I loved the opening "It's Friday the 13th...you're in the woods...alone...with me"! :D Launching into the hits immediately out of the gate resulted in the expected crowd engagement, and as he sang his cherished California Son covers, I just started to feel like he was relaxed and enjoying himself - not an impression I ever recall having in prior shows (my first was in Ann Arbor in 1997). I found the show particularly enjoyable - I go to a lot of concerts, but wasn't sure what being on the lawn at a venue of this size would be like (the prior show's venue was about 1/3 of this' capacity) - and I have to say it was brilliantly put together and absolutely enjoyable even all the way back past the seated section; I've been a fan for decades but I have to say this performance increased my even more... I especially enjoyed the "big reveal" at the end, which I certainly was not expecting these days! :rock:

I did take some pics and vids with my "real" camera (not phone) but it looks like others here were much closer so I won't bore you with them beyond these:

PS, I was amused to learn that Morrissey was aware of both YouTube and the concept of "shitposting"! :lbf:

We are not bored, please find time to post videos it dont matter where you were, sometimes the audio is better at a distance......please find time to post

Finally, 4k video processed. Part of "Everday is Like Sunday" including the emotion.

Yeah, laugh at me. Maybe I'm wrong but check 2:42 (right as I let the camera drop by mistake, grr) - seems like something to me.

Last edited:
I'm getting old. Right as the show started I realized I'd been in the wrong seat - my proper seat was up at the front. Here's the video of Moz coming on stage :

(and yes, I always make sure I do not obstruct the view of anyone who rightly belonged there. Even with my camera - I try to keep it in front of my own view).

We are not bored, please find time to post videos it dont matter where you were, sometimes the audio is better at a distance......please find time to post

OK! I got a fair number of videos - not sure if their quality or enjoyability - but will attempt to upload some tomorrow! :)

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom