Roll Call: Boston

Still not queueing, but you can look for me w/ two-tone, long hair with flowers in it. Probably rocking a '50s-inspired look. With my sister, who is also a pretty girl. :)

--jeniphir

I saw someone in line with two-toned long hair and I stopped and said, "Are you Jeniphir?" but it wasn't you. Oh well, I tried.

Sorry to anyone who got bumped at the front by people buying stuff at the HOB store. I did mention this previously...

Uhh actually I was told that there WAS a skip the line feature, based on buying stuff at the gift shop. I was at the HOB box office on Saturday buying tix for another show and asked about that. The girl told me that you could pass the line if you bought a certain amount of stuff in the gift shop. I asked how much and she said she thought it was $15. She suggested that I call the gift shop to confirm the details. I didn't call.

What did you do for your shirts to not be torn into pieces? Are you seven feet tall and you just hold them up so that nobody else can reach them after you got hold of them?

That's what I was thinking. Or maybe Flax is sleeping with Morrissey. ;):D
WAY TO GO, Flax!! Can I stand by you at the next show? :thumb:

Sorry to anyone who got bumped at the front by people buying stuff at the HOB store. I did mention this previously...

So, the gift shop is different than the regular merchandise area? I think that's crap to give people preferential treatment if they've bought something at the gift shop. As if being there (and buying a little something, and standing in line) isn't costing enough.

Well, people did have the option bypass the line even up till the last minute and as wemissumoz mentioned, it was posted here previously. A few people around me did take up the offer. I just didn't think it was worth it for me and still had a very good spot.

Had a great time myself. Wouldn't say it ranks high on my list of shows but definitely gets my thumbs up. :thumb:

I decided at the last minute to go, so I got there about ten minutes before He came onto stage,and got close enough.I would not say it was his best show,nor would I say it was bad.It was a middle of the road show,which to be honest is all I expected with that setlist.

Congrats on the shirt-grab, Flax. From where I was standing (balcony, Boz-side), it looked like it had fallen into the moat.

I had low expectations based on the setlists this tour, but overall I thought the show was pretty good. Energy was good, the band rocks (as ever), Moz was chatty and seemed in a pleasant enough mood. The Courteeners were good, too. "Seasick" and "This Charming Man" were highlights. Oh, and have I mentioned I like "The Loop"? Because I may have forgotten to mention that. ;)

--jeniphir

Last night was my first Morrissey show. Loved it!

How many shows per tour do you guys and girls attend?

Hi Matt! Glad you had fun at yr first Moz show. It was a pretty good one.

I don't tour--I'm a longtime fan (not "old") but with small kids and other responsibilities it's not possible for me spend all the money/time. I wish I'd done it when I was younger, but I don't think it ever occurred to me that it was something people did, aside from Deadheads. I first saw him in '96??? (late '96 or early '97. . .it's all a blur now. Actually it was a blur at the time, given how much I cried. . .)

I went to 7.5 shows on the Ringleader/Greatest Hits tour in '07. . .the half-show being the shortened one here in Boston. Prior to that the most I'd been to on a single tour was 2. On this tour, it's just the one last night, so far. But I'm hoping he'll swing back through the US after the summer festivals. October = Morrissey in Boston, in my book.

--jeniphir

Last night was my first Morrissey show. Loved it!

How many shows per tour do you guys and girls attend?

generally I'll do any New England shows plus 2-3 "weekend warrior" trips per US tour, depending on dates, locations, cash flow, work repsonsibilites, other travel plans, etc. I've also seen shows in London and Amsterdam, though I really timed those in conjunction with other events so it wasn't strictly for Moz.

Its fun, though I really should be saving to redo the kitchen.

Last edited:
My 4th Moz show and only one thusfar for this yr unless he comes back in the fall :); I miss him already :( but it was cool to meet up w/ morrisseychic and petemoz! You guys are the best! Got to see Moz up close real good, was on the upper balcony level left side just above the stage!!!!! w/ morchic and her friend and this nice guy who came all the way from Canada ( the location of the infamous seal clubbing Moz refuses to ever set foot in again!) to see his 1st Moz show! Great fun hangin' w/ yous guys! Enjoyed my plate of steamed brocolli b4 the show=was able to JUMP THE LINE thanks for the headsup wemissyoumoz:) Loved Moz's mention of that he asked the HOB and the a-holes said NO :{to fix him up some brown rice w/ peppers for the long drive to his next gig in Ann Arbor, MI. Thought that was too cute! I am veg too so I hear ya Moz! MEAT will forever remain MURDER! And they could have had the decency to give him some damn rice already! It made me wanna rush to the nearest market and go buy me some Rice-A-Roni and toss it to him! Ha! Ha! Prob woulda gotten flack from security though it'd be worth it! reminds me of his plea for some soup at the Pav show reschedule 07/07/07 :) Somebody get this man some good warm soup for his overworked voice! All in all a great night! Got to meet 2 friends from on here and my only real disappointment was that he didn't sing INYBA as it's my fave off YOR and I was so looking forward to hearing it live! Maybe next time....Cheers! Karrie

Last edited:
Where were you sitting/standing for the shirt?

Right on the rail, center left. :)

Whoaaa! You have become a highly advanced, sophisticated Morrissey concert goer!

What did you do for your shirts to not be torn into pieces? Are you seven feet tall and you just hold them up so that nobody else can reach them after you got hold of them?

P.S. Thank you for sharing all those amazing pictures you took! They made me smile and laugh and I enjoyed them a lot.

Thanks... Luckily, at Webster and House of Blues Morrissey threw the shirt between the rail and the stage. The shirt in my direction so there was no way that people behind me could touch it.

I still can't believe it :)

Woot! :guitar: Does it have all the buttons?

The first shirt is missing 2 buttons... the second shirt is missing 4 buttons. And some of the button holes have been ripped up.

That's what I was thinking. Or maybe Flax is sleeping with Morrissey.
WAY TO GO, Flax!! Can I stand by you at the next show? :thumb:

Hummmmmm you can certain stay next to me :)

what was Boz saying to you about that? I saw him trying to say something to you.

I couldn't hear him. I think he was actually talking to my friends right next to me. They couldn't hear him either, but they both think he was saying something about the buttons that were bouncing while they were trying to catch them.

Congrats on the shirt-grab, Flax. From where I was standing (balcony, Boz-side), it looked like it had fallen into the moat.

Thanks! Did you take any pictures from there?

Yeah!:guitar: Soon you will need a new wardrobe to house Moz's shirts.

hahah yeah, I am still trying to decide what I'm gonna do to store these. Will probably frame them. :)

Flax, I didn't have a camera, plus there was a high-maintenance b**ch taking up most of the rail in front of me and making my life unneccessarily difficult. Long story. Is it you w/ the sideburns and quiff??? Or were you right next to that guy?

Speaking of which, Karrie. . .sounds like you guys were about 20 feet away from me all night! I was on the same balcony, but on the second section of rail away from the stage. Der! Wish I'd known! Next time, I will get yr cell # for occasions like this, because I know you guys would've been a lot nicer about MAKING SOME ROOM for me on the rail!

--jeniphir

Might as well Jump!

Forgot to mention this: During the encore, a guy about 10 rows back of the stage got up and was sitting on another guys shoulders. He was holding his hands out to Moz and Moz was at the edge of the stage holding his hands out toward the guy, yet they were still a good 20 feet apart. Moz then yelled, "Jump!" as if the guy could possibly jump that far. It was funny and nice to see that Moz recognized the effort that people were making to try to get on stage.

Karrie: Glad I was able to help you jump the line!

Flax, I didn't have a camera, plus there was a high-maintenance b**ch taking up most of the rail in front of me and making my life unneccessarily difficult. Long story. Is it you w/ the sideburns and quiff??? Or were you right next to that guy?

Speaking of which, Karrie. . .sounds like you guys were about 20 feet away from me all night! I was on the same balcony, but on the second section of rail away from the stage. Der! Wish I'd known! Next time, I will get yr cell # for occasions like this, because I know you guys would've been a lot nicer about MAKING SOME ROOM for me on the rail!

--jeniphir

I was next to the guy with a quiff. He's the one that had the LP signed. I have sideburns, short hair, and was wearing a black jacket.

And this is a better photo of both shirts:
mozshirts1.jpg

Flax, what does the tag in the blue shirt say? Is there a signature stitched into the lower left? My husband liked the blue shirt.

hmm i like vintage 55 imagewise better than Gucci. I am tired of Gucci... its nice n all that but I dunno... for some reason I have always had a prejudice against Gucci and I dunno why. its just the sound of the name I think.Vintage 55 is a little more cool grit low key but stylish presentation and imagerywise and its a little better fit i think. Gee I guess gucci armani and the italians is too predictable. screw Gucci. :p

Whats the brand of the other shirt flax?

Moz needs the custom Hamiltons and I want to be the one to measure him up and ask if he wants the two inch cuff, sir?

Umm what happened to Moz? HAhaha remember the old black and white video of him interviewing himself in the bathroom or wherever the hell he was picking questions out of a hat for himself? Remember the young moz talking about fashion?
bawhahahaa.... Anyway its all good... of course we want our heros looking top notch and fantastic at all times.

Last edited:
Tags
flaxownage
Back
Top Bottom