Rome - Cavea Auditorium (July 7, 2012) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Set List:

Shoplifters Of The World Unite / You Have Killed Me / You're The One For Me, Fatty / Black Cloud / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Still Ill / Ouija Board, Ouija Board / People Are The Same Everywhere / One Day Goodbye Will Be Farewell / Maladjusted / Action Is My Middle Name / I Know It's Over / I Will See You In Far Off Places / Meat Is Murder / Let Me Kiss You / To Give (The Reason I Live) / Scandinavia / Everyday Is Like Sunday / Last Night I Dreamt That Somebody Loved Me // How Soon Is Now?

set list provided by aliceasr

Morrissey apre a Roma il suo tour italiano, tra rock e malinconia (6 photos) - livecity.it. Link posted by aliceasr (translation in the comments section).

Morrissey @Luglio Suona Bene 2012 (28 photos) - ©Serena De Angelis / Facebook. Link posted by aliceasr.

Photos by Musacchio & Ianniello (5 total), pre-show news - RaiNews24. Links from Francesco.

rome.jpg

Last edited:
I loved Matt Walker but I think the Eric is a lot more subtle and brings a different feel.

People have long complained about the current state of Morrissey being to heavy. This is a swing back in the other direction.

I don't think anyone looks overly bored. They are not the headliner, they are going to be more reserved than if this was a true band.

I do like that Eric doesn't need to move like a lunatic to play a simple 4/4 beat.

I will miss Matt but I am quite happy with the replacement.

Good point. But some songs need the heavy-hitting. If the introduction of a subtler drummer results in Mozzer reverting to older, subtler songs for the setlist, brilliant.

Good point. But some songs need the heavy-hitting. If the introduction of a subtler drummer results in Mozzer reverting to older, subtler songs for the setlist, brilliant.

We have all been such a sour lot these past couple of days. I say, let's try to be happy with his choice of a band mate...at least for a day.

I'm not picking on you exclusively, Luke. It just seems there's been a lot of useless bickering going on here for a while, and it really does look like either way he turns, he can't seemed to please us. I'm happy with the set list (even if I have heard it a hundred times already) I'm just looking forward to seeing him sing, live, in front of me once again.

Sorry in advance to those who think I'm simple and a sycophant. Really, I'm just tired. Yesterday's news was exhausting to pour through. I'm looking forward to a few fun nights out with Morrissey...

Watching some of the Rome concert clips I think Eric's drumming is quite good. A lot of snap in his wrists with minimal upper-body movement compared to Matt's brawnier bashing. I think Matt was supremely suited to the likes of Speedway or Mama, not so much for quieter songs. I think Spencer had the best range but I'll give the new guy a chance. Knew those curly locks would be gone by the time he got on stage, hah. He looked a bit like Tim Booth in his publicity shot.

Fair points. Spencer's range was perfect. When it comes to Moz's 'heavier' songs, I think they sound much better live, so I liked Matt in that regard. Still, welcome Eric! Good luck :)

What a Great night in Rome!!!!!!!!!

Attachments

• 1web.jpg
    1web.jpg
    457.3 KB · Views: 12
  • 2web.jpg
    2web.jpg
    367.3 KB · Views: 10
  • 3web.jpg
    3web.jpg
    124.3 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
Awesome show in Roma. Better than last night's in Genova, because the crowd was so much more lively

the people flooding the front of the amphitheatre forced the people who stayed in their seats to stand the whole show, which pissed a lot of people off. It didn't seem like he played a full 18 songs last night or at this show, probably because I wanted to hear him play all night

Fat Boz looks better in drag than he does in person

anyone on these forums who claims Jesse can't play guitar has obviously never been to a Morrissey gig because the guy kills it every time.

and Kristeen Young is by far the WORST opening act I've ever seen, which is saying a lot. She looks like a dead ringer for Amy Winehouse and her "set" consists of her alternating between a lousy piano ballad that she plays five different variations of, interspersed with these awful, whack-ass dance tracks. All accompanied by her annoying wailing voice, which is shrill at best

if she was going to wish death on Morrissey's fanbase, then she shouldn't be surprised that NOBODY was into her set last night or the night before in Rome.

Last edited:
By the way, the set list on setlist.fm is often wrong: if you see NOW the Genova setlist you can see that is full of mistakes (they simply took the Roma on and wait someone change it!)

By the way, the set list on setlist.fm is often wrong: if you see NOW the Genova setlist you can see that is full of mistakes (they simply took the Roma on and wait someone change it!)

Thank you for the set list correction and for providing such a detailed report.

An amusing aside about the Roma show I forgot to mention yesterday

there was a bookstore directly behind the amphitheatre that sold music and dvds as well. There were several Morrissey/Smiths displays for their records and dvds. I was hovering around Mozzer's solo section in the pop/rock section, where they must have had about 25 copies of the Viva Hate 2012 remaster in stock, priced at only 10 euro

and people were avoiding that shit like the plague. I watched this fat goth couple snatch up the Southpaw re-issue, the '88-'95 three-disc singles collection and his Live In Dallas dvd wihout so much as a moment's hesitation, but they skipped right over the VH re-issue like it wasn't even there

other's were doing it, too. I didn't see one person so much as pick it up and inspect the tracklisting on the back of the sleeve. f***ing hilarious; the VH remaster priced at a bargain special and still nobody wants anything to do with it.

i was probably the only filipino among the crowd,the gig was great,to see how passionate the fans were is just amazing,i traveled 10hrs,i live in the south of italy.it was all worth it. Grazie Moz:)

Went up to the Auditorium on Sat as I was on holiday in Rome. Didn't manage to get a ticket but it was great watching the sound check and moz watching his band pract ic while drinking a cup oftea only5 or so metres in front of me.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom