San Francisco, CA - The Masonic (Dec. 29, 2015) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

Suedehead / Alma Matters / Speedway / Ganglord / How Soon Is Now? / First Of The Gang To Die / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / Staircase At The University / I Will See You In Far-Off Places / This Charming Man / Kiss Me A Lot / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Jack The Ripper / Oboe Concerto / The World Is Full Of Crashing Bores / What She Said / Everyday Is Like Sunday / The Bullfighter Dies / Meat Is Murder / You Have Killed Me / Let Me Kiss You // The Queen Is Dead

setlist provided by CaffeineBloodstream.

• Review and photos (100 total) by Jason DeBord - Rock Subculture. Link posted by an anonymous person.

Morrissey-Concert-Review-Photos-2015-Tour-Masonic-San-Francisco-093.jpg
  • Photos by Christopher Victorio (17 total) - SF Weekly. Link from @SFWeekly / Twitter.

sanfrancisco2.jpg
  • Photos from @last_intl_playboy / Instagram (7 total). Link from an anonymous person.

sanfrancisco.jpg
  • CrowdAlbum:

Last edited:
And how many times do want to mention that? It doesn't stop Moz from playing it this way. So it's pointless. Apart from that, this tribute band doesn't play it better, they play it closer to the original recording and I suppose that's exactly what Moz doesn't want to do. If you don't like it, listen to the original recording and avoid listening to the current version. Simple as that.

No. They play it better.

we'll let you know.

Are you kidding? I'd rather NOT hear the main guitar line (which is admittedly not incredibly difficult to play, if you work at it) than hear it butchered as above. Morrissey's version is how he wants it played now. Anyone who's been playing guitar for a few years can figure out how to play it correctly.

The problem with your post is that Jesse CAN'T play the guitar part as written by Johnny Marr. That's why it's played in the horrible way it is now.

This "new" version is absolute garbage.

The problem with your post is that Jesse CAN'T play the guitar part as written by Johnny Marr. That's why it's played in the horrible way it is now.

There speaks a true appraisal.

Don't mess with a masterpiece.

Well done everyone named in the New Years honours list.
I knew I wouldn't make the list this year as the debunking work wouldn't be completed in time. Ma'am had offered me an O B E which I declined in favour of a knighthood next year alongside Major Tim when he returns from the I S S.
On behalf of myself and the British establishment, people of Great Britain can rest assured that in the year ahead the game of charades is going to be over for Lord CrankFraud, earlier this year a special C O B R A meeting was held at No 10 Downing St, attended by the Prime Minister, James Bond, MI5, MI6, Andy McNab, Prince Phillip and myself. ( BrummieBoy was invited but sent a kind apology via Sharon saying he was in Copenhagen letting his hair down and working on the #veg-anarchy project ) Measures where put in place preventing him and his pubrock showmen the Lawnmowers from performing the same old shit 'over and over' in the U K to the paying public when there are far better tribute bands on at your local boozer who have the decency not to expose their man boobs and talk utter bollocks.
Special thanks to everyone at the Hateful online crèche. Anony-mouses ! (So many of you but you all know who you are) David T, Uncle Skinny ( hope the move to Todd is going well and thanks for those rare archives) The one and only ' Captain Sensible' Johnny Barleycorn, The Archivist, formerly known as BrummieBoy or BB for short and not forgetting Eric Hartman, I hope you still visit Brother and keep up the fighting spirit pal. Sharon ! How could I forget you babe ? XX
Apologies to anyone who didn't get a mention.

I wish you all the ace of spades♠️for the year ahead.

Yours truly ! truly ! truly !

Benny-the-British-Butcher
♋

Hope his was his usual dry humor.. He is too good looking and fun to be alone at night, you can't meet anyone though if you don't leave the room.

THE END IS NIGH !

Does anyone know the name of a song that played before the videos? It sounded like Sparks, but I didn't recognize it.

Oh,.ffs.Benny,.his career isn"t over, he is just too stubborn to play the game. In W. hoolywood. Rich blonde signing out.

Enjoy the remaining performances while you can Aggy !
It's over!

Good evening ! My name is Benny the Butcher and I play my part in Silly Stevens downfall on behalf of the British Establishment !

God save the Queen !

Ffs, leave him alone "Benny". Why do.you hate him so much anyway. He is going to disappear in four days and then what will you do with yourself? morrissey, you are incredible human being, i have tried to let you know that? After., come back with your best record ever, love you. Xx

Last edited:
Ha ha. The band doesn't fly, they bus down to Southern CA, which I think is better than flying Southwest anyway. Morrissey does not fly with the band. At this point they have played so many shows together, they probably just show up for the gigs and don't even talk to each other otherwise, except for Jesse with foot massage duty and S&M play with Morrissey and Nancy in the hotel or at the Malibu house. Anonymous-

THE END IS NIGH !

true. it all ends with moz looking like fat elvis. my guess he will probably do my way tomorrow night.

we can then look forward to a non ending torrent of tty posts .
until he runs out of money in a year of so.

Ffs, leave him alone "Benny". Why do.you hate him so much anyway. He is going to disappear in four days and then what will you do with yourself? morrissey, you are incredible human being, i have tried to let you know that? After., come back with your best record ever, love you. Xx

It's too late Agatha my dear ! 007 is on his way as we speak and the SAS have been shadowing him for the last 7.5 months ! We cannot cling to the old days anymore !

For anyone who cares. Information regarding the pre-show music:

Doors opened at approximately 7:00 pm.
Classical music by Medtner. 7:00 pm - 7:50 pm

7:50 pm - 8:30 pm
1. Lou Reed - "Disco Mystic" 7:50 pm
2. Dave & Ansel Collins - "Monkey Spanner" 7:54 pm
3. Patti Smith - "Kimberly" 7:57 pm
4. Jobriath - "Morning Starship" 8:01 pm
5. Sparks - "Windy City" (Demo) 8:06 pm
6. Electric Light Orchestra - "Rockaria" 8:10 pm
7. Reparata - "Shoes" 8:11 pm
8. Jaybee Wasden - "De Castrow" 8:14 pm
9. The Marvelettes - "Anything You Wanna Do" 8:17 pm
10. Nathan Abshire - "Hicks Wagon Wheel Special" 8:21 pm
11. Cornershop - "It's Indian Tobacco, My Friend" 8:22 pm
12. Maya Angelou - "No, No, No, No" 8:26 pm

8:30 pm - 9:00 pm
1. Ramones - "Loudmouth" 8:30 pm
2. ? 60s pop star sounded like Chubby Checker 8:32 pm
3. Ding Dong the Wicked Witch is Dead 8:33 pm
4. Classical male flamenco dancer 8:34 pm
5. Ike & Tina Turner - "Natbush City Limits" 8:35 pm
6. Dame Edith Sitwell - Face to Face interview 8:38 pm
7. Barbara Lynn - "You'll Lose a Good Thing" 8:39 pm
8. Anne Sexton 8:42 pm
9. Leo Sayer - "The Show Must Go On" 8:44 pm
10. James Baldwin 8:47 pm
11. Mrs. Shufflewick 8:47 pm
12. Charles Aznavour - "Emmenez-moi" 8:48 pm
13. Bob & Marcia - "Young, Gifted and Black" 8:52 pm
14. New York Dolls - "Lookin' For a Kiss" 8:55 pm
15. Lypsinka - 8:59 pm

9:00...SHOWTIME!!!!!!!!!!!

hey guys, do any of you know anyting about the photo that was on the drum kit? it was a shirtless man pointing to his head. i do believe it was the backdrop for a little too. i NEED information on this photograph.

Very good sounding audience recording on DIME:

http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-details.php?id=550203

Morrissey
December 29, 2015
The Masonic
San Francisco, CA

Source: Schoeps CCM4’s > Tinybox > Sony PCM-M10 16/44.1
Mastering (BLG): Adobe Audition > iZotope Ozone 5 > WavePad > xACT > FLAC

01 Intro
02 Suedehead
03 Alma Matters
04 Speedway
05 Ganglord
06 How Soon Is Now?
07 First of the Gang to Die
08 World Peace is None of Your Business
09 Staircase at the University
10 I Will See You in Far-Off Places
11 This Charming Man
12 Kiss Me a Lot
13 I’m Throwing my Arms Around Paris
14 Jack the Ripper
15 Oboe Concerto
16 The World is Full of Crashing Bones
17 What She Said
18 Everyday is Like Sunday
19 The Bullfighter Dies
20 Meat is Murder
21 Have You Killed Me
22 Let Me Kiss You

Encore:
23 The Queen is Dead

Total Time: 103:06

I didnt say the cover is Mozart, but you have to be kidding if you think this Moz version is any good. They dont play the main guitar line because the band has a one instrument each allowed on the bus rule (joking). The melody is iconic and to omit it is shameful.

The cover guitarist gets it blatantly wrong, and his tone is insipid. To omit the melody is Morrissey's decision. For people who think Jesse can't play it, if Morrissey had wanted to play the original, Boz could easily have played that line. The point has been made to death that Morrissey opted to make his version the Death Cab version. I'm not saying that makes it right or better than the original, but people who blame Jesse more often than not tend not to know what they're talking about.

He's played "You Just Haven't Earned It Yet, Baby" and "Some Girls Are Bigger Than Others" as written by Johnny Marr - which, if you actually knew anything about guitar music, you'd know that these songs are more difficult than the "This Charming Man" riffs. Obviously you can dislike the version they play, but he's played more complicated riffs than TCM.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom