San Francisco, CA - The Masonic (Dec. 29, 2015) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

Suedehead / Alma Matters / Speedway / Ganglord / How Soon Is Now? / First Of The Gang To Die / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / Staircase At The University / I Will See You In Far-Off Places / This Charming Man / Kiss Me A Lot / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Jack The Ripper / Oboe Concerto / The World Is Full Of Crashing Bores / What She Said / Everyday Is Like Sunday / The Bullfighter Dies / Meat Is Murder / You Have Killed Me / Let Me Kiss You // The Queen Is Dead

setlist provided by CaffeineBloodstream.

• Review and photos (100 total) by Jason DeBord - Rock Subculture. Link posted by an anonymous person.

Morrissey-Concert-Review-Photos-2015-Tour-Masonic-San-Francisco-093.jpg
  • Photos by Christopher Victorio (17 total) - SF Weekly. Link from @SFWeekly / Twitter.

sanfrancisco2.jpg
  • Photos from @last_intl_playboy / Instagram (7 total). Link from an anonymous person.

sanfrancisco.jpg
  • CrowdAlbum:

Last edited:
O M G ! The free tix are being handed out in LA, the gamble hasn't payed off, there's also a rumour gathering momentum that it's gonna get pulled.
Please God no. Anyone help

not to mention the fact that it's ok now to be a black president but female or gay ? Ooomm ! I don't think the yankee hillbillies are ready for that one anytime soon steve !
Just ask the guys from bbc top gear who thought it was ok to write "man love " on their car at the " gasoline station ".

He wouldn't take the job if was handed to him on a plate anyway. He's always gobbling off about this and that yet when invited to sit on the panel of bbc question time to explain his thoughts runs off to hide behind mummy's dress tails until he plucks up the courage to come out with some more embarrassing gibberish horse shit diarrhoea !
He's all yours america.

Benny-the-british-butcher

uncle sam has rejected his soul

So he plays in LA tonight?
Only the loneliest, saddest and thoroughly miserable people work on NYE when they don`t really have to, how dreadful.
I guess some kind of melodramatic announcement will appear on TTY soon or a campy `goodbye forever, the record companies all hate me` statement at the show itself. Back in America where they still haven't shoved their hamburgers. The lure of the mighty dollar is strong with this one. Retirement is the only way forward I`m afraid. Talk about tragic.

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. What a sad sack you are.

I assume you're working tonight then, what time do you start?
Tonight I will be seeing the old year out and the new year in with family and friends - As I`ve put many hours in this year I believe I deserve a night off. I turned down a few offers of work as I think time spent with loved ones is most important on NYE.
Dress it up however you like pal but this tragedy is rapidly approaching it`s final act, to believe otherwise is just delusional.
I`ll maybe change my opinion when a major label swoops in and saves him from the desperate circuit. Until then I stand by my comment.
All the best for 2016, I hope it brings you everything you want.

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. What a sad sack you are.
Of course anyone who points out the blatantly f***ing obvious on this site must immediately be insulted and condemned.
Perhaps if more people were as devoted as you he wouldn't need to be giving free tickets away AGAIN.
Hurry and maybe you can get a cheap flight from Minnesota to LA so the illusion of a sold out show can be maintained and our hero won`t have to face the inevitable?
When did being honest about a situation become so upsetting for people? Isn`t facing up to the facts the best way to support something/someone rather than constantly pretending all is well? Have you seen the shite that passes for news on TTY these days? Did you see the KMAL video? Have you read that car crash of a novel? Are you aware he attempted to hijack the terrorist attacks in Paris to re-issue a long forgotten single?
La la land on NYE. How very f***ing apt!!

Last edited:
He just doesn't seem to be into this concert, Very little interaction with crowd and he doesn't seem jovial, maybe something is going on or he is tired. I hope he doesn't announce retirement , no need. Maybe just a long time away. I still think he regrets announcing no more UK dates, fans really will miss him.

He's played "You Just Haven't Earned It Yet, Baby" and "Some Girls Are Bigger Than Others" as written by Johnny Marr - which, if you actually knew anything about guitar music, you'd know that these songs are more difficult than the "This Charming Man" riffs. Obviously you can dislike the version they play, but he's played more complicated riffs than TCM.[/QUOTE]

You've got to be kidding.

Jesse's playing of Smiths stuff is abhorrent. He can't play any of it.

He lives in the world of power chords. He is completely incapable of delicacy and finesse.

Sorry pal, it's a fact.

He just doesn't seem to be into this concert, Very little interaction with crowd and he doesn't seem jovial, maybe something is going on or he is tired. I hope he doesn't announce retirement , no need. Maybe just a long time away. I still think he regrets announcing no more UK dates, fans really will miss him.

I wonder was announcing the end of UK dates an act self preservation?
With no record contract and little chance of new material getting a physical release the 80`s multi band concert circuit must soon be the only way of a regular payday. You are inevitably a nostalgia act if you can only play old songs. How many times are even the most faithful of fans going to pay to see the same old set list again and again? Saying no more UK shows would remove any temptation to sign up with the OMD`s and Human League`s when times get hard. I can`t think of another reason except maybe petulant spite. Whoever advised him at the time has made a serious error of judgement.

With no record contract and little chance of new material getting a physical release the 80`s multi band concert circuit must soon be the only way of a regular payday. You are inevitably a nostalgia act if you can only play old songs. How many times are even the most faithful of fans going to pay to see the same old set list again and again? Saying no more UK shows would remove any temptation to sign up with the OMD`s and Human League`s when times get hard. I can`t think of another reason except maybe petulant spite. Whoever advised him at the time has made a serious error of judgement.

Hence, Smiths reunion.

Seriously doubt Johnny Marr would want to risk his touring reputation getting involved with Mr Reliable again but stranger things have happened.
I`ve just been reading about the station that`s transmitting the show tonight, sounds like your average 80`s throwback playlist so maybe we can expect Morrissey to be supporting Bananarama and T`pau any day now?

Classic, cut off your nose to spite your face, hurt you before you hurt me. He is completely self made , very admirable and he always lands on his feet. So, they rehearse the new songs and tour later. Why do you need an album to tour with new songs anyway? He makes his fortune from touring, they all do.

Classic, cut off your nose to spite your face, hurt you before you hurt me. He is completely self made , very admirable and he always lands on his feet. So, they rehearse the new songs and tour later. Why do you need an album to tour with new songs anyway? He makes his fortune from touring, they all do.

Clearly nonsense, otherwise why would he decry the whole music industry and lack of a contract? Who do you think is paying for this tour without a deal?

O M G ! The free tix are being handed out in LA, the gamble hasn't payed off, there's also a rumour gathering momentum that it's gonna get pulled.
Please God no. Anyone help

not surprising. word is that san fran was practically papered with free tix so to make it look 3/4 full (aka almost 99 percent full).
im sure in LA you may be forced to attend if you happen to walk by the venue. 'nobody asked you if you want to go. you go, capice?'

if he cancels hes going to have to refund the broadcast 'fee'. likely will go on but a short set.

Tonight I will be seeing the old year out and the new year in with family and friends - As I`ve put many hours in this year I believe I deserve a night off. I turned down a few offers of work as I think time spent with loved ones is most important on NYE.
Dress it up however you like pal but this tragedy is rapidly approaching it`s final act, to believe otherwise is just delusional.
I`ll maybe change my opinion when a major label swoops in and saves him from the desperate circuit. Until then I stand by my comment.
All the best for 2016, I hope it brings you everything you want.

lol drag them :thumb:

Of course anyone who points out the blatantly f***ing obvious on this site must immediately be insulted and condemned.
Perhaps if more people were as devoted as you he wouldn't need to be giving free tickets away AGAIN.
Hurry and maybe you can get a cheap flight from Minnesota to LA so the illusion of a sold out show can be maintained and our hero won`t have to face the inevitable?
When did being honest about a situation become so upsetting for people? Isn`t facing up to the facts the best way to support something/someone rather than constantly pretending all is well? Have you seen the shite that passes for news on TTY these days? Did you see the KMAL video? Have you read that car crash of a novel? Are you aware he attempted to hijack the terrorist attacks in Paris to re-issue a long forgotten single?
La la land on NYE. How very f***ing apt!!

i agree, butyou see there are casual fans and there are irrational fans like AghataC, Counthree, marred, Irish blood Irish heart, lazy_sunbather :straightface:

exactly!! i feel like a lot of his fans on this site are afraid to admit he has become a nostalgia act, but let's face it, that's what he is right now

exactly!! i feel like a lot of his fans on this site are afraid to admit he has become a nostalgia act, but let's face it, that's what he is right now

It isn't that complicated, he likes to sing and his fans adore him. As long as he is selling tickets, he should play if he wants to. I was shocked as to how vicious it is in the first couple of rows. He is really really adored and honestly, he has so many songs that he doesn't play, would be nice to here them again. So, i usual don't say this but f off already. The man has confidence issues already without all the jabs from this site. Have a heart. Enjoy your self tonight Morrissey, i know i will.

Have to be amused by the people on here who are so 'worried' about Morrissey's ability to sell tickets. Let's face it, he is more popular as a live act than he was 20 years ago.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom