Santa Ana, CA - WWWY Festival (Apr. 8, 2017) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

There Is A Light That Never Goes Out / Suedehead / Alma Matters / When Last I Spoke To Carol / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / Speedway / Everyday Is Like Sunday / Kiss Me A Lot / Ganglord / The Bullfighter Dies / Shoplifters Of The World Unite / Ouija Board, Ouija Board / First Of The Gang To Die / Jack The Ripper / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / How Soon Is Now? / Let Me Kiss You / You Have Killed Me / Judy Is A Punk

Setlist provvided by an anonymous person.

• Morrissey, AFI, Cage the Elephant thrill fans at When We Were Young fest (2 photos) - The Orange County Register. Link posted by an anonymous person
  • Photo from: @andrewgomezphoto / Instagram. Link posted by an anonymous person.

39860_santa_ana_wwwy.jpg

Last edited:
Why does he never say "Be good to your father" or at least "Be good to your parents"?

[video]

Or, be good to your children, your neighbours, your plants, your whatever. He doesn't have to say, it's all in the songs.
It's just some banter before the last song by way of saying goodbye.
I would not overanalyze it as such.
Cheers! :thumb:

because he is a mama's boy

And?
Meaning what?
Is that good or bad?
Mama's boy, dad's boy, uncle's boy, auntie's boy, at least he was somebody's boy, whatever it means. :o
It is a very suggestive statement to say so don't say you were just merely stating a fact as if you knew or know him privately.
As much as he would like to be on a label, to label him like that is a bit ignorant and disregards his artistic goal and sources.

And?
Meaning what?
Is that good or bad?
Mama's boy, dad's boy, uncle's boy, auntie's boy, at least he was somebody's boy, whatever it means. :o
It is a very suggestive statement to say so don't say you were just merely stating a fact as if you knew or know him privately.
As much as he would like to be on a label, to label him like that is a bit ignorant and disregards his artistic goal and sources.
Can you not dissect everything?

It's just some banter before the last song by way of saying goodbye.
I would not overanalyze it as such.
Cheers! :thumb:

The Smiths, London Palladium, 1986:

While the debate about the group's live aesthetic continued in the foyer after the show, the attendant media were unaware of happenings backstage, where Peter Morrissey made a brief appearance to thank his son for the show. Unfortunately, he could not get past the dressing room door. "He had a bodyguard there, and he stood against me. I said, 'Oh, I'm Morrissey's dad', and he said, 'Wait there!' Then he went in. I was expecting him to say, 'It's OK, go in!' but he said, 'Yes, he'll be out to see you when he's ready.' I was embarrassed. I couldn't believe this. Johnny Marr, Mike Joyce and Andy Rourke came out of the dressing room and the three of them grabbed hold of me and were squeezing me. I know Steven's a bit shy, but he came out and shook my hand as if he'd just met me. I thought, 'I can't believe what's going on here!'"

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom