Santa Barbara, CA - Santa Barbara Bowl (Nov. 5, 2016) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

How Soon Is Now? / Alma Matters / Speedway / Ganglord / Jack The Ripper / Judy Is A Punk / You're The One For Me, Fatty / Ouija Board, Ouija Board / Kiss Me A Lot / Don't Make Fun Of Daddy's Voice / I Will See You In Far-Off Places / The Bullfighter Dies / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / One Of Our Own / Suedehead / The World Is Full Of Crashing Bores / Everyday Is Like Sunday / First Of The Gang To Die // What She Said

setlist provided by setlist.fm.

Last edited:
Setlist according to someone in the TIALTNGO Facebook group:

1. How Soon Is Now
2. Alma Matters
3. Speedway
4. Ganglord
5. Jack The Ripper
6. Judy Is A Punk (Ramones cover)
7. You're The One For Me, Fatty
8. Ouija Board, Ouija Board
9. Kiss Me A Lot
10. Don't Make Fun Of Daddy's Voice
11. I Will See You In Far Off Places
12. The Bullfighter Dies
13. World Peace Is None Of Your Business
14. I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris
15. One Of Our Own
16. Suedehead
17. The World Is Full Of Crashing Bores
18. Everyday Is Like Sunday
19. First Of The Gang To Die
20. What She Said

There will be many fewer complaints about the setlist of this show. Setlistfm has a breakdown of the albums this concert spans: http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/morrissey/2016/santa-barbara-bowl-santa-barbara-ca-2bfa3c96.html . It's 11 albums, and two of the three Smiths songs are considered covers.

That is a career spanning setlist.

Making a setlist is like planning the menu of a dinner party. The host has the freedom to decide what the guests will consume that night. Though it is wise for the host to consider the palates of the guests - or those guests may decline to visit the next time.

That setlist appears to be a lovely meal with something for guests with a common palate and for those who like a little adventure.

Of course he'd play ouija board for a day of the dead celebration. Love daddy's voice though

So was Julia there at the last few shows? She wasn't at any of the shows in Europe this year, and the rumor was that isn't well. Not wanting to start a pro/anti Julia argument, just curious.

So was Julia there at the last few shows? She wasn't at any of the shows in Europe this year, and the rumor was that isn't well. Not wanting to start a pro/anti Julia argument, just curious.
What's wrong with her? Is she ill?

I'm not shocked about Martin Gore, but then I really don't like DM. It is nice for the fans, though...

Here's wishing her well. I hope that she is okay.

My review/thoughts:

Epic show, vibe positive and energetic. I was concerned with his recent return from Australia and the limited recovery time for jet lag; posts from the Bren show indicated low enerygy/vibe. Tonight was just the opposite, I had a feeling (SB Bowl) was going to be special, it turned out to be epic. From the go I could tell he was up for this show; band decked out in face paint for the dia de los muertos celebration and Moz in a suit (usually the sign of a good night to come).

Set-list best in at least 3-4 years, great mix of "career" spanning songs (smiths/solo). Voice spot on, sound perfect, beautiful venue; not so big to feel like a cavernous stale stadium. Just the right size for a good amount of people, but a more intimate feel (sort of), we all know he enjoys the one-off small venues, the SB Bowl would not be considered small, but neither would it be considered huge.

Took several friends with my wife and I, their first time seeing Morrissey, in their words "best concert they have ever been too, amazing and awe struck."

He looks very healthy compared to years past, I am so glad for him. I've seen our man so many times, I've lost count. I remember back in 2012 or so thinking "how much longer can this go on"? I truly believe his transition to veteran "crooner" from awkward 20-30 year old rebel we all see on most MOZ shwag/merhcandise is complete and I quite like it.

He is in his finest singing voice and stage presence yet (when he feels it). I would love to see him hand select some of his personal favorites and record with a backing orchestra like they've done with Elivs (royal phil harmonic orchestra). Imagine "sunday/crashing bores/trouble loves me/heart is full/etc" accompanied by a live orchestra, mind blown. Some on here may not agree, I could care less.

Highlights for me: how soon is now opener, crashing bores, jack the ripper, ouija board, judy is a punk, what she said.

Set list paced perfectly, my rating of last nights show; just about as good as it gets, I couldn't ask for more.

BeeWee

Last edited:
Much better set list than Irvine. He really couldn't treat us to something similar to this?!? Truly disappointed

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom