Santiago - Movistar Arena (Feb. 26, 2012) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in. Beware of anonymous set list trolls!

Set List:

First Of The Gang To Die / You're The One For Me, Fatty / Alma Matters / You Have Killed Me / Ouija Board, Ouija Board / There Is A Light That Never Goes Out / Everyday Is Like Sunday / I Will See You In Far Off Places / Action Is My Middle Name / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / I Know It's Over / Let Me Kiss You / Speedway / People Are The Same Everywhere / Please, Please, Please Let Me Get What I Want / Black Cloud / Meat Is Murder / One Day Goodbye Will Be Farewell / Scandinavia / How Soon Is Now? // Still Ill

set list (scan) provided by count_pipe.

Photo from 192.cl's Facebook page (link from an anonymous person):

santiago.jpg

Last edited:
thanks at somehow still alive for the info about his quips etc...much appreciated.

please, dear fans, continue, for the upcoming concerts the next month to post infos about the
happenings there- like what he does say between songs, stage invaders,lyric changes
audience reaction and other stuff /happenings etc
(oh and a shot of the current tour merchandise (stand) as well ...
and.. an update of the pre show audio tape and the pre show videos.
the intro and exit music,
if you dont know who it is, please describe it or post shots of the video....
list of 2011 pre-vid and tape here to see whats missing or newly added now
http://allyouneedismorrissey.com/topic/4588483/2/

and I wont mind other recordings for the other concerts either;)
thank you very much.

I can do that, but in Spanish... It really boring translate to English ;)

Just return... AMAZING; the SETLIST was:

1- First of the Gang to Die
2- You're the one for me, Fatty
3- Alma Matters
4- You Have Killed me
5- Ouija Board
6- There is a Light that Never Goes Out
7- Everyday is Like Sunday
8- I Will see you in Far-off Places
9- Action is my Middle Name
10- I'm Throwing my Arms around Paris
11- I Know It's Over
12- Let Me Kiss You
13- Speedway
14- Pleople are the Same Everywhere
15- Please, Please, Please Let Me Get What I Want
16- Black Cloud
17- Meat is Murder
18- One Day Good-Bye Will be Farewell
19- Scandinavia
20- How Soon is Now?

ENCORE: Still Ill.

Source: http://postimage.org/image/90e8vfx5v/

Shut up, count pipe.

The band appeared with a T-shirt with the statement "We Hate William and Kate" and a photograph of the marriage.

For a celebrity who enjoys a very privileged life, courtesy of his millions in unearned wealth, to say he hates some other multi-millionaires is pretty ironic. He's not exactly a figurehead of radical politics. Could he be more bland?

Is some merchandising selling in concerts? Like that big posters of Morrissey...

There are different kind of T-shirts: Brown cross with "Morrissey" on it; Red cross with rose and "England" on it (as the one of Glamorous Glue single cover); a young Moz being hair cut in and old-fashioned barber shop.

There are also stickers with the phrase "I only swerve for Morrissey"

A bag with the phrase "shoplifters of the world unite" on it

Different kinds of badges

Also, the technical crew used red T-shirts with Moz face in the front (the one on "Everyday is like Sunday" re-edition cover) and "South-american Tour 2012" on the back.

Don't be a dick.

Gotta agree with Miss Crystal here... Keep things cool and pleasant. Boz is as much a part of this as Morrissey himself! Can you even imagine no Boz up there with Morrissey? We can't!
Good night and Thank you.. The Girl Least Likely To. xox

thanks at somehow still alive for the info about his quips etc...much appreciated.

please, dear fans, continue, for the upcoming concerts the next month to post infos about the
happenings there- like what he does say between songs, stage invaders,lyric changes

thank you very much.

About the pre show audio:
I can't remember all the songs, but some of the songs were:
Vince Taylor - There's a Whole Lotta Twisting Going On
Nico - I'm Not Saying
Brigitte Bardot - Bubble Gum
Fabian - Tiger
Sparks - Never Turn Your Back On Mother Earth
New York Dolls - I Just Looking for a Kiss
and Lipsinka sketch.
Then bells sounds and he appears on stage!

For the end, I think it was "Death" by Klaus Nomi.
Amazing night.

thank you very much.

About intermission music, pre show audio tape included, as I can remember: Siouxie, Patti Smith's "Redondo Beach", Nancy Sinatra´s "Let me kiss you"; Velvet Underground's "I´ll be your mirror" and this re-mix of Suedehead: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a66obZPRUG0

Videos included: "Bubblegum" by Brigitte Bardot; "There's a lotta twistin goin'on" by Vince Taylor; "I'm Not Sayin'" by Nico; a James Baldwin clip; "Tiger" by Fabian; "Never Turn Your Back On Mother Earth" by Sparks, "Looking for a kiss" by New York Dolls and the performance by "Lypsinka". I couldn't identify another video of a 60's female singer in which the girl sings while travelling around a city on the top of a car, and another excerpt of a movie (maybe?) with a very old lady talking.

Kristeen Young looked a bit nervous, and her voice sound quite weak, but the audience approved respectfully.

After Lypsinka, Moz and the band appeared along with the bells toll. As in Viña, he laid on the floor before shouting "Santiago!".
Stage invasion did not happen, and even hand shakes were very difficult because of the wide space between the public and the stage. A Chilean flag was thrown to the stage and Moz picked it up and waved it. People at the front were very packed (Moz ironically sung in "far off places": it is so easy for you to be here together, and is so hard to our flesh to combine"). When he threw the shirt there was an avalanche, to the point that Boz came closer, worried, to see if anyone was hurt.

In MIM, as in Viña, Moz turned his back to watch the images, and this time Boz also squat down, with hands on his head, in a reflexive attitude.

The band was great. In Far off places Gustavo does a very good work with the keyboards and the accordion.

Other lyrics changes: Speedway: "There's nothing left to break (except my heart)"
Alma matters "It's my life, to destroy, my own way"
The other ones were similar to those in Viña, as I can recall.

troll

oh celibate cry, just die.
you stupid dutch fecker, you're as f***ed as a lepper.
you can't learn to spell, so go straight to hell.
virgin man can't come to rio, f*** off theo.

Last edited by a moderator:
To keep it simple (as Morrissey himself does), he didn't earn his millions on the backs of taxpayers with no say in the matter.
He thinks the Queen is enough and that every other royal figure is an unnecessary financial burden.

For a celebrity who enjoys a very privileged life, courtesy of his millions in unearned wealth, to say he hates some other multi-millionaires is pretty ironic. He's not exactly a figurehead of radical politics. Could he be more bland?

what songs would that you like to listen?? i mean it´s very easy to mock the tracklist. what would you like to listen on the gigs. i like "Wondeful Woman" but i think they won´t play in this tour

Animal rights is actually quite radical politics/activism.

and, I'm just going to quote someone else here "he didn't earn his millions on the backs of taxpayers with no say in the matter".

They wore Chile T-shirts, the ones about the royal wedding were for the encore only...

PS: It was amazing :D

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom