Schadenfreude re Billy Bragg

DreamingofStew

I just want to share (with any appreciative forum members out there) my schadenfreude at seeing the insufferable Billy Bragg getting roasted on Twitter by feminists :

The Elbow guy has waded in!

Will Indie record shops ban Elbow for their transphobia? Will Indie record shops ban Billy Bragg for his sexism?

Will the press harp on about Their Terrible Opinions in every album review & feature?

elbow.JPG

It's really kicking off on UK celebrity Twitter over women's sex-based rights. They're making lists!

20200319_213918.jpg

And even though they lost Labour the election, Billy Bragg seems to have thrown himself in with the Norvara-Guardianista faux-hard left.

It's war!

(I'm Switzerland, apart from knowing that it's unworkable to pretend that human biology doesn't exist).

Jonathan Ross no longer admires Billy Bragg - & also is cancelled for being a transphobe.
One of Morrissey's mates back in the day - I wonder if they are still friends, and if Moz will wade in as well? He's already cancelled, so what does he have to lose?

One of Morrissey's mates back in the day - I wonder if they are still friends, and if Moz will wade in as well? He's already cancelled, so what does he have to lose?

I don't think Jonathan has said anything for or against Moz since Moz was disgraced, so they could be friends or estranged.

I would be interested in Moz's opinion on this - because he has a strong inclination towards transgenderism, but he loves Germaine Greer, who has been denounced as a transphobe.

I think he might be devastated if he was banned from drag shows though, so I reckon he'll only wade in when he knows his favourite drag queens won't hate him for it.

Back
Top Bottom