Seattle, WA - Paramount Theatre (Nov. 2, 2017) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

You'll Be Gone / Alma Matters / I Wish You Lonely / I Started Something I Couldn't Finish / Spent The Day In Bed / Speedway / When You Open Your Legs / Home Is A Question Mark / Istanbul / When Last I Spoke To Carol / How Soon Is Now? / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / The Bullfighter Dies / Jack The Ripper / Back On The Chain Gang / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / My Love, I'd Do Anything For You / Ganglord / Meat Is Murder / Everyday Is Like Sunday // Suedehead / Shoplifters Of The World Unite

Setlist provided by setlist.fm, corrections from an anonymous person (order not 100%)

Last edited:
Well then it's a crying shame that he's reduced the lyrics to Meat Is Murder For Dummies.
I don't mind that he chooses to simplify his modern lyrics, but when he takes good lines from old songs and replaces them with garbage like "eat kill eat kill murder" or "tell me quando, quando, quando?" He reduces the impact of the songs. I'm not talking about silly changes that pop up occasionally, like "Grabbed you by the Heinz baked beans" because that's just funny, but permanent changes that take away from the song itself and make it cheaper and more lightweight somehow.

Tell me quando, quando, quando, garbage? :squiffy: :swear
You're just jealous! Did he ever sing "g23"? No! ;)

By the way, that lyrical change in Everyday Is Like Sunday is him asking that question not only to his audience but also to himself and if you think it is only silly and garbage you missed the tragic aspect.
Somebody should ask him if he got an answer yet.
For me it is quintessential Moz.
Funny but tragic too.

Tell me quando, quando, quando, garbage? :squiffy: :swear
You're just jealous! Did he ever sing "g23"? No! ;)

By the way, that lyrical change in Everyday Is Like Sunday is him asking that question not only to his audience but also to himself and if you think it is only silly and garbage you missed the tragic aspect.
Somebody should ask him if he got an answer yet.
For me it is quintessential Moz.
Funny but tragic too.
I got the tragic aspect. I was just attached to the former much more poetic version.
And no, he didn't ever sing g23, but certain people I know did. :lbf:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Merch table for those planning their purchases at upcoming shows. I do believe the blue thing is a slip mat for those who were asking <a href="https://t.co/7uHb9nancE">pic.twitter.com/7uHb9nancE</a></p>&mdash; Ringleaderofnothing (@mischievousnose) <a href="">November 3, 2017</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Thanks! I like the LIHS Tee with bull. And will he be singing TLM?!? That would make me very happy:D

I got the tragic aspect. I was just attached to the former much more poetic version.

I can have both.
The former much more poetic version still exists and the line doesn't spoil the song for me.
But I understand what you mean as I have that feeling towards the changing of the song Speedway. Not the lyrics itself but I can't get used to how it is now live.

Although there is a lot of variety in his set list now, I wouldn't mind if "Certain People I Know" makes a re-entry as it is a great song and the rockabilly sound adds some liveliness to the live experience.

I reckon the certain people you know who sang your name were kind and appreciative and you were pleased. :thumb:

Last edited:
Chain Gang:

STDIB:

Regards,
FWD.

I don't mind it. It caused some of the 6-footers in front of me to leave, so I could finally have a good view of the stage!
You don't want to get behind me at a show - I'm 6'4" and generally have about 6 drinks in me. :)

Must have been a thrilling performance. The site almost crashed at one point.
Still no shitlist ?

I'm beginning to smell cancellations already :rolleyes:.

Benny-the-British-Butcher :greatbritain::knife:

I agree with ya g23.

The line change from Suedehead is awful - "You had to sneak into my room just to see the utter gloom."

And one of the worst examples was from Little Man What Now many moons ago:

From the poetic:

A star at 18
And then - suddenly gone
Down to a few lines
In the back page of a faded annual

to the uinspired:

A star at 18
And then - suddenly gone
Back to the mean, melancholy streets
That you came from

don't know. I'd say $800 front row is pretty fair to see a living legend.

I have had front row about 20 times. It's not really worth it for me at this point. On the flip side, I've had front row so many times it's kind of a disappointment to not have it. Not $800 worth of disappointment.. but still a disappointment.

All you c***s love to complain.

Oh he’s gonna cancel
Oh we don’t like the lyric changes
Oh the set list is too short
Oh the set list is too long
Oh meat is murder is too gruesome

Please, for the sake of everyone. Stop coming to gigs. You aren’t welcome and people hate you. Entitled f***s. If you want the record. Listen to the record. If not, shut the f*** up and let everyone else enjoy something without you shitting all over it talking about the “glory days”

It's nothing to do with the set list, its resale sites dropping their prices as the date approaches.

I paid 1,1000 dlls for my third rock tickets and feel like an idiot, first row now is 600 dlls

Must have been a thrilling performance. The site almost crashed at one point.
Still no shitlist ?

I'm beginning to smell cancellations already :rolleyes:.

Benny-the-British-Butcher :greatbritain::knife:

Steven has prevented the setlist from being published to guarded again falling ticket sales. The aftermarket price has hit rock bottom.

I stated it before that the tour will come to a crashing halt before he leaves California.

I was right next to the woman who yelled this. "And who are you?"
"Do you really not know? Did you happen to read anything on your way in tonight?"
"THANK YOU FOR TALKING TO ME!"
The folks around us cheered when she said that.

Also, it may have been coincidence, it may have been the excruciating videos, but a guy behind me straight-up passed out during "Meat is Murder"; he hit the ground hard, and knocked over a woman standing behind him in the process. He got up straightaway and claimed to be fine, but someone he was with suggested that perhaps they should get some fresh air, and they did.

I'll admit I Googled "how to be come a vegetarian" after the show last night, so maybe the videos serve a purpose.

Also, "My Love, I'd Do Anything For You" was great.

All you c***s love to complain.

Oh he’s gonna cancel
Oh we don’t like the lyric changes
Oh the set list is too short
Oh the set list is too long
Oh meat is murder is too gruesome

Please, for the sake of everyone. Stop coming to gigs. You aren’t welcome and people hate you. Entitled f***s. If you want the record. Listen to the record. If not, shut the f*** up and let everyone else enjoy something without you shitting all over it talking about the “glory days”

Is this a complaint?

Well then it's a crying shame that he's reduced the lyrics to Meat Is Murder For Dummies.
I don't mind that he chooses to simplify his modern lyrics, but when he takes good lines from old songs and replaces them with garbage like "eat kill eat kill murder" or "tell me quando, quando, quando?" He reduces the impact of the songs. I'm not talking about silly changes that pop up occasionally, like "Grabbed you by the Heinz baked beans" because that's just funny, but permanent changes that take away from the song itself and make it cheaper and more lightweight somehow.
i find it even more heavyweight this way. the monosyllabic eat kill eat kill, for me at least, reflects the industrialized noise of the assembly belt that, like a neverending clock mechanism, is killing life at one second intervals in order to maximize the output. the lyrics support the song:s message even more dramatically namely the contrast between the beautiful, trusting life shred into pieces in and by an atrocious machinery plus the insatiable, dumb and infantile people crying "eat eat" and bestowing the food-providing momma surrogate with filial trust and love that will never be unsettled. the impact of the song is increased.

I also liked his lyric change/adition in Berlin last month:
money money death death murder
animals fight to stay alive
they would do anything just to stay alive
money!

Is this a complaint?

Pretty sure it was! What a complaining little tyke he is!

Damn it! Now I'm complaining that he's complaining! Did I just complain about myself complaining about someone complaining!!??

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom