Seattle, WA - Paramount Theatre (Nov. 2, 2017) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

You'll Be Gone / Alma Matters / I Wish You Lonely / I Started Something I Couldn't Finish / Spent The Day In Bed / Speedway / When You Open Your Legs / Home Is A Question Mark / Istanbul / When Last I Spoke To Carol / How Soon Is Now? / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / The Bullfighter Dies / Jack The Ripper / Back On The Chain Gang / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / My Love, I'd Do Anything For You / Ganglord / Meat Is Murder / Everyday Is Like Sunday // Suedehead / Shoplifters Of The World Unite

Setlist provided by setlist.fm, corrections from an anonymous person (order not 100%)

Last edited:
BbFa5pklvs9

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

You'll Be Gone / Alma Matters / I Wish You Lonely / I Started Something I Couldn't Finish / Spent The Day In Bed / Speedway / When You Open Your Legs / Home Is A Question Mark / Istanbul / When Last I Spoke To Carol / How Soon Is Now? / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / The Bullfighter Dies / Jack The Ripper / Back On The Chain Gang / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / My Love, I'd Do Anything For You / Ganglord / Meat Is Murder / Everyday Is Like Sunday // Suedehead / Shoplifters Of The World Unite

Setlist provided setlist.fm, corrections from an anonymous person (order not 100%)

I disagree with some of the things in the Seattle Times review. I didn't think Moz was "catty." I thought he was in high spirits and funny. The comment about the audience being "lusty" was in response to the general enthusiasm/adoration in the room. I saw the Benaroya show a couple years ago and I thought this was one was much better, in part because of the energy of the audience.

oh my gosh, he wore the best selection of blazers and everything and i bet he did it just for me and i wasnt even there!! forgive me mozzer!! i hope one day to see you in your glorious glittering jacket, baby cakes!

That reporter sounds like he/she decided what they were going to write before they even went to the show. I thought Moz was in a great mood and quite charming. Re NY he said, as the earlier commenter suggested, that to call him an animal was a mistake because only humans commit such atrocities. His comments about Seattle were that he was there in 85 when he was just a skinny little slip of a thing....as he is now *laughs*. That Seattle was all bookstores and records shops. And this is all there really is to life. You might think there is more, but there's not.
His Pretenders cover is wonderful and the new song My love, I'd do anything for you rocked and was quite catchy. My only complaint about the show is I wish the lead guitarist would think about using something like a Jag because his Fender can sound a little metal!

oh my gosh, he wore the best selection of blazers and everything and i bet he did it just for me and i wasnt even there!! forgive me mozzer!! i hope one day to see you in your glorious glittering jacket, baby cakes!

Oh!! How could you fail him?

Oh!! How could you fail him?
i know!! im really regretting it! what was i thinking?!?! you dont just shrug off going to see morrissey!

well you know what i think it was that put a snag in my usual ardency? it was that, in my excitement at the idea of morrissey coming to seattle (and i really was it excited about it at first--or, at least, more excited than i usually am capable of being), i had told grocery moz about it. to which grocery moz replied with-- what i never thought would happen (otherwise i would've kept the info to myself)-- that he wanted to go too. now grocery moz is just a dilettante where morrissey is concerned. i mean, he's pretty familiar with the smiths--moreso than i am i suppose, so that whenever the topic of the smiths came up i would have to be on my toes to avoid exposing the fact that i dont always know which song belongs on which album--but i dont really think he's that interested in morrissey solo, and certainly not recent morrissey, eliciting, as it did, a half-groan from him when the possibility of new songs on the set list came up. you see, grocery moz has very cliche high school notions of what is cool, and doesnt care to deviate from these cliche high school notions of what is cool--it's what finally made me stop liking him and start thinking "this guy is such a tool". he's the type that knows the cost of everything and the value of nothing (he doesnt even like klaus nomi!!!!! :O). but anyway, i think it was the idea of grocery moz being in on the whole thing that kind of ruined it for me, temporarily diluting the intensity of my love for morrissey. my love for morrissey suddenly wasnt my own private thing anymore, but had moved from inside me to outside where the point of it became about 'coolness', rather than the deeper personal affinity i feel for morrissey (this is what i mean when i say that talking to people about things i care about always ends in me feeling cheap). if i had just kept the whole thing to myself i would have probably still gone. well, in the end neither of us ended up going (at least i dont think grocery moz went--he might've, i dont know. i dont talk to him anymore).

well, hopefully i'll have another chance to see him again. morrissey, i mean. not grocery moz.

Last edited:
So is it a coincidence that Back On The Chain Gang was recorded and released in 1982, the same year the Smiths were founded? I don't think so, especially when you consider the lyrics.

I found a picture of you, oh oh oh oh What hijacked my world that night
To a place in the past
We've been cast out of? Oh oh oh oh Now we're back in the fight
We're back on the train
Oh, back on the chain gang

A circumstance beyond our control, oh oh oh oh
The phone, the TV and the news of the world
Got in the house like a pigeon from hell, oh oh oh oh
Threw sand in our eyes and descended like flies
Put us back on the train

The powers that be
That force us to live like we do
Bring me to my knees
When I see what they've done to you But I'll die as I stand here today Knowing that deep in my heart
They'll fall to ruin one day
For making us part

I found a picture of you, oh oh oh oh Those were the happiest days of my life Like a break in the battle was your part, oh oh oh oh
In the wretched life of a lonely heart Now we're back on the train

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom