Have you ever done this?

My number #1's are:
'You're So Vain' by Carly Simon in the US
'Long Haired Lover From Liverpool' by Little Jimmy Osmond in the UK

Have you ever done this?

My number #1's are:
'You're So Vain' by Carly Simon in the US
'Long Haired Lover From Liverpool' by Little Jimmy Osmond in the UK

no but it sounds pretty awesome so im gonna look now and see. i love time hop stuff.

seems to be Magic by Olivia Newton-John in the u.s and in the uk it seems to be olivia again with xanadu. i was born july 31 1980. bummer as one month later would have been ashes to ashes. i was born the year john and darby both died

Oh, yuck!:

I decided to check UK charts and found the number one there was "The Only Way Is Up" by Yazz, who I'm pretty sure never made it across the Atlantic... Still not great, but it sure beats the first song, which can only be described as production music for an early 90's Folger's ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
UK: 21 May 1972 T Rex Metal Guru 4 weeks4th & last No 1
US: The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face Roberta Flack
And in my country: Die Windows: How Do You Do? 8 Wochen (27. März – 21. Mai) no idea...

But it seems Moz would loved these to some extent...

UK: 21 May 1972 T Rex Metal Guru 4 weeks4th & last No 1
US: The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face Roberta Flack
And in my country: Die Windows: How Do You Do? 8 Wochen (27. März – 21. Mai) no idea...

But it seems Moz would loved these to some extent...

Who doesn't love trex though. Futuristic dragon is one of my favorite albums

Getting way off topic...

As hated as they were by critics, I think the three albums between Tanx and and Dandy in the Underworld are all really good. It's only this year that I've started listening to any of them in depth, having left them alone specifically because of the bad raps they've gotten, but I've been enjoying the hell out of them since finally doing so.

Gloria Jones' vocal histrionics take those albums to whole new level of entertaining weirdness.

Getting way off topic...

As hated as they were by critics, I think the three albums between Tanx and and Dandy in the Underworld are all really good. It's only this year that I've started listening to any of them in depth, having left them alone specifically because of the bad raps they've gotten, but I've been enjoying the hell out of them since finally doing so.

Gloria Jones' vocal histrionics take those albums to whole new level of entertaining weirdness.

neat im a huge fan of trex in general. huge and i love those albums (tanx zip and bolan) but they dont do it for me in the way that his other stuff does. same with beard/unicorn and those before it but again i love them all. sometimes i think its the recording or engineering of the albums as to me they started to sound loose and a little rougher in production terms and though i didnt mind the stylistic changes in songwriting, i mean i understand why he had to do something different i still wasnt exactly the happiest about it but i was very pleased when he hit and released futuristic dragon. i felt he returned to both the old sound and his old production standards. i also understand why some might see the album with a bit of a dimmed view since it felt so familiar perhaps but i think the quality of the songwriting was top notch and played to his strengths and it felt like magic all over. chrome sitar all alone and my little baby are amazing to me and calling all destroyers is a rock guitarists dream. i almost didnt listen to it because of my attitude to the previous three albums but i saw it for like two bucks and bought it on a whim (never thought id buy an album with a dragon on the cover lol). one of the best things i ever did as i feel its a standout of the post slider albums and if you want to hear that sound again. dandy in the underground i like a lot as well though its a big stylistic change of course but one i was ,more interested in and feel it really closes his catalog well in a somber sense. if you havnt dived into futuristic dragon yet and love his classic period and sound then give that one a serious listen and chance though if youre a fan i dont think youll be able to resist. i couldnt.

sorry indeed if this is a derailment but i love music and do silly things in its name and cause

Back
Top Bottom