Morrissey Central & SER YT: "You Don't Need Their Approval" - Morrissey 'Lost Demo' (October 31, 2021)

Here is new demo from Moz :D

Description:

lyrics Morrissey / music Jesse Tobias

Smile and wave and always be friendly
but you don't need their approval
for anything you want to sing about

Smile and wave and always be gentle

"but there are things that must be said
should I stay in bed and wait for someone else to say them instead?"
OH NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO!

oh you don't need their approval
for anything you wanna sing about

Smile and wave and always be cordial

"but there are things that must be said
should I stay in bed and wait for someone else to say them instead?"
OH NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO!

for anything you wanna sing about

for anything you wanna SAY.

unnamed-3.png

Last edited by a moderator:
who are these ‘pigs’ ? If Moz squeezes us, do we not squeal in joy?

How’s that?

fair enough, we’re all entitled to having different opinions.

Oh yeah, Alain his Whyte knight
with a shiny Fender, to the rescue! Lol.
It's hard to argue with you. You see just positive things coming from Morrissey and you will have your arguments if I should have the power to the debate. The 3 songs are just working demos, showing Moz improving through some rough musical sketches. What for? What he needs are memorable songs and a better reputation, if he still thinks, he can return into the worldwide spotlight again.

Blimey !!!
I really feel sorry for Diesel these days. It must be horrible being around Steven theses days.

Hope everyone is well.

Benny 🇬🇧🔪

Just listening to this...the start - 1st 6 secs - straight away, made me think of Happy Talk (Captain Sensible)...then it carries on throughout the track. Reckon this is something Moz & the band did totally ad-lib just to fill time while someone was fetching the coffees...

Reckon?

It's hard to argue with you.
No need to argue. See my post to bun bun above.
You see just positive things coming from Morrissey and you will have your arguments if I should have the power to the debate.

The 3 songs are just working demos, showing Moz improving through some rough musical sketches. What for?

After recording, I don’t think he intended them to be released. Why is he allowing them to be heard now? Well, like yours, there can be various opinions, without ever actually knowing why he chose to release them on YouTube.

What he needs are memorable songs and a better reputation, if he still thinks, he can return into the worldwide spotlight again.

But who makes up this ‘worldwide spotlight’ ? And do they really need or want Morrissey in any form?

And if the form they want him in is
polite and muzzled, then I think Morrissey may eventually say to hell with that! and throw the towel in.

And I wouldn’t blame him for doing so.

He wanted to be pinned on everyone's bedroom door (poster-wise). He still wants it but with people accepting his views (see new track). That won't work. Let me hear something new, good and finished, not the unused ideas.

Wow, it's just mad, zany, addictive, it's so catchy!:thumb:
Love it, but then again, Moz don't need my approval...:cool:

He wanted to be pinned on everyone's bedroom door (poster-wise). He still wants it but with people accepting his views (see new track).

Strange. I don’t see any enforcement or demand put upon his fans by him to accept what he sings about.

That won't work. Let me hear something new, good and finished, not the unused ideas.

Patience my dear. But until then, let’s all enjoy (or don’t) these demos that otherwise would never have been heard.

I would comment on the idea that these are somehow 'rough' in some Smiths demo, C60, handheld mic sort of sense.
Some parts of these tracks are using effects and sounds that aren't band members playing - i.e. digital.
1 of the 3 is cited to be from the studio by the person doing the 'final mix'.
A demo isn't an everyone sat around a tape recorder affair anymore.
All these tracks would have been recorded through mics and digital inputs (probably even more so during Covid).
For them to then turn up on YT with blown out volume, clipping and distortion is a total shame (a uniform trait throughout all 3 = all processed to be like that before sharing = not present at time of recording IMHO).
One of the overriding comments in the last few years has been the strength of his voice and adding gurgle/overly loud artefacts to those tracks is detracting from said.
Glad that approach wasn't taken with BDE.
Regards,
FWD.

Strange. I don’t see any enforcement or demand put upon his fans by him to accept what he sings about.

Patience my dear. But until then, let’s all enjoy (or don’t) these demos that otherwise would never have been heard.
There’s a reason they were in the bin. They’re complete and utter rubbish, both musically and lyrically. …and his scraping, pitchy delivery is unbearable.

I would comment on the idea that these are somehow 'rough' in some Smiths demo, C60, handheld mic sort of sense.
Some parts of these tracks are using effects and sounds that aren't band members playing - i.e. digital.
All these tracks would have been recorded through mics and digital inputs (probably even more so during Covid).
For them to then turn up on YT with blown out volume, clipping and distortion is a total shame (a uniform trait throughout all 3 = all processed to be like that before sharing = not present at time of recording IMHO).

Yes the distortion seems intentional, a kind of watermarking and/or dissuading someone from profiting off them.

It’s nice to hear anyway.

Appetizers before the Bonfire.

One of the overriding comments in the last few years has been the strength of his voice and adding gurgle/overly loud artefacts to those tracks is detracting from said.
Regards,
FWD.

What strikes me the most is that he even considered to work with this musical idea (if there is any inside this sound collage) and even tried to put lyrics on it. In the past -during the whole Smiths time and for a good amount of his solo career (especially the EMI years)- there were not many left over tracks that didn´t get a release. There was in fact a great quality control over what was released and what was binned for ever. And I really don´t want to talk about the lack of interesting art-work here. To get this out -and even as a free gift for the fans- isn´t helping him in my opinion especially not to gain interest from any record company. What should they think about this? Is this the best he can come up with today? It should have remained where it was, for me only Once Upon A Woman´s Body is "something" that could have the potential for a proper release.

There’s a reason they were in the bin. They’re complete and utter rubbish, both musically and lyrically. …and his scraping, pitchy delivery is unbearable.
Oh, come on. Saturday is at least as good as half the stuff he's put out in the last decade.

This kinda reminds me of bein' at a carnival or
listenin' to a musical.
Love hearin' Moz on some different kind of music
like this.
Thanks again Sam E. :tiphat:

Regards,
FWD.

These kinda remind me of gettin' a tape dub from back
in the day.

Best of the three. Silly and bubbly. I love that the lyrics are defiant but the music is so carefree, as if what he's singing about matters but it's not worth stressing about too much.

Dog on a chain was released just last year, and if I am not wrong, most of you liked it. So, I don't see why you judge the man artistically dead. Stop being so... (put here any negative word you like). This is just lost material, things they worked on and left there, that's all.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom