Morrissey Central & SER YT: "You Don't Need Their Approval" - Morrissey 'Lost Demo' (October 31, 2021)

Here is new demo from Moz :D

Description:

lyrics Morrissey / music Jesse Tobias

Smile and wave and always be friendly
but you don't need their approval
for anything you want to sing about

Smile and wave and always be gentle

"but there are things that must be said
should I stay in bed and wait for someone else to say them instead?"
OH NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO!

oh you don't need their approval
for anything you wanna sing about

Smile and wave and always be cordial

"but there are things that must be said
should I stay in bed and wait for someone else to say them instead?"
OH NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO!

for anything you wanna sing about

for anything you wanna SAY.

unnamed-3.png

Last edited by a moderator:
After several dozen listenings, I have to say that this is the worst of the three demos given to us. The worst in terms of music, lyrics and sound quality. But ... it's still better than Thelma Houston's vocals on Bobby ... :swear a ha oh yeah ooooooohhhhhhh you can't hide it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Bobbyyyyyy ...

I don't really get the hate... no one is being forced to listen. Obviously, there's a reason these weren't finished/released. So people that think they are so brilliant by pointing out how they are low quality, subpar, etc... guess what, Morrissey already figured that out.
This website is 95% hatred.

Please, praise every half-baked distorted demo, the man offers us. Otherwise you are full of hate. There is no inbetween, for sone of the hartliners, who follow their leader blindely like sheeps. Morrissey is relevant and everything he says is right. Flatearthers of this page, unite and jump over the edge.

Please, praise every half-baked distorted demo, the man offers us. Otherwise you are full of hate. There is no inbetween, for sone of the hartliners, who follow their leader blindely like sheeps. Morrissey is relevant and everything he says is right. Flatearthers of this page, unite and jump over the edge.

God forbid that anyone should be genuinely grateful for something that is given away for free and that nobody is forced to listen to...

Wow that 'demo' is drivel. Just feels like almost zero effort went in to the music, the lyrics, and the vocals.

My apologies, I meant to say that this track was so overwhelmingly poor that my head played a mix of the best of Alsatian Cousin and Stretch Out and Wait to me as compensation.

Yeah it’s strange how most need to compare to his earlier work.
Think there may be some pleasure in judging an artist ( an idea father figure?) now that we don’t need him in the same way as we once did.

Wow that 'demo' is drivel. I'd do better myself drunk and falling down the stairs in the dark while vomiting.

that actually describes some of my favorite music ! :rock::cool:

They now give away YouTube versions of album tracks - no sound is blown out or distorted.
I'm not sure why people are excusing the overall sound quality and relating it to the term 'demo' - they clearly were not recorded like that. Digital elements aren't played in to a tape recorder - these are early takes (or close to final mix in one case if you believe YT comments) and are done via a desk - the potato quality came afterwards.
Had the wealth of material shared in the NHS been presented at that level, nobody would have been that bothered with it for the last many years.
FWD.

They now give away YouTube versions of album tracks - no sound is blown out or distorted.
I'm not sure why people are excusing the overall sound quality and relating it to the term 'demo' - they clearly were not recorded like that. Digital elements aren't played in to a tape recorder - these are early takes (or close to final mix in one case if you believe YT comments) and are done via a desk - the potato quality came afterwards.
Had the wealth of material shared in the NHS been presented at that level, nobody would have been that bothered with it for the last many years.
FWD.
Which Albums Tracks ? Bonfire Or Cleaner Version Of " Lost Demos " ?

Yeah it’s strange how most need to compare to his earlier work.
Think there may be some pleasure in judging an artist ( an idea father figure?) now that we don’t need him in the same way as we once did.
It's human nature to compare to previous. But if you compare this latest 'demo' to demos from The Cure (for example as seen on their deluxe version of Disintegration) you quickly see that Moz's demo isn't a demo. It's a badly formed half baked idea he came up with while emptying the bins. It should have been forgotten by the time he got back inside the house. He should have fired whicever 'musician' gave him the music/random notes.

Back
Top Bottom