Morrissey Central "SETTING SUNS BEFORE THEY FALL ECHO TO YOU ‘THAT’S ALL, THAT’S ALL’…"

unnamed-1_nxhhnc.jpg

24th January (this Friday) is the official release date for IT'S OVER / IT HAPPENS EVERY TIME 7-inch disc. Available at HMV, Rough Trade, Amazon online.

https://www.morrisseycentral.com/messagesfrommorrissey/setting-suns

Original Bowie image:
bowie-keaton1.jpg

Central reminding us the single that was available in December will be released on Friday. I'm sure the Bowie 'autograph' will provide some discussion too.

Regards,
FWD.

Related item:

I could name a billion things more repugnant.

Stop being ludicrous.

More repugnant that photoshatting product into pics of dead people for promotional purposes?

Is there anything more repugnant than that?

Apart from digging the dead famous people up and dressing them with some Morrissey product and then taking a photograph. Obviously that's a tad worse. Morrissey Central are just one step away from that.

Tbf in the original picture Bowie was promoting his acting career by using a picture of Buster Keaton, who was dead.

What leads you to believe that this is true? Did you spend a second to try and uncover the truth about this original picture? This might help:

Veteran photographer Steve Schapiro reveals the tale behind one of his most extraordinary images of David Bowie imitating his hero Buster Keaton

https://www.anothermag.com/art-photography/8840/david-bowie-and-buster-keaton-by-steve-schapiro

I wouldn't really describe myself as a fan of David Bowie, or his music for that matter, but I do find this photo to be authentically touching. An homage to a truly talented performer that he appreciated.

This compared to the sad use of David's photo to schlock a single that can only be seen as self-promoting. An affront to the memory of the man that at least at one point Moz purportedly idolized.

Many posters here spend an equal amount of effort and energy denigrating those with negative opinions about Morrissey as they do white washing all of the BS he and his needy nephew propagate. Please try and be open-minded enough to see this when commenting on those with dissenting views even if you oppose the manner in which they are given.

I’m starting a new gang on here, it’s called MDL.... MORRISSEY DEFENCE LEAGUE.... it’s invertation only, so it keeps the paupers and peasants away. We would defend morrissey for his music, tours, chat, ECT.... moz lovers only.... no dogs escaped from its chain or cabbage collectors ..... why go to all that bother with a canbbage... especially with that pail white skin .. eeerrrr

Good idea Baz - skinny's apparently doing the same kinda thing - he's calling it SSS - Skinny Sad Shits
Current members are: skinny (uncle version), skinny (benny version), skinny (surface version), & skinny (anon versions). :lbf:

What leads you to believe that this is true? Did you spend a second to try and uncover the truth about this original picture? This might help:

Veteran photographer Steve Schapiro reveals the tale behind one of his most extraordinary images of David Bowie imitating his hero Buster Keaton

https://www.anothermag.com/art-photography/8840/david-bowie-and-buster-keaton-by-steve-schapiro

I wouldn't really describe myself as a fan of David Bowie, or his music for that matter, but I do find this photo to be authentically touching. An homage to a truly talented performer that he appreciated.

This compared to the sad use of David's photo to schlock a single that can only be seen as self-promoting. An affront to the memory of the man that at least at one point Moz purportedly idolized.

Many posters here spend an equal amount of effort and energy denigrating those with negative opinions about Morrissey as they do white washing all of the BS he and his needy nephew propagate. Please try and be open-minded enough to see this when commenting on those with dissenting views even if you oppose the manner in which they are given.

:rolleyes:

Barnaby this psycho babble fails.:(

Many posters 'spend an equal amount of time'... equal amount of time to what Barnaby? You make no sense.
You want decent peeps to be open minded towards hate trolls that make no sense? WTF? :drama:
Didnt you make that centipede that said that you hate everybody Barnaby? Are you aware of what you posted? Biscuits at the old folk home?doh:

The whole thing is meant as a tongue in cheek v-sign pointed towards comments on Twitter and this site. If you’re getting angry about it, you’re the butt of the joke. As Wilde once quipped, ‘the only thing worse than being talked about is not being talked about’ and that’s probably the MO of the Moz camp right now - and they’re not getting angry, they’re laughing.

Tbf in the original picture Bowie was promoting his acting career by using a picture of Buster Keaton, who was dead.
Yes, but he wasn't make-believing Keaton's endorsement of Station to Station.

I wasn't being mean. But there's only one reason stars get their photos taken & only one reason why they homage other stars. Promotion.

Bowie was lucky, he enjoyed being a model & was good at it, it's tougher if you hate it.

I wasn't being mean. But there's only one reason stars get their photos taken & only one reason why they homage other stars. Promotion.

Bowie was lucky, he enjoyed being a model & was good at it, it's tougher if you hate it.

I'm not trying to be argumentative, but I find the idea that all roads lead to promotion a bit too jaded for me. I have read that this is your occupation so I can see how you would view things through this prism, but I believe most great art comes from a pureness of heart and mind.
What is done with the resulting product is of infinitely less interest as to how it makes me feel.

Hey Baz I think that's a great idea...I'd like to join;

What qualifications do I need? ...would I need to unlearn how to spell the English language correctly to fit in?? Poor spelling seems to be a recurring theme on all of your posts, so just wondering if this was a membership requirement? Cheers for now.
Poor spelling.... my Achilles heel.... I’m afraid... you see it’s down to the education system of the seventies Tory cuts you know the score.... new members must sit in front of a selection committee for a formal interview, you will be informed of their decision in good time... requirements are, firstly no peasants or paupers, secondly you will make a pledge to morrissey and the selection committee not to play silly buggers on the new site....

Good idea Baz - skinny's apparently doing the same kinda thing - he's calling it SSS - Skinny Sad Shits
Current members are: skinny (uncle version), skinny (benny version), skinny (surface version), & skinny (anon versions). :lbf:

Yep I got an invertation but deklined.

Poor spelling.... my Achilles heel.... I’m afraid... you see it’s down to the education system of the seventies Tory cuts you know the score.... new members must sit in front of a selection committee for a formal interview, you will be informed of their decision in good time... requirements are, firstly no peasants or paupers, secondly you will make a pledge to morrissey and the selection committee not to play silly buggers on the new site....

Sounds good Baz,,I'm working on my spelling in the menatmie.

I'm up for it Baz, set things up m8:thumb:

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom