Sexism (and what not)

nightandday

http://forums.morrissey-solo.com/showpost.php?p=464399&postcount=54

make another thread if you want to talk about sexism and what not
I'm doing as I'm told!

So, to get things going:

Well, if men were sexy, advertisers would use them. They don't because it doesn't work. A beautiful women stops traffic, something no man can ever achieve. The female form is spectacular. If men are used in advertising they are famous, because thats what excites women, fame/money/power.

A straight man of 47 with Moz's power would have slept with thousands of women by now, you know it and I know it.

This was really impressive. So many sexist cliches in just 2 posts. Let's see what we've learned:

1) Men aren't sexy.

2) Women are only excited by fame/money/power.

3) Straight men are only after sex, sex, sex with as many women as possible. If a man isn't shagging as many women he can, he must be gay.

Question: who should be more offended, women or men?

I think some people need to quit being babies...

Thank you as this thread being created or thank you as in people need to quit crying about this?

Thank you as this thread being created or thank you as in people need to quit crying about this?
well, both, mostly the first, but both because there is no need to be a cry baby about anything, right? everyone has to deal with the complicated things in life sometime, and there is no such thing as right or wrong

Amen! Since when has people decided to cry about everything someone says? It's silly.

Is this thread really necessary? I think moving the conversation out of one thread to another is kind of pointless because no one is going to discuss the now official topic here. Anyway I think women should feel more offended because when people say all men want is sex, sex, sex it isn't usually meant to offend, but many of the female stereotypes are meant to be offensive.

I am against :p
Well, too bad I didn't think of creating a poll! Too late now... It would have been something like this:

Sexism - yes or no?

- oh, yes, I think it's great!
- it's OK, I don't see why would anyone have anything against it?
- I am against it because I want to be politically correct!
- I am against it because I think it's absurd and offensive
- errr... is this something to do with sex?

Now that would be an interesting poll...

yes just silly, there must always be something wrong with everything...but why not just talk about it or simply forget

Well, too bad I didn't think of creating a poll! Too late now... It would have been something like this:

Sexism - yes or no?

- oh, yes, I think it's great!
- it's OK, I don't see why would anyone have anything against it?
- I am against it because I want to be politically correct!
- I am against it because I think it's absurd and offensive
- errr... is this something to do with sex?

Now that would be an interesting poll...

...It's never too late! :p Besides, if you create a thread about sexism that starts off as a joke and intends to be nothing more, then it will get more replies and more interest. Just my thoughts.

^^ oh yeah, silly me, i'll go wallow now in my role as a house wife and baking pies

^^ oh yeah, silly me, i'll go wallow now in my role as a house wife and baking pies

And I'll sit here completely unoffended because I'm a foolish brute. :p

(You realize I was joking about men being seen as emotionless, right? That my point was that men aren't without feelings, right?)

Real men don't cry.

icon_cry.gif

Am I a double-pansy if you saying real men don't cry made me cry?

And I'll sit here completely unoffended because I'm a foolish brute. :p

(You realize I was joking about men being seen as emotionless, right? That my point was that men aren't without feelings, right?)

^^ oh no, really? im a blonde, so, you must understand, i never play the victim to stereotypes, i dont even understand them! :rolleyes: :p :D

Back
Top Bottom