"Shoplifters of the World" - Smiths comedy film forthcoming, Russell Brand eyed for role

Reported by IndieWire and ScreenDaily

Jessica Brown-Findlay, James Frecheville & More To Star In Smiths Comedy 'Shoplifters Of The World'; Russell Brand Also Eyed For Role - IndieWire

Kijak's Smiths comedy attracts hot young cast including Jessica Brown-Findlay - ScreenDaily
10 February, 2012 | By Wendy Mitchell

EXCLUSIVE: Shoplifters of the World to be directed by Stephen Kijak and produced by Lorianne Hall.

Excerpt:

The film, set to start shooting in June, has clearance to use more than 20 songs of The Smiths.

Last edited by a moderator:
Blimey!

A hairy monkey gets another role in a new film. When he turns up on my tv the tv starts giving away this funny smell that disappears when his image does. Gillette could improve their razors by testing new prototypes on him. The one that can remove any hair on his body is the winner.

Let's wait till we see it to judge.

I really liked a sort biogr. movie about the Smiths.

Maybe they change their minds, if bandmembers get asked about what's going on, and their opinion about
that it must be no movie with story which has no interaction with the Smiths songs, a comedy is not what I
really thought .

It sounds like an interesting project. They approached all the right people. Let's just wait and see if it happens.

The article mentioned about that now-legendary story about the American fan who broke into the radio studio and forced the dj to play Smiths songs. I had my doubts as to whether that story ever happened because I don't recall anyone revealing the name of that person who was responsible.

Does anyone know the identity of that Smiths fan?

Last edited:
Re: Article: "Shoplifters of the World" - Smiths comedy film forthcoming, Russell Bra

It sounds like an interesting project. They approached all the right people. Let's just wait and see if it happens.

The article mentioned about that now-legendary story about the American fan who broke into the radio studio and force the dj to play Smiths songs. I had my doubts as to whether that story ever happened because I don't recall anyone revealing the name of that person who was responsible.

Does anyone know the identity of that Smiths fan?

Urban the Swede

Re: Article: "Shoplifters of the World" - Smiths comedy film forthcoming, Russell Bra

oh boy, come on!! stop that! The Smiths do not need that kind of xposure, isnt enough with "There is a light..." ruined by the movie 500 days of summer? and now a movie about them?
sad

oh boy, come on!! stop that! The Smiths do not need that kind of xposure, isnt enough with "There is a light..." ruined by the movie 500 days of summer? and now a movie about them?
sad

If a crappy movie that no one forced you to see "ruined" a song for you, you can't have been much of a fan to begin with. Sounds like you were more a fan of Smiths fans and the clichés about who they are than of the actual music. But whatever. Feel free not to go see this movie either. You do have a choice, you know.

My other favorite recording artist is Scott Walker. I always thought he and Morrissey have a lot in common, not musically or even lyrically but they both are untouchable in their fields and have that "I'm making the art i wish to make and couldn't give a f*** what people expect" kind of mentality. Kijak made a brillant doco about Scott called 30 Century man (features Johhny Marr), now this. We would get along just fine.

Tags
shoplifters movie

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom