Silence of the Mozzer - Moz strangely silent around release of new album

manicboy

There's not been one peep from Moz since he cancelled his tour and went into exile regarding his new album. I've lived thru many a Moz album release and can not remember Moz being so quiet. No interviews anywhere to be found. For somebody who both loves and loathes the printed interview, I can't help but think this is doing the new album no favors in terms of promotion. I used to look forward to the deluge of Moz interviews around the time of an imminent release but this time, there's nothing. Whether it's calculated ("let the music speak for itself" - since when did Moz ever do this?) or not (he's still suffering from illness), I can not say but his silence is deafening!

I think he has a track record in this respect. Hardly any promotion of Autobiography. And also he fell out with his record company around the time of 'Live at Earls Court' and did no promotion then. I think later he said "surely someone noticed". Quite why he's silent this time I can only guess at. Is there a problem that Harvest is in the USA? Then again he's not promoting it in the US or Argentina or Zimbabwe or anywhere oh la-la la la la-la-la, poor mute Mozness. The simple answer may be that he's fallen out with the label which would be a shame. Maybe he's not well enough. Maybe there are more personal/ family issues. No one seems to have spotted him anywhere recently have they? If he's not to sing then that makes apperances on TV shows difficult, but surely he could do some interviews. It's another weird twist in the saga. Maybe he just wants to see how far it can go without promotion. And funny enough he could have sold himself round many radio stations and TV shows and still only achived #2. It'll be interesting to see if he has any criticism on anyone else's part for the inability for WPINOYB to get to the top.

He's probably just busy Morris-dancing, playing cricket, or planning to overthrow a government. Or doing something naughtier.
So as it's virtually nice and quiet, one can read books in relative peace... Even people posting stuff about KY are giving up, like wilted plants in the heat... :)

Oh dear – some of you people just don’t keep up do you? A few years ago, Mozzery did an interview with NME that ended up disastrously. He took them to court but settled for a (pretty feeble) public apology. Ever since then he has refused to any conventional interview with the UK music press, so there was absolutely no chance he’d be on the cover of this month’s Q/Mojo etc with a bunch of new quotes.
A compromise deal appears to have been struck with the NME where the band have had a very basic interview, and some new photos provided but Morrissey clearly won’t risk speaking to them after what happened last time.

Whatever it is, I hope it's deliberate and that Bad Things are not happening. I miss Morrissey, which might be a weird thing to say in the light of a new album release, but the excitement I have over the new songs is dampened by worry.

Oh dear – some of you people just don’t keep up do you? A few years ago, Mozzery did an interview with NME that ended up disastrously. He took them to court but settled for a (pretty feeble) public apology. Ever since then he has refused to any conventional interview with the UK music press, so there was absolutely no chance he’d be on the cover of this month’s Q/Mojo etc with a bunch of new quotes.
A compromise deal appears to have been struck with the NME where the band have had a very basic interview, and some new photos provided but Morrissey clearly won’t risk speaking to them after what happened last time.

That doesn't explain lack of television appearances which he was doing last year with no album to promote.

Will see what happens....one day, all of a sudden, we might get one of those famous statements on TTY explaining it all....

CHeers Moz

Will see what happens....one day, all of a sudden, we might get one of those famous statements on TTY explaining it all....

CHeers Moz

Statements from his mouth have been rare on TTY lately. I miss his ranting.

I remember one interview he gave for the promotion of one album or other that had seemingly no other purpose than to formally introduce us to Jesse... ("oh hai!")...Which was a bit...unnecessary... :)

Maybe he has nobody absolutely fascinating and indispensable he'd like us to meet right now?
(Shh- listen to the little hamster wheels in his head.)

I'm the queen of reading into things so keep that in mind, but I think he's okay. After watching the footage of the tour that tanked, every night he seemed happy, like he had something to go home to, or someone. Who I have no idea and it doesn't matter, but when he sang the emotional songs and seemed detached to the crowd's point-of-view, it's because he had in his mind whoever was waiting for him after the show. So the quiet might be a lovely sign that he's happy and being taken care of, not necessarily that he's sick and alone and about to die. He seemed remarkably positive yet detached on the tour which to me reads "someone real" and not wooing the crowd. This is a good thing for him I imagine. I hope I'm right. (And I also hope I'm wrong because he's my cosmic husband and all that. :p) But really I hope I'm right. He deserves to feel content.

I feel like I repeated myself a lot here, my brain is half asleep.

That doesn't explain lack of television appearances which he was doing last year with no album to promote.

This. I'm leaning towards there's something dark happening in Moz's life at the moment and can't imagine his absence is anything deliberate. But any scenario imagined does not bode well for Moz.

I'm the queen of reading into things so keep that in mind, but I think he's okay. After watching the footage of the tour that tanked, every night he seemed happy, like he had something to go home to, or someone. Who I have no idea and it doesn't matter, but when he sang the emotional songs and seemed detached to the crowd's point-of-view, it's because he had in his mind whoever was waiting for him after the show. So the quiet might be a lovely sign that he's happy and being taken care of, not necessarily that he's sick and alone and about to die. He seemed remarkably positive yet detached on the tour which to me reads "someone real" and not wooing the crowd. This is a good thing for him I imagine. I hope I'm right. (And I also hope I'm wrong because he's my cosmic husband and all that. :p) But really I hope I'm right. He deserves to feel content.

I feel like I repeated myself a lot here, my brain is half asleep.

I fail to see how his performances and lack of promotion means he has a significant other. He still has a job to do, he can f*** when the album dies down.

But what TV appearance could he have made? There's nothing relevant on at the moment.
The only TV he ever does in the UK around the time of an album launch are Later and Wossie, and neither show is currently on.
Really, you lot are such a bunch of hyperbolic drama queens.

This. I'm leaning towards there's something dark happening in Moz's life at the moment and can't imagine his absence is anything deliberate. But any scenario imagined does not bode well for Moz.

Indeed. And because I am human I tend to project, and all I can imagine is the need for escape and non-communicativeness that follows a bought of severe anxiety and depression. I hate speculating, and I know it's unfair, but I've been there. I hope I am very wrong and that he is well.

Back
Top Bottom