"Singer Morrissey will not get meat-free concert in Los Angeles" - Reuters

Singer Morrissey will not get meat-free concert in Los Angeles - Reuters / Yahoo! News

Excerpt:

Morrissey's representatives said in a statement on Monday that Staples Center had agreed to the request, and they added it would the first time that all vendors within and around the Los Angeles venue would be 100 percent vegetarian.

But Staples Center arena operator Anschutz Entertainment Group, or AEG, said on Thursday that meat would still be on menus.

"As of right now, there will be meat options for fans," Staples Center spokeswoman Cara Vanderhook told Reuters.

It was unclear how the apparent confusion arose.

Last edited:
Re: Article: "Singer Morrissey will not get meat-free concert in Los Angeles" - Reute

Why then shouldn't he eat meat out of respect for my views? He wouldn't because it would go against his views, likewise I wouldn't as it would go against mine, that there is nothing wrong with eating animals. As much as I love Morrissey's music, if someone said "you could have a meal with him, but you have to eat vegetarian", I'd say no and go home and listen to some of his music, which incidently is what I like him for.
If someone was famously known for kicking someone in the nuts, would you, out of respect, let them kick you in the nuts even if it's something you don't normally do? I mean it's extreme, but you see my point. I have never cared whether Morrissey is famous for that or not, it doesn't factor into my liking of him, its something I choose to ignore because I believe he's wrong. But just in the way you may have a friend who is pretty religious, but you are not, but you both love the football and the same bands and all that jazz, you just avoid the topic of religion because you know you'll never see eye to eye. Doesn't mean you can't respect their beliefs, but you aren't going to bend your own at the same time.
Same with Morrissey, his vegetarianism is something that just doesn't work for me, so I leave it out, focus on all the things I like about him. So I'd not avoid meet just to please him or be in his presence, I'd kindly decline the dinner invitation if it's going to upset him that I eat meat.

Well said.

Although, I'd eat beforehand. And then just drink with him instead.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom