"Singer Morrissey will not get meat-free concert in Los Angeles" - Reuters

Singer Morrissey will not get meat-free concert in Los Angeles - Reuters / Yahoo! News

Excerpt:

Morrissey's representatives said in a statement on Monday that Staples Center had agreed to the request, and they added it would the first time that all vendors within and around the Los Angeles venue would be 100 percent vegetarian.

But Staples Center arena operator Anschutz Entertainment Group, or AEG, said on Thursday that meat would still be on menus.

"As of right now, there will be meat options for fans," Staples Center spokeswoman Cara Vanderhook told Reuters.

It was unclear how the apparent confusion arose.

Last edited:
This could be a matter of the Staples Center being publicly non-committal about this b/c they don't want every other future event at the arena to nickle-and-dime them with lifestyle requests. They may also not want to piss off Sir Paul, who was apparently denied a similar request.

Also, if I am a venue concessionaire (besides the fact that I would probably hang myself) I would have enough sense to not grill up many hot dogs for this show, knowing that they will most likely go to waste given this audience. Double up on the pretzels and cheese pizza.

And anyway - who the F buys food at a concert??! That's what beer is for.

Re: Article: "Singer Morrissey will not get meat-free concert in Los Angeles" - Reute

Everyone should know by now this meat is murder thing is a gimmick.

You wanna know a secret? That iconic quiff is, and always was, a toupee with a secret pocket inside...that holds a filet mignon! The massive sweat that drips down his forehead during performances is actually beef juice!

Why do you think he sticks out his tongue and licks his lips all the time?! It is the source of his creative energy!

What happened when he got rid of his quiff for a bit? Yep, Maladjusted! What happened when he switched over to human flesh for a bit? Yep, Kill Uncle! He actually cannibalized his uncle, and since his poor uncle lacked taste and was ultra dry...so too was that album!

This conspiracy theory is so much better than the blue rose one, and much more likely true.

Re: Article: "Singer Morrissey will not get meat-free concert in Los Angeles" - Reute

My husband & I have tickets so we're really hoping the show goes on as scheduled, but I think most people eat before they go to a show, anyway. You never see the crowd rocking out waving Big Macs in the air.

As much as I love Morrissey's music, if someone said "you could have a meal with him, but you have to eat vegetarian", I'd say no and go home and listen to some of his music,

Really, you wouldn't care for a bowl of lovely soup or salad to talk to your idol? I'd say your pretty militant about your anti-vegatarian opinions. Luckily most Morrissey fans is more reflected than you.

Really, you wouldn't care for a bowl of lovely soup or salad to talk to your idol? I'd say your pretty militant about your anti-vegatarian opinions. Luckily most Morrissey fans is more reflected than you.

Never have idols. It says so in the Bible.

If they won't honour Sir Paul request for a meat free venue why would they even entertain a request from a B rate performer like Morrissey.

There's really no need to cancel. He can't, mustn't and won't; besides, I really need Patti to explain what she means by "Ah don't shit it out in a golden commode!" I can't find the meaning of the metaphor here, if there's one. I'm counting on you Patti. Please, pretty please? :)

For once I think he's right. A statement encouraging people not to buy any meat that night would probably be the best thing.Then it will be up to them to decide, which is actually... a good thing.:thumb:

McDonald's 1- Team Morrissey 0.

Ha Ha Ha

Everyone should know by now this meat is murder thing is a gimmick.

You wanna know a secret? That iconic quiff is, and always was, a toupee with a secret pocket inside...that holds a filet mignon! The massive sweat that drips down his forehead during performances is actually beef juice!

Why do you think he sticks out his tongue and licks his lips all the time?! It is the source of his creative energy!

What happened when he got rid of his quiff for a bit? Yep, Maladjusted! What happened when he switched over to human flesh for a bit? Yep, Kill Uncle! He actually cannibalized his uncle, and since his poor uncle lacked taste and was ultra dry...so too was that album!

Yes, this explains why he doesn't want anyone to eat meat. He knows less meat = less brilliance. By his followers becoming vegan they become brain dead and easily lead. This pattern seems very familiar...the quiff's 45 degree angle has always reminded me of a certain nationalist/fascist salute. And by tricking his musical peers into becoming vegan, they can't write as good of lyrics as he can! Very naughty, Morrissey. Very, naughty!

Bible, seriously??? Do people still read that silly, old book?

Well sure people do, at least those who've had their brains surgically removed.

Just hope all those who were or knew someone who was randomly shot in this week's random shooting realize it was because they didn't put out enough cigar ashes on their forehead last week, the fools. Didn't they learn anything from Newtown??? it's the Ashes baby!

Look, I totally get that Morrissey--like all of us--is guilty of bizarre behavior at times. But on this one, I think the Staples Center has lost the plot. Really, Staples Center, come on. I'm not even a vegetarian, but I don't understand the problem. What is so difficult about having the venue go veg for a night? Are Morrissey fans really going to be upset? Of course not! For goodness sake, just go veg for the night. What's the big deal?

Of course he won't cancel. Hell the crowd will be busily munching their burgers throughout.

Why should he be consistent and not be a hypocrite?

It's not like anyone somewhere nearby might be clubbing a seal or anything!!!

Why then shouldn't he eat meat out of respect for my views? He wouldn't because it would go against his views, likewise I wouldn't as it would go against mine, that there is nothing wrong with eating animals. As much as I love Morrissey's music, if someone said "you could have a meal with him, but you have to eat vegetarian", I'd say no and go home and listen to some of his music, which incidently is what I like him for.
If someone was famously known for kicking someone in the nuts, would you, out of respect, let them kick you in the nuts even if it's something you don't normally do? I mean it's extreme, but you see my point. I have never cared whether Morrissey is famous for that or not, it doesn't factor into my liking of him, its something I choose to ignore because I believe he's wrong. But just in the way you may have a friend who is pretty religious, but you are not, but you both love the football and the same bands and all that jazz, you just avoid the topic of religion because you know you'll never see eye to eye. Doesn't mean you can't respect their beliefs, but you aren't going to bend your own at the same time.
Same with Morrissey, his vegetarianism is something that just doesn't work for me, so I leave it out, focus on all the things I like about him. So I'd not avoid meet just to please him or be in his presence, I'd kindly decline the dinner invitation if it's going to upset him that I eat meat.

Good points.

It's not like anyone somewhere nearby might be clubbing a seal or anything!!!

Have you been down to Venice Beach recently?

Instead of flowers I think I'll bring pepperoni for the band.

Do you think they would like smoked or spicy?

Instead of flowers I think I'll bring pepperoni for the band.

Do you think they would like smoked or spicy?

"Hey, Moz...snap into a Slim-Jim!" somehow...I think...not! :squiffy:

You never see the crowd rocking out waving Big Macs in the air.

You do see that sort of thing in commercials for Big Macs. :lbf:

So, Morrissey cannot really win this one, can he? If he does not cancel, he is a hypocrite; if he does cancel, people will rip him to shreds for that. So many people feel compelled to sling arrows at him; I just hope he knows that there are so many more of us that would stand in front of those arrows to protect him. Long live Morrissey, my pale- eyed, dark -hearted poet!

If they won't honour Sir Paul request for a meat free venue why would they even entertain a request from a B rate performer like Morrissey.

Sir Paul has done nothing since 1970, and his name shouldn't even be mentioned in the same sentence as Morrissey's!!

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom