Site database latency (since Sep. 27) [resolved]

davidt

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
There has been some slight increase in latency since Sep. 22 due to technical issues with the database. The issue is being investigated but for now page loads may seem slightly slower than usual.

There has been some slight increase in latency since Sep. 22 due to technical issues with the database. The issue is being investigated but for now page loads may seem slightly slower than usual.
Thanks David.
I've noticed this more on pages that follow main headers. So solo.com/ works fine but solo.com/forums is slow.
Same as a thread: page 1 loads fine, but page 4 or 5 etc can drag.
Also had a few:
20180928_215015.jpg

When accessing inbox messages. This error was generated by loading the main URL, seeing an inbox notification and clicking on it - then the above appeared.
If there's any testing you'd need doing for android or specific browsers - don't hesitate to say.
Regards,
FWD.

It was slower than usual until I set up my router and network card correctly so that I was using my suppliers DNS server. Testing out various DNS servers will do wonders.

Thanks, the issue seems to be on the overall system and not a specific page. Since nothing major has changed recently I think it's something on the cloud provider's side. A ticket has been opened and we'll see if we can find the cause.

Thanks David.
I've noticed this more on pages that follow main headers. So solo.com/ works fine but solo.com/forums is slow.
Same as a thread: page 1 loads fine, but page 4 or 5 etc can drag.
Also had a few:
View attachment 45944
When accessing inbox messages. This error was generated by loading the main URL, seeing an inbox notification and clicking on it - then the above appeared.
If there's any testing you'd need doing for android or specific browsers - don't hesitate to say.
Regards,
FWD.

It appears whatever was stuck is now unstuck and levels have returned to normal, will continue to monitor.

Hacker attack map is always helpful and on some days internet in general is slower than usual.

There is a war going on and it's live (said with a Martin Tyler voice).

http://map.norsecorp.com/

Hacker attack map is always helpful and on some days internet in general is slower than usual.

There is a war going on and it's live (said with a Martin Tyler voice).

http://map.norsecorp.com/
Apparently the subspecies in China have found a new method to shoot noodles through the cables online. Scary shit when they plug up the wires like that and turn internet into one big clogged up drain.
Oh they are so mad at America they even started making crap movies like The Meg.

It appears whatever was stuck is now unstuck and levels have returned to normal, will continue to monitor.

It has not returned to normal but it only has problems for me when using chrome. I have the same problem with ebay but only when using chrome. When I see the multitudes of scripts loading on this side I notice one of them is an ebay script. I don't know if the ebay script is causing the problem. I don't know if chrome is causing the problem. But I only have the problem with your site and ebay and only when using chrome.

It has not returned to normal but it only has problems for me when using chrome. I have the same problem with ebay but only when using chrome. When I see the multitudes of scripts loading on this side I notice one of them is an ebay script. I don't know if the ebay script is causing the problem. I don't know if chrome is causing the problem. But I only have the problem with your site and ebay and only when using chrome.
No matter the browser one should always have add ons that block out scripts and ads or else the browser will appear to be very slow. I recently tested out a number of add ons to add to the ones I already had and that made the browser much faster.
Firefox users might want to try the Waterfox browser with inbuilt blocking for scripts and ads but you can and still should add ons to make it even faster.
Chrome has had a number of issues for months now not least with playing videos where there is a lipsync problem reported by users all over the world. That particular issue has been fixed it seems and it is now working well for me at least and had to do with flash updates that caused more issues than it solved.

It isn't that it loads slowly, though. It won't load at all. You get an initial page but when you click another link on the site it acts like the Internet has disconnected.

It isn't that it loads slowly, though. It won't load at all. You get an initial page but when you click another link on the site it acts like the Internet has disconnected.
Probably depends on what country you are in. Maybe you should try a proxy from another country than your own.

Back
Top Bottom