Site moderation feedback

Ah, right.
Well, that is unfortunate, but an aspect of having posts to approve that meets real world time factors. I'm not sure there's anything that can be done about that as anons would argue the inverse.
There is no surefire way to have 'live' comments by anons, so time constraints will always be a factor - as too: how the post approval system works.
If an anon wants that ability then registering is the way round that.
David may have some technical information to share, but I'm guessing this is just one of those things that will have to be tolerated for the greater good.
Regards,
FWD.

Yes, that’s what I thought. But I think if the anon can’t bother becoming an anonymous member, than they’re the ones that should have to accept and deal with their post being out of order.

Just while we're on the subject, what advantage(s) to the forum is there in allowing anonymous posters in the first place?

I replied to Klaus (not quoting him) then when I checked back, anon ‘jet’s post popped up between them.
Thanks.
I see that their post was approved within 3 minutes of it being submitted and your post was ~60 seconds thereafter.
That's pretty close 😅
I would endeavor to work quicker, but digging the tunnel out of DT's basement is taking all of my focus currently.
Regards,
FWD.

Just while we're on the subject, what advantage(s) to the forum is there in allowing anonymous posters in the first place?

I think David said something along the lines that someone might want to share something important but remain anonymous without the hassle of becoming a member(?)

Still doesn’t make sense to me.

Thanks.
I see that their post was approved within 3 minutes of it being submitted and your post was ~60 seconds thereafter.
That's pretty close 😅
I would endeavor to work quicker, but digging the tunnel out of DT's basement is taking all of my focus currently.
Regards,
FWD.

Again, I don’t blame you at all. I of course don’t care how long it takes for anonymous posts to be screened. I just think they should pop up after they’ve just been approved.

Edit: ok. So it happened quickly. But I didn’t see it on my end until I came back later.

Last edited:
That image is way too large, it is 7085x4864 pixels and 5.3 MB. Also attachments in the signature are not supported, so you'll need to upload the image somewhere.

That image is way too large, it is 7085x4864 pixels and 5.3 MB. Also attachments in the signature are not supported, so you'll need to upload the image somewhere.
Sorted.

Edit: I have hosted on another site. Madness. But it’s all fixed now, my signature is top-notch.

Last edited:
bump @davidt

If you want to post a response to something specific in a thread it's best to use the quote functionality. In a busy thread there could always be multiple posts around the same time.

Is there an option for disabling emoji codes when making a post? When a user types a left parentheses followed by a colon in a post, it defaults to a smiley face.

Back
Top Bottom