Site moderation feedback

its amazing how the A=Z brought a bit of calmness to this site,now that its over we are back to same old mince as before.this site used to be amazing around the time of quarry and ringleader were you would get people doing really in depth reviews of the day leading up to the whole concert experience,now the place is full of roasters,bawbags and space cadets,david t do a gordon ramsey and Shut It Down.

its amazing how the A=Z brought a bit of calmness to this site,now that its over we are back to same old mince as before.this site used to be amazing around the time of quarry and ringleader were you would get people doing really in depth reviews of the day leading up to the whole concert experience,now the place is full of roasters,bawbags and space cadets

,david t do a gordon ramsey and Shut It Down.

But where would the others go ? ....

its amazing how the A=Z brought a bit of calmness to this site,now that its over we are back to same old mince as before.this site used to be amazing around the time of quarry and ringleader were you would get people doing really in depth reviews of the day leading up to the whole concert experience,now the place is full of roasters,bawbags and space cadets,david t do a gordon ramsey and Shut It Down.
That sounds really boring.

@ vegan.cro I hear Verso has been harassing women on the forum again, no surprises there, but can you believe he was dumb enough to have perhaps committed a FELONY by encouraging someone here to consider committing suicide? In the state of California where he lives advising someone to kill themselves *can* carry with it a jail sentence of up to three years.

I wonder what Famous when dead and others in positions of authority think of someone using this website to engage in possibly felonious activities, especially when people have been permanently banned for far less (non-illegal behaviour) in the past? When you think of the can of worms that his behaviour might open up and the hassle it would cause for the people who run this site, how can they justify not banning him? :unsure:

20211104_161416.png

20211104_161633.png

He's a clown Amy, writing posts using different guest names. Thomas Smith and James Maher are the same person.

The way people can post here as 'Anonymous' but under 'pseudo accounts' for lack of a better term is very bizarre to me. On no other site I visit where commenting is allowed can I do so without a registered account.

The way people can post here as 'Anonymous' but under 'pseudo accounts' for lack of a better term is very bizarre to me. On no other site I visit where commenting is allowed can I do so without a registered account.

wish solo would get rid of the ability to post as a guest/anonymously.

If someone didn’t want to become a member, but had some front page worthy information then they should be able to get in touch with
Davidt and he could post it.

wish solo would get rid of the ability to post as a guest/anonymously.
If someone didn’t want to become a member, but had some front page worthy information then they should be able to get in touch with
Davidt and he could post it.
Yes, it's the only music forum on the internet I've ever come across where you can post anonymously. It's flipping bonkers. An absolute gift to the trolls. David T really should stop allowing it.

Yes, it's the only music forum on the internet I've ever come across where you can post anonymously. It's flipping bonkers. An absolute gift to the trolls. David T really should stop allowing it.

Yep it is, on other music sites I go on you can read posts but can't post unless you register.

There is a section in the site posting policy that says the below, which is fine but the moderators need to manage posts properly and stop allowing the absolute nonsense that has no relation to the topic that some anons post.

Users may post anonymously on the site but due to abuse, all anonymous posts need to be approved by a moderator before appearing on the site. If you do not want to go through the whole process of having your posts approved, create a login. In general, an anonymous post is not approved if it is off-topic, redundant, or personally abusive. Ideally the post adds some insight to the thread. Multiple anonymous off-topic personal attacks from the same IP will result in an IP ban.

Basically some reasons I like and allow anonymous posting:

• some users may have something to contribute but are put off by creating a login, especially if they don't use the site often.
  • some users don't want to be associated with an account. Also, given the recent negativity towards the site from Morrissey himself, some contributors may prefer to post anonymously. These are just words on a post, usually it doesn't really matter if 'anonymous' or 'supermozfan' wrote it. The only thing needed for an account is an email address and if it's not obvious, it's pretty easy for people to create an email address without giving any personal information.
  • anonymous people are sometimes the best and most challenging contributors.
See my posts in the above thread. Here are a couple links I posted in that thread and still believe in:

All-in-all, creating and using an account is still preferred - stand behind your words. Create and use a login if any of the below features you think you would find useful: Ability to customize profile and build a reputation, PM other users, edit your posts, ignore other users and keep a history of your posts and responses.

Clearly not just an anon problem.
The posts above discussing 'feedback' just moved here originated in an open letter thread by members and easily meet the "stop allowing the absolute nonsense that has no relation to the topic" criteria.
I work on the presumption that registered members should know better and don't need their posts going through for relevancy to topic - how would people suggest registered people are dealt with that create extra work where there shouldn't be any?
Regards,
FWD.

The posts above discussing 'feedback' just moved here originated in an open letter thread by members and easily meet the "stop allowing the absolute nonsense that has no relation to the topic" criteria.
I work on the presumption that registered members should know better and don't need their posts gone through for relevancy to topic - how would people suggest registered people are dealt with that create extra work where there shouldn't be any?
Regards,
FWD.

Sorry FWD, you’re absolutely right.

I’ll try to be more aware in the future about being off topic.

I work on the presumption that registered members should know better and don't need their posts going through for relevancy to topic - how would people suggest registered people are dealt with that create extra work where there shouldn't be any?
Regards,
FWD.

Fair enough but most registered posters don't post the absolute nonsense that some anons post.

Last edited:
Regards,
FWD.

Just to clarify, my complaint was about how people are allowed to post as Guest and also set names (e.g., "Vegan Cro Spirit 444," "Lujissey," etc.) ... as a result there is no way to block any of these "pseudo accounts" should one desire to without blocking all anon posters. Some of these anons post prolifically... is it really asking that much that they do so under a registered account that other members can either follow or ignore based on the content of their posts?

I know this has come up many times before with many users supporting it and it doesn't happen... but hey, never hurts to keep trying.

Last edited:
Racist AND anti-semetic eh? What i stated is an objective fact. Look at every major rcord label and Studio or Agency in Hollywood. All run by Jews. There is nothing racist or that nonsense word "anti-semetic" about pointing it out
Of course, that is true.
The entertainment industry in general in America is built on Jewish coin. Hollywood was founded by jews (most who changed their names)

I say this not as a slur or a judgment but as a statement of fact

What was wrong with the statement that skinny showed was that the person claimed their aim was to subvert minds. via showbiz
That is not really true, or at least not in the way that was meant.

That said, a lot of the way SOME jews use their power and influence in media /showbiz is to further an ideology - which is why until very recently you could not speak ill of Israel. BIbi still goes to fundraisers in Hollywood.
Lots of Hollywood was pro-trump, as he was pro-Israel

Personally, I would rather have a large Jewish influence, than a Muslim one. Anyday. Im not anti-Muslim. I am talking about cultural values

Of course, that is true.
The entertainment industry in general in America is built on Jewish coin. Hollywood was founded by jews (most who changed their names)

I say this not as a slur or a judgment but as a statement of fact

What was wrong with the statement that skinny showed was that the person claimed their aim was to subvert minds. via showbiz
That is not really true, or at least not in the way that was meant.

That said, a lot of the way SOME jews use their power and influence in media /showbiz is to further an ideology - which is why until very recently you could not speak ill of Israel. BIbi still goes to fundraisers in Hollywood.
Lots of Hollywood was pro-trump, as he was pro-Israel

Personally, I would rather have a large Jewish influence, than a Muslim one. Anyday. Im not anti-Muslim. I am talking about cultural values
Um..
You're replying (in a site feedback thread) to a 3 year old off-topic post by someone who couldn't manage to keep an account - if you were looking for a reply, it might be a while 😂.
FWD.

Back
Top Bottom