Skull - What happened

Seeing as its the latest single, why has it been dropped from the set.

Moz is absoultely chart-obsessed. Always has been.
Unbelievably, just three years ago, Moz had a realistic chance of a number one single with You Have Killed Me (released the week before, it would've gone to number one).
Devastatingly for Moz, Skull didn't even make the top 40. He's taken this very personally and dropped the song from the live set (he actually mentioned that this was the reason at earlier shows).
Personally, I'm not a huge fan of the song. It starts well enough but that horrible 'Don't Gimme Any More' coda sounds like Red Hot Peppers (the worst band of all time).
However, most of the fans love it and (when Houdini gets his arse in gear!) it'll probably be voted one of the best songs from the 2009 batch, so it is a bit of a shame that Moz dropped it...

Unbelievably, just three years ago, Moz had a realistic chance of a number one single with You Have Killed Me (released the week before, it would've gone to number one).
Devastatingly for Moz, Skull didn't even make the top 40. He's taken this very personally and dropped the song from the live set (he actually mentioned that this was the reason at earlier shows).
Personally, I'm not a huge fan of the song. It starts well enough but that horrible 'Don't Gimme Any More' coda sounds like Red Hot Peppers (the worst band of all time).
However, most of the fans love it and (when Houdini gets his arse in gear!) it'll probably be voted one of the best songs from the 2009 batch, so it is a bit of a shame that Moz dropped it...

It's Morrissey's own fault that the single didn't chart, not the fans. Why would we buy a song that we already own? If he had included original B-sides we would have bought, but he didn't, and we didn't. He has sulked since, but hopefully he will have learned a lesson.

the latest and the last of this album....maybe.

Yeah I predicted in a thread it was the last single from YOR but was shot down cuz we are supposed the not count AYNIM and THPGU? I bought Skull at the Berlin gig anyway cuz it's a great sleeve and I was on a high! I wish he was as thin now as he was on that sleeve :(

Noooo, he better put it back sharpish, i LOVE that song..
god forbid what rubbish hes replaced it with..:rolleyes:

Devastatingly for Moz, Skull didn't even make the top 40. He's taken this very personally and dropped the song from the live set (he actually mentioned that this was the reason at earlier shows).Personally, I'm not a huge fan of the song. It starts well enough but that horrible 'Don't Gimme Any More' coda sounds like Red Hot Peppers (the worst band of all time).
Epic fail :rolleyes:
The real reason I think he's playing it less frequently is cos it's quite a tough vocal workout, especially that stretch up to 'skull' and the excellent don'tgimmeanymore RHCP (?!) finale. Given his little vocal difficulties of late I think it's a good idea to ration it out. He hasn't dropped it entirely from the set.
The other song that seemed to give him jip lately is 'Why Don't You Find Out For Yourself?' It was the tipping point at the 2nd Manchester gig. Personally (and selfishly), with one week until the resumed quartet of London gigs I'd prefer it if he 'rested' this number too.

Yeah I predicted in a thread it was the last single from YOR but was shot down cuz we are supposed the not count AYNIM and THPGU? I bought Skull at the Berlin gig anyway cuz it's a great sleeve and I was on a high! I wish he was as thin now as he was on that sleeve :(

Strange, isn't it, i was expecting at least four singles for this album too... however swords is coming in October.....

Epic fail :rolleyes:
The real reason I think he's playing it less frequently is cos it's quite a tough vocal workout, especially that stretch up to 'skull' and the excellent don'tgimmeanymore RHCP (?!) finale. Given his little vocal difficulties of late I think it's a good idea to ration it out. He hasn't dropped it entirely from the set.
The other song that seemed to give him jip lately is 'Why Don't You Find Out For Yourself?' It was the tipping point at the 2nd Manchester gig. Personally (and selfishly), with one week until the resumed quartet of London gigs I'd prefer it if he 'rested' this number too.

Good point, I retract any earlier statements. ;)

Back
Top Bottom