Smiths 7" on record store day april 18

*the boxset has a MEGADISC release while the RSD release was on SIRE, distributed by Rhino.

Was/is this single included in the 7" singles box from months back? i didn't really look through my box(my fault I know). I opened it to make sure it was complete, and stuffed it away in my drawer, where it has remained UNTOUCHED.

i believe it is, but i do not have the book set to see for sure.

edit:didnt see flax commented.

Don't want to sound like a bit of a div in case i've overlooked something about this 7" but mine doesn't have a centre. I buy a fair bit of vinyl and i've never known this be intentional before, but stranger things have happened. My stooges 7" also has a centre missing, i'm thinking i've been royally screwed over by record store day!

Don't want to sound like a bit of a div in case i've overlooked something about this 7" but mine doesn't have a centre. I buy a fair bit of vinyl and i've never known this be intentional before, but stranger things have happened. My stooges 7" also has a centre missing, i'm thinking i've been royally screwed over by record store day!
my smiths has the small hole and my stooges has the larger one that uses a insert.

If anyone is looking to buy an UK version of Headmaster Ritual, yes I know it is exactly the same as in the boxset, then Rough Trade shops have a load for just £3.99 plus £0.80 postage on fleabay. Which compared to all the other sellers, seems to be a bargain?

If anyone is looking to buy an UK version of Headmaster Ritual, yes I know it is exactly the same as in the boxset, then Rough Trade shops have a load for just £3.99 plus £0.80 postage on fleabay. Which compared to all the other sellers, seems to be a bargain?

its not the same:

http://forums.morrissey-solo.com/showpost.php?p=1143363&postcount=2080
record store day headmaster ritual reissue.
photo-6-1.jpg

photo-7-2.jpg

they've got the Sire logo on them and both a mega disc catalog number as well as a rhino catalog number.

Hi Abrahan,

I think I might have got confused, I assumed the ones sold at the UK Record Store Day were the same as what came in the boxset, whereas the records sold at the US Record Store day which as you say are different because they have the Sire logo on them.

Oops......I might have just bought two copies of the same thing :confused:

Hi Abrahan,

I think I might have got confused, I assumed the ones sold at the UK Record Store Day were the same as what came in the boxset, whereas the records sold at the US Record Store day which as you say are different because they have the Sire logo on them.

Oops......I might have just bought two copies of the same thing :confused:

i was unaware that RSD was being held in the UK.

maybe it will be different.

Hey everydayislikesunday,

I haven't gotten any of these RSD copies yet, but from what I've seen, the ones released in the UK say "MEGADISC" just like the ones in the Box Set, however, it seems they have a bar code on the top right corner.

Also, the UK copy has a big hole whereas the US copy has a small hole.

I'll try to get both US and UK versions and post them on my website.

i was unaware that RSD was being held in the UK.

maybe it will be different.

Hi again,

Neither did I until after the event, I can only assume it was low key. After doing some research it does appear as if the UK one is a copy of the Megadisc original as found in the boxset:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/SMITHS-THE-HE...14&_trkparms=72:1683|66:2|65:12|39:1|240:1318

They all appear to have the large jukebox hole as well.

I guess I'll find out when they turn up :)

EDIT: Looks like Flax has beaten me to it

Last edited:
As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Headmaster Ritual, Record Store Day Release Question...

Hello there, my copy of the it has been cropped for jukebox use (hope that makes sense) whereas ive seen pics in this forum where other peoples havent. I asked the staff at my local record store and they assured me all of the copies were like that. is that the case or is mine just errrrm whats the word... unique. :) hope this makes sense...

The UK record store day release comes with the jukebox center and it is on the Megadisc label.

The US record store day release comes with the 'small' center and it is on the Sire label.

Hope this helps...

Back
Top Bottom