Smiths/Morrissey shirt collection

Believe it or not, I'm wearing the one on the left in the bottom row right now (Moz with Sebastian). Fantastic collection :thumb:

2010s...
1000031415.jpg

1990s...
View attachment 101511

Ok, the first one is not a t-shirt, but I think the second one makes up for it (even if not official). ;)
View attachment 101512
Great shirts! I much prefer the T Shirts that have single or album covers on them, or at least photos from releases including posters.

I own the white T shirt of Ouija Board. I think it was the first one I ever got. I have number three (if that is the NME mag cover with NME written on it?) I have number 6 and number 9 with Do Your Best And Don't Worry on the back.

I am very jealous re the leaning against car one, Dagenham Dave and the skipping SG one also ;)

Great shirts! I much prefer the T Shirts that have single or album covers on them, or at least photos from releases including posters.

I own the white T shirt of Ouija Board. I think it was the first one I ever got. I have number three (if that is the NME mag cover with NME written on it?) I have number 6 and number 9 with Do Your Best And Don't Worry on the back.

I am very jealous re the leaning against car one, Dagenham Dave and the skipping SG one also ;)
Thank you marred.
No need to be jealous, we all have different bits and pieces we own and some we wish we owned. :)
Number 3 is the Motorcycle Au Pair Boy t-shirt, from the Kill Uncle tour.
A special one to me, as it's the first official Moz t-shirt I bought, at the Hammersmith Odeon gig in Oct 1991.
The image on your NME t-shirt is very similar, and so is the one in this Brazil promo poster for Viva Hate (which I have owned since 1988). :)
All 3 photos from the same session, of course.
Number 9 I bought in Chester in 1997, Maladjusted tour, the text on the back reads 'wide to receive', the one you have with 'do your best' was sold on the 1995 Bowie tour (the only tour I did not attend since 1991, had a ticket for Sheffield but he cancelled...).
The Dagenham t-shirt is quite special too, can't remember if it's a promo or crew only item, it reads 'on the payroll' in small font on the back.
I've had one or two others over the years, Charlie Richardson springs to mind, but it faded away/disintegrated.
As for others I wish I had bought at the time? Well several from KU and YA, but mostly the Sitwell and Keitel t-shirts (I bought the programs, and 1 t-shirt per gig was all I could afford back then...)
Anyway, take care.
1000034741.jpg
1000034742.jpg
Viva Hate.jpg

Last edited:
Ah so we were both at that Chester concert in '97? It's so cool many years later to discover fellow Morrissey fans shared the same space and time many years ago. That was a small gig in a basketball court if I remember correctly where he also announced that "We have a new Christmas single..." and then proceeded to play Satan Rejected My Soul. I seem to have a hazy memory of some merch at a table after the gig where they had the single for sale or posters of it. My Chester shirt doesn't have Wide To Receive on the back so maybe I got it at HMV days later. I guess that means you were also at the Battersea Power Station gig a few days earlier? That was my very first Morrissey concert ever!

I've gotta round up my old Tees and post :)

Does anyone own any pieces of his shirts, or entire shirt, that he's thrown into the crowd?? Curious.
Nah, it's not my style or vibe to grasp violently at other peoples' garments. Likewise I wouldn't be seen dead at a black friday sale where ironically there's a good chance one could be seen dead ;)

Last edited:
Tags
kill uncle morrissey queen is dead shirt shirts smiths the smiths tour your arsenal tour
Back
Top Bottom