Smiths/Moz boot needs (but have many to share in return!)

Hi, all!

I've been spending much of the summer going through my Smiths/Moz live archive, sorting, labeling, cross-checking, etc., and now have a particular 'need' list. (At one time, I used to be more active on Solo, but life has not let me be so for a while!)

Before I start asking for links, I want to know what the current protocol is for this kind of thing -- I'm speaking mainly to the mods but am glad to get others' opinions. For instance, what is the best file sharing spot to use? How many shows is it OK to ask for? What would be a fair/helpful way, without uploading everything I have, to fill other collector's needs in return? And so on. I've looked for this info, but can't find anything determinate. (BTW, I've DL'd what I've needed from the Google sites, etc. I didn't see a similar site for Morrissey shows as there is for The Smiths.)

I'll just start off with my first 10, in chronological order:

27 April 1991 – Dublin Stadium, DUBLIN, IRELAND

2 June 1991 – Great Western Forum, LOS ANGELES, CA

11 June 1991 – Compton Terrace, PHOENIX, AZ

13 June 1991 – Park West, SALT LAKE CITY, UT

25 July 1991 – The Dome, DONCASTER, ENGLAND

1 September 1991 – Century Hall, NAGOYA, JAPAN

1 October 1991 – Victoria Hall, HANLEY, ENGLAND

3 October 1991 – National Hall, KILBURN, SCOTLAND

8 August 1992 – Madstock, Finsbury Park, LONDON, ENGLAND

1 October 1992 – Colorado University Fieldhouse, BOULDER, CO

Thanks in advance for your help! :)

No replies to this, unfortunately (sigh)...

I'd love to begin sharing out by knowing the best way(s) to do it, and then hopefully in process add to my own collection.

Revised list of needs:

1 November 1992 - Mesa Amphitheater, PHOENIX, AZ

20 November 1992 - Performing Arts Center, CHARLOTTESVILLE

12 February 1995 - Ilford Island, LONDON, ENGLAND

20 November 1995 - NEC, BIRMINGHAM, ENGLAND

21 November 1995 - NEC, BIRMINGHAM, ENGLAND

24 September 1997 - Hill Auditorium, ANN ARBOR, MI

Thanks, all!

i remember you!

these fills wont last long. theres been times id pay the membership for a fill sharing site but no more. im moving so ill send more as i can

27 April 1991 – Dublin Stadium, DUBLIN, IRELAND

drifter!! And I remember you! First of all, good luck with the move! They can be such a pain in the ass, but as long as you keep thinking of the end product -- your cool new place -- you're OK. And thx so much for reaching out. I'm guessing, then, that We Transfer is a solid (cheap) way of doing it? I'll simply take your lead & start posting some stuff soon. You're the best, pal...

Just so you/no one else wastes time/energy, here's the new list of needs, chronological:

1 November 1992 - Mesa Amphitheater, PHOENIX, AZ

20 November 1992 - Performing Arts Center, CHARLOTTESVILLE

12 February 1995 - Ilford Island, LONDON, ENGLAND

20 November 1995 - NEC, BIRMINGHAM, ENGLAND

21 November 1995 - NEC, BIRMINGHAM, ENGLAND

24 September 1997 - Hill Auditorium, ANN ARBOR, MI

i dont have the 13 june 1991
the 1 sept 1991 i have on disc. i cant figure how to get it off the disc so i could send it to you. it does say poor quality
i dont have the 1 oct 1991
heres 1 October 1992 – Colorado University Fieldhouse, BOULDER, CO

thanks on the move. bad thing about the timing is i have to be out aug 28. the same day as the first vegas show here in vegas. ill make it though through hell or high water. im going to record with my iphone but im about 8th row so might get muffled by the crowds :)

thanks on the move. bad thing about the timing is i have to be out aug 28. the same day as the first vegas show here in vegas. ill make it though through hell or high water. im going to record with my iphone but im about 8th row so might get muffled by the crowds :)

That would be great, even muffled!
Good luck with your move, and have fun at the show!

:thumb:

drifter, thanks so much for Dublin and Boulder! Sounds like the 28th will be (hopefully, in the best sense) and epic kind of day for you. Will send out good vibes! Regardless of position on masking etc., be safe in that 8th row. Can't wait to hear your results. As @Ketamine Sun says, it would be great even muffled. Those of us not on the recording playing fields owe all of you guys a tremendous, unpayable debt.

So, everyone, what are the needs out there? I have all available Smiths live (I believe). And, to start, I have about 90% available Morrissey 1991-1997. How can I help? Should we start 1984-1997?

The bloke sat next to me at Ilford Island was filming, whist his mate was in the baying mob recording. Not very helpful, but at least you know it is out there somewhere. One of my fave Moz concerts as it happens.

I've been a bit busy, but will have a look myself by the weekend.
The Smiths stuff is exhaustively covered, but if everyone pooled Morrissey live resources we could probably assemble a decent collection and find some permanent host for it all.
Last time I suggested said, it was met with deafening silence though :)
Regards,
FWD.

The bloke sat next to me at Ilford Island was filming, whist his mate was in the baying mob recording. Not very helpful, but at least you know it is out there somewhere. One of my fave Moz concerts as it happens.
Very cool. I envy you! Well, according to Stephane at PJLM:

An audience recording of the complete concert is available on bootleg VHS and DVDs. The filming was done from the right balcony and is relatively steady.

A rather good audio-only audience recording of the full concert is also circulated among collectors of bootlegs, either on cd or on the internet. The recording is sometimes listed under the title "Ilford Station 1995". It is not the audio from the video recording.

I've been a bit busy, but will have a look myself by the weekend.
The Smiths stuff is exhaustively covered, but if everyone pooled Morrissey live resources we could probably assemble a decent collection and find some permanent host for it all.
Last time I suggested said, it was met with deafening silence though :)
Regards,
FWD.
Famous, thank you, thank you. Listen, if someone wants to be project manager on a Morrissey collection, I'll gladly help with pooling in what I have! I think it's an idea whose time has come. Now, at least you have one voice calling back to you from the wilderness! :)

That's all from me ....

I think that the rest, 20 November 1995 - NEC and 1997 Ann arbor never made it to the internet in mp3/flac format...
surely it was taped but it is still on cassette tapes out there somewhere....

I got most of these from Salford Music Club Tumblr web site a long time ago....
All credits to them...

Best regards

Back
Top Bottom