Smiths only diet.

PUNKturedBIKE

Lovely Riah
I once worked with a guy who said that he listened to nothing but Manic Street Preachers. I've been known to binge hard on certain artists, at one time i vowed to buy nothing but The Fall until i had all their albums, but never one thing only. Anyone else?

i keep doing it with The Mountain Goats. I hear that voice in my sleep. When I sleep.

Last edited by a moderator:
sometimes i will go days just listening to the magnetic fields.

i did almost a day of 'i don't believe you'. actually it was all day. only did that
with two other songs, 'cold wind blows' by arcade fire and a youtube video that wasn't even a real song.

A friend went through a loooooooooong phase of listening to nothing but The Fall & the Mountain Goats. Must be something about those bands....maybe they have hypnotic encryptions.

I'm going to try to do a month of Smiths'n'Moz, just so I can make sure I know the words to everything in time for his tour next year. It's important. I'll make allowances for youtube clips though.

Sinatra...

Very easy to do

At one point back in the 90's it was nothing but Talking Heads that i listened to. Now its a steady diet of Morrissey/Joy Division!! :cool:

I once worked with a guy who said that he listened to nothing but Manic Street Preachers. I've been known to binge hard on certain artists, at one time i vowed to buy nothing but The Fall until i had all their albums, but never one thing only. Anyone else?

I have to say that the Manics are worthy of that extreme attention...:guitar:

It seems a very limited thing to do. I'd wager that he'll quit doing that sometime soon..:)

i did almost a day of 'i don't believe you'. actually it was all day. only did that
with two other songs, 'cold wind blows' by arcade fire and a youtube video that wasn't even a real song.

which version, the original version that is more acoustic or the other version with all the added noises and synth? the one with all the sounds seems to hypnotize me and i will play it on repeat for hours.

there was a time when i only listened to Blondie, Debbie Harry and Madonna, day and night. they were the first musical acts i ever became obsessed with.

I tend to go on Slowdive binges, and as Terence does, Magnetic Fields.
I once had a week where I listened to nothing but "Holiday." That was a great week.

which version, the original version that is more acoustic or the other version with all the added noises and synth? the one with all the sounds seems to hypnotize me and i will play it on repeat for hours.

the original version...haven't listened to the other..

Back
Top Bottom