Question Starting of IKIGHS

Optimistic Fool

off-topic
What is the talking and singing at the start of Morrissey's I Know It's Gonna Happen Someday?

Solution
What is the talking and singing at the start of Morrissey's I Know It's Gonna Happen Someday?
Believed to be Nevin actually dialing a radio tuner and recording the random channels / interference.
The translation of part of the spoken word section (pinch of salt re: translation):
Original:

...Drüber Nachdenken ob nicht von jungen Leuten vielleicht mehr Impulse kommen als von Alten, denen nichts mehr passieren kann...
...Wenn es gut geht, wird das ???forum im nächsten März...
...Für Heiner Müller bedeutet es die Vorbereitung...
[Tuning]
...Die von Franken??? bis nach Berlin...Aber nun ist etwas von ???...
[Switching to French Channel]

Translated:

...We should think about young people who are ready to try more new...
Believed to be Nevin actually dialing a radio tuner and recording the random channels / interference.
The translation of part of the spoken word section (pinch of salt re: translation):
Original:

...Drüber Nachdenken ob nicht von jungen Leuten vielleicht mehr Impulse kommen als von Alten, denen nichts mehr passieren kann...
[Tuning]

Translated:

...We should think about young people who are ready to try more new ideas than ... old ones [people], to which nothing bad can happen anymore...
...If everything works fine, the ???council is going to...next march...
...For Heiner Mueller it means the preparation for...
[Tuning]
...Which reaches from ?Franken? to Berlin...But now something of the ???...

Regards,
FWD.

Edit:
From a translated Spex Magazine 2006:
Morrissey becomes the recorder of Nevin's "French Epic" (which was said to feature the radio noise in the demo):

Last question:
The interviewer asked him if he knows what the German voice in "i know its gonna happen someday" is saying

Morrissey replied: "no, i just switched on a shortwave receiver late at night and recorded whatever came through, what did he say?"

Interviewer:
"the youth have to give new impulses, not the old-established"
(note: the correct translation is: We should think about young people who are ready to try more new ideas than ... old ones)

Morrissey: "phew! im glad that it is doent mean anything else. I can live with that."

(All credit to Sistasheila & LASID).

Solution
Original:

[Tuning]

Translated:

...We should think about young people who are ready to try more new ideas than ... old ones [people], to which nothing bad can happen anymore...
...If everything works fine, the ???council is going to...next march...
...For Heiner Mueller it means the preparation for...
[Tuning]
...Which reaches from ?Franken? to Berlin...But now something of the ???...

Regards,
FWD.

Edit:
From a translated Spex Magazine 2006:
Morrissey becomes the recorder of Nevin's "French Epic" (which was said to feature the radio noise in the demo):

Last question:
The interviewer asked him if he knows what the German voice in "i know its gonna happen someday" is saying

Morrissey replied: "no, i just switched on a shortwave receiver late at night and recorded whatever came through, what did he say?"

Interviewer:
"the youth have to give new impulses, not the old-established"
(note: the correct translation is: We should think about young people who are ready to try more new ideas than ... old ones)

Morrissey: "phew! im glad that it is doent mean anything else. I can live with that."

(All credit to Sistasheila & LASID).
Thank you so much!! I really like how the lady singing at the start sounds with the rest of the song… so romantic. It's my favorite Morrissey song. Glad to know that now!

But have you played it backwards.¿

But have you played it backwards.¿

Actually if you speed it up and play it backwards, it’s strangely enough the song Satan Rejected My Soul !

👿;)

Back
Top Bottom