Statement from Morrissey on True To You

1 May 2011

April 30 statement from Morrissey - true-to-you.net

I'm sorry I made the Detergent O Leary radio interview so difficult but I was in a foul mood, having spent a full week surrounded by the royal dreading. England may very well be a Windsor dictatorship, but - PR Weddings aside, it is usually quite bearable.
If my Front Row (Radio 4) interview sounded chopped and cropped, that's because it was. I had spoken fluently about the royal dreading, but an Iranian censorship confiscated all of my views. It is distressing, but in all manner of British media in 2011 we are only allowed to hear the same old thoughts and feelings expressed over and over and over again.
During the week of the royal dreading, Poly Styrene died. Having made an enormous contribution to British art and sound – at a desperate time when so many of us needed her, Poly Styrene's death was all but ignored by the British television news media, who instead rained hours and hours of blubbering praise onto Kate Middleton – a woman about whom nothing is known on a personal level. The message is clear: What you achieve in life means nothing compared to what you are born into. Is this Syria??
To top off all the pageantry, 'Very best of Morrissey' (EMI/Major Minor) has yet to tunnel its way into what we older types refer to as Record Shops – six days after intended release. The gallant HMV has yet to stock it, and did not manage to stock the 'Glamorous glue' single until four days after its scheduled release. In fact, the CD of 'Glamorous glue' did not EVER make it to HMV. With 'Very best of' I face my first ever non-chart placing – which I shall bear with dignity, although I could never be unkind enough to express my views on EMI's failings. It was John Lennon who coined the phrase 'Every Mistake Imaginable'. I shall not repeat it here.
I am delighted that the June dates sold out so quickly. Beware, we are looking at four more: Copenhagen, Aarhus, Helsingborg and Stockholm.
The follow-up to 'Years of refusal' is ready and fluttering wildly against the bars. There is still no record label and the years shuffle like cards. My talents do not lie in DIY.
I shall be in Perth – older, but no wiser.
With thanks to True To You,

Morrissey.

Last edited by a moderator:
There was a royal wedding. It was a big deal. Get over it. Why some people can't just block it out I don't know. I have no interest in it myself besides a little bit of a peek at Kate and Pippa, but really it's just not that hard to not make a big deal out of. I got a hell of alot of other things in my life that effect me personally to worry about. The fact that Moz uses this as an excuse is pretty poor. He does remind me of a teenager sometimes still, big ideas in his head. When I was 15 I was so anti authority and recently looked back at an old blog and saw a line i wrote that say something like "muse absolutely SUCK and have no talent at all". I still don't like muse but in my more mature mind frame I know they don't suck. They have loads of talent, I just personally don't like them. Unfortunately Moz has never graduated to this level. Everything he says has to be an adolescent extreme. It's embarrassing for him.

That being said, hurry up and tour Australia again! :p

That was a pretty excruciating inteview to listen to. Dermot is a decent chap and clearly some kind of fan, but Morrissey had clearly got out of bed the wrong side and was just being a petulant pain in the arse. That said, we all have bad days and this message TTU suggests he's big enough to (sort of) hold his hands up.

I am delighted that the June dates sold out so quickly. Beware, we are looking at four more: Copenhagen, Aarhus, Helsingborg and Stockholm.:)

We all hope there's more coming up, please don't forget Belgium (Ancienne Belgique, Brussel or some festival ....best one is Lokerse Feesten;)....they really love Morrissey), allso Holland, France, Germany.
I will never forget that wonderful gig in Düsseldorf, the moment that i give my present "portrait of a star" (Bowie record) in his hands, great!!!:)
This night was magic....absolutely fantastic.....i am just waiting / hoping for more of this!!!

Peter

I'm disappointed in his behaviour and his obvious desire to "make the charts" which drives him to do this sort of media tour. He should stick to his principles.

And why does he wants to release all this old stuff again and again?

True fans have got all this and it makes me feel slightly uncomfortable when I am offered the CD, the 7inch and 12inch as a money making package - for someone!

her has shown himself up a bit (a lot).

and if he f***s off the stage at hop farms...oh boy...

The man was kind enough to share his views on life with a bloke who hosts X-Factory. If you dont like it, you dont have to listen. Some people are never happy. He did great considering the circumstances. Oh Bondage, Up Yours.

Why don’t you “fans” go and f*** yourselves. I loved the interview. And more importantly I am really excited Morrissey has a “new” record coming out, hopefully sooner than later. Any record company would have to be an idiot not to want to grab this precious man. Regarding the royal dreading, Morrissey is once again right. Why hasn’t the “media” investigated into Kate Muddleton’s private, personal past. Notice how there is no eating disorders, drug problems, personal problems, etc., etc., that we all know all have to endure (investigations, likewise) during such epic occasions and life altering “marriages” … i.e. dreadings, ad nauseam.
Do you “fans” not have a sense of humor. Dreadings is hysterical. And regarding Morrissey’s age, why is that a problem being that he looks like he’s still in his thirties? So why not act it.

And to top it all off, Kate Middletwat is not a vegetarian. This means, which means … that Morrissey, if you know him at all, which means she is beneath him. That being said and all, so true and rightfully so.

I miss you Morrissey and I Love You.

Always

CL

and what about you Mozz? giving us reissues over reissues? do you think that's correct? you once criticized the music industry and now your are clearly a part of it....you contradict yourself dude.

There was a royal wedding. It was a big deal. Get over it. Why some people can't just block it out I don't know. I have no interest in it myself besides a little bit of a peek at Kate and Pippa, but really it's just not that hard to not make a big deal out of. I got a hell of alot of other things in my life that effect me personally to worry about. The fact that Moz uses this as an excuse is pretty poor. He does remind me of a teenager sometimes still, big ideas in his head. When I was 15 I was so anti authority and recently looked back at an old blog and saw a line i wrote that say something like "muse absolutely SUCK and have no talent at all". I still don't like muse but in my more mature mind frame I know they don't suck. They have loads of talent, I just personally don't like them. Unfortunately Moz has never graduated to this level. Everything he says has to be an adolescent extreme. It's embarrassing for him.

That being said, hurry up and tour Australia again! :p

Well thank god he won't be reading what you just wrote. But your little rant wouldn't change a thing cuz he ain't going to Oz anytime soon.

The BAD stuff: Moz is getting depressingly predictable in some respects, the 'comedy' re-namings ('Detergent O Leary' to go with Simon Cowshed and the rest) are starting to just sound juevenile, and as for blaming EMI for poor chart performance - maybe if you release something new rather than re-heated material that every fan has already bought umpteen times (just how many times can we be expected to shell out cash for 'Everyday is Like Sunday'?) then it might actually sell? And given the guy's dodgy history it's hard not to read a 'bloody foreigners' aspect into his references to Iran and Syria.

The GOOD stuff: Some more European tour dates. Thank you Morrissey. I do love you really. I just wish you wouldn't sound like such a bitter old man all the time. ;)

I just don't get why he felt he had to give an explanation to all of these , we know who Morrissey is , besides- everybody is free to have an opinion whether you like it or NOT-

Awwh, s'alright, M.
Dish Soap was a bit of the chatty type, so you humoured him well, imho.

What would Riot Grrrl have been (would it have been?) if not for Poly?
http://www.poly-styrene.com/

So it was not just my local record shop's importer that had distribution delays. Hmm, can we have a separate 'first-week-actually-on-the-shelves chart'? Almost a false start last week, really. Let's just push forward. Onward, upward.

Glad YoR's follow-up is flapping wildly, it will find the light.

Cheers,
romeogirl

I don't feel he needed to issue an apology for the interview. Dermot kept speaking over Morrissey, and if there's anything that drives me crazy, it's trying to listen to what someone is saying while the person who asked the question keeps talking! Dermot was rude and annoying. However, Morrissey did seem quite short, but we all have bad days and at least he acknowledged his foul mood (even though he really didn't need to). I'm elated to hear there's a new album, but it's very difficult to bear because...who knows when we'll get to hear it :( To a true Morrissey fan - that's torture!!

Morrissey, if you or your underlings are reading this, why did you do an interview with someone who didn't even know you curated Meltdown?

I am delighted that the June dates sold out so quickly. Beware, we are looking at four more: Copenhagen, Aarhus, Helsingborg and Stockholm.:)

We all hope there's more coming up, please don't forget Belgium (Ancienne Belgique, Brussel or some festival ....best one is Lokerse Feesten;)....they really love Morrissey), allso Holland, France, Germany.
I will never forget that wonderful gig in Düsseldorf, the moment that i give my present "portrait of a star" (Bowie record) in his hands, great!!!:)
This night was magic....absolutely fantastic.....i am just waiting / hoping for more of this!!!

Peter

Hopefully he will never play in Germany again. And those German traitors who are so desperate to see him in concert can go to Brussels, Denmark or Poland to meet him.

Why is Morrissey so concerned about a label? It's 2011. Release the album yourself. We'd all buy it and you'd get more money.

I really don't care about the quality of interviews. He answered a few questions; we know there's a new record at some point; and that's it. It's over. I'm not sure why he issued a statement, but I am greatful he mentioned Poly. What a loss. If you all haven't heard her latest album and specifically the single "Thrash City" then you should. It's perfection.

As for chart position, I'm as big a fan as the next, but I won't be buying this record regardless what shop it apperas in. I own the music already. Remasters, Best Of's... etc. are lame.

no record deal

:tears:

at the time where one can sing as an unknown person, and get graded highly by
a jury which most of them carreer's is over, they praise /JonhJane Doe and
a recorddeal

I hope he comes after scandinavia a bit down in europe, so maybe I can
have the last chance to wave goobye IRL

more than 2 years without a rcorddeal, me thinks he must be
as good as ever on the upcoming live gigs, hopelfully a few great new songs,
so that maybe Morrissey can record , and more impotant release his new album
following up Year of Refusal

thinking all the time he had a new deal with EMI [Minor Major] :confused:

To top off all the pageantry, 'Very best of Morrissey' (EMI/Major Minor) has yet to tunnel its way into what we older types refer to as Record Shops – six days after intended release. The gallant HMV has yet to stock it, and did not manage to stock the 'Glamorous glue' single until four days after its scheduled release. In fact, the CD of 'Glamorous glue' did not EVER make it to HMV. With 'Very best of' I face my first ever non-chart placing – which I shall bear with dignity, although I could never be unkind enough to express my views on EMI's failings. It was John Lennon who coined the phrase 'Every Mistake Imaginable'. I shall not repeat it here

Is Morrissey unaware that nobody buys records in HMV anymore? HMV is dead baby

were all sheep me included, courting, flirting, go to work, day in day out, go on holiday once/twice a year, sit and watch tv at night, misic wise some of us have different music taste's etc. morrissey is very different, looks like difficult even, but it is that very thing that makes him what he his, he has never interviewed like a pop star or a politician, he has always found that role uncomfortable, he is however the finest lyric writer we will ever see, look around you, if you dont like certain aspects of mozz, stick to razorlight, or the next flash in the pan band, goodnight and thankyou

The "Best Of" album charted at No.80. Is anyone really that surprised?

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom