Statement via TTY

Such a well spoken Buffoon.

He is the one artist on the planet that should be putting out his own albums , selling downloads through iTunes etc and selling physical goods (for the few luddites left that give a shite...) at gigs. He is a matured artist and he is never going to expand his fan base past the current faithful he has . There is NO advantage to him being on a label. He could make all the money and not lose it in the black hole of an international corporation. erome humane
I honestly don't see why someone so smart as he can be so foolishly wrong-headed.

I received yesterday from Echo & The Bunnymen list a message about a 4th solo album by Ian McCulloch and find very interesting the way he will release his new album. Im not saying that Morrissey should do the same way and not discussing the importance of one compared to the other and neither that Morrissey is far important and better so he should not... Im just saying that nowadays we have other ways of releasing a record no depending on major labels. And this way is very fan oriented base, just like Morrissey likes. If we are the ones who support him, why not doing also through the release of a new album... just take a look here and tell what you think about. www.pledgemusic.com/ianmcculloch

This is where you looking into things too much, works against you and becomes a tad annoying. It's "British" grammar, I believe, I'm not 100% sure, that they don't capitalize each first letter in their titles only the first word, can a brit confirm this? So, Crystal, he typed it correct, from a grammar stand point, as taught in England.

We don't spell 'capitalize' with a 'z' either ;)
In a title, I always use a capital letter for the start of each word.
Regular members of the forums will remember Kewpie actively (and aggressively) changed my title caps into lower case, until she got caught (after denying it at first) and got her wrists slapped. And then had the audacity to tell peope I was trolling her lol

Time for the dozy old git to bow out and bring the curtain down on his whiny career. We don't need him any more, let's face it.

What a fantastic statement , warm and extremely flattering words for Mexico, I'm over the moon to see the Mexico city gigs at his top list , in fact top 6 .. Wow wow. So nice to read his objective opinion, thanks for this.I'm not feeling any goodbye or defeat, he clearly says he can't wait to return. I dunno I don't think he's going to quit, but I agree there's some kinda melancholy I dunno might be the post tour- Xmas- end of year blues.. Long live Morrissey ..

I'm confused. It's too painful to watch when violence is inflicted by 'in-house security' but it's fine when his fan's skulls are bashed by his own staff (boyfriends)?Yes, we know how to contact the Royal Oak (um...I'll get right on it). Tell us to contact your tormentors?

Thank you Morrissey for returning the love Chicago showed you. The only problem with the night was the merch stand was overburdened, please put the tour merch in the store ASAP.

And of course, no mention (let alone an apology) for the Oakland show debacle. Swept aside again... sigh.

ChicaCold! Crowd during Still Ill almost devoured Morrissey. Loved it, best night of my life.

It sounds nothing like a "good bye"! He actually wrote about wanting to go back and play in Mexico.

I do read some of the comments on here and wonder, wonder, wonder... how do you manage in your daily lives?

Poorly, I expect.

Mozzer,Forget the labels, go with the Internet...And give the NME all they have coming to them in 2012...for once I'd like to see an individual embarrass and humiliate a huge operation that hides beyond lawyers and the threat of lawsuits all the time as they attempt to defame and smear people. Morrissey, I hope you win your case, I hope it's relatively painless and quick, and I hope you are reinvigorated to pursue the next level of your wonderful career--you are the greatest of all time.Merry Christmas,Dewdrop

Morrissey, I hope you win your case, I hope it's relatively painless and quick, and I hope you are reinvigorated to pursue the next level of your wonderful career--you are the greatest of all time.Merry Christmas,Dewdrop

I definitely think that better songs will come out if he happens to lose the court case.

He is the one artist on the planet that should be putting out his own albums , selling downloads through iTunes etc and selling physical goods (for the few luddites left that give a shite...) at gigs. He is a matured artist and he is never going to expand his fan base past the current faithful he has . There is NO advantage to him being on a label. He could make all the money and not lose it in the black hole of an international corporation. erome humane
I honestly don't see why someone so smart as he can be so foolishly wrong-headed.

100% agree - the internet was made for artists like Morrissey. He has a loyal, rabid fan base that does not care one bit if he publishes music on a major label or via a website or iTunes digitally. They will buy it, regardless. Morrissey has never had a strong internet presence. Case in point - his official proclamations are posted on TTY - a sorry site, indeed.

That was a nice commentary from Moz, without as much of the "acting" that he often does in his posts. I felt like it was coming from the heart, not just written to elicit a response from the readers.

What do you mean "acting "? You blatantly haves Not been activated on here for long,have you?

My life is not this steeply sloping hour,in which you see me hurrying.Much stands behind me: I stand before it like a tree:I am only one of my many mouthsand at that, the one that will be still the soonest.I am the rest between two notes,which are somehow always in discordbecause death's note wants to climb over-but in the dark interval, reconciled,They stay here trembling.And the song goes on, beautiful.
- Rainer Maria Rilke

Morrissey doesn't need a record label. Google will throw up various companies that can manufacture cd's and vinyl records. You place an Internet shop on your own website or even make available through TTY or god forbid , this forum ( moz you never know when you will need friends and not ban people from your concerts ). Boz can produce the record , moz can do the artwork and he has a solicitor write up a legal contract in relation to what people in his band (cough , cough ) would get....let's say Jesse toblerone gets 1% , boz 10%......etc etc from album sales...

God I'd do the artwork for free....or how about let your fans do the artwork for you as a kind of competition?

Media coverage costs built into the record sales

I'm sure moz has got a garage big enough to store stock.

Dead simple isn't it....

This isn't meant has a joke but artists need to realise that they can do it them selves..

Well said - couldn't agree more. Record labels are Jurassic Park remnants of a long-distant past. I would have thought that with his love of punk, Moz would be into the idea of releasing his own material like a cottage industry and cutting out the middle-man. Moz, much ridiculed at the time, predicted the death of pop during his Southank Show interview. He was right - kind of. Making music is alive and well - and always will be as long as the human race draws breath. The pop record/CD and the industry that made money from selling them is dead. Move on , Morrissey.

Sounds like a whiny, bitter old man. Morrissey is much like the NME--a gold plated past but not much to show for in recent years. Degrading his band members by treating them like dolls. If another band did this, the lemmings would be all over them. But since it is Morrissey, it is looked upon as something creative or genius. I think not.

His bandmates may be nice guys, but their musical skills pale in comparison to what once was.

Well Let You Know

Fake post!!!
don't touch ME!!!, you peasant!!!

indeed,

we'll let you know

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom