Strange/unexpected Moz references?

Charming Man was used on ITV's Granada Reports last night. A calendar is to be released showing images of breastfeeding women, with one of the images being outside SLC. The pictures of the women have been added into The Smiths room.

There's a BBC series called "River" that is broadcasted by Netflix in the U.S., Canada, Australia, New Zealand, France, DACH, Benelux and the Nordics. http://deadline.com/2015/10/netflix-bbc-river-stellan-skarsgard-abi-morgan-1201577912/

One of the characters talks about his youth:
"What were you like as a teenager?"
"Short. Ugly. Spots. Didn't get out of bed most days. Listened to a lot of Smiths"

pic.jpg

NFL halftime show on CBS TV today. The phrase "Stop me if you've heard this one before" is used by Bart Scott, then again later by Boomer Esiason. Not a perfect lyrical match but close enough to share.

Last edited:
NFL halftime show on CBS TV today. The phrase "Stop me if you've heard this one before" is used by Bart Scott, then again later by Boomer Esiason. Not a perfect lyrical match but close enough to share.

neat its always weird to me to see something related to sports mention morrissey which has now happened a couple of times. must be the american in me

"Stop me if you've heard this one before" is not a phrase Morrissey coined, any more than "son and heir" and "in the midst of death we are in life" are. He was perhaps clever to co-opt them and put a new twist on them, but he shouldn't get credit when someone else happens to use the original phrase or refer to it.

"Stop me if you've heard this one before" is not a phrase Morrissey coined, any more than "son and heir" and "in the midst of death we are in life" are. He was perhaps clever to co-opt them and put a new twist on them, but he shouldn't get credit when someone else happens to use the original phrase or refer to it.

im aware of the phrase. we were just making a fun fan connection but rest assured i swear to in the future from now until forever that ill make sure moz only gets credit for the things hes made out of nothing god like in the first six days. i mean the thought of someone thinking he made the phrase up keeps me up at night worrying about the fairness. that said heres another disclaimer, i didnt make up the name moz, johnny did, so dont think im trying to take the credit there. the last one was baseball i think with the term unite and take over which i also know is a common phrase so i apologize retrospectively for that as well.

Morrissey's name appears on the official list of celebrity endorsements for Hillary Clinton's 2016 presidential campaign.

That's amusing on several levels.

In the first demo of Pixies' Wave Of Mutilation you can hear Frank Black talking about Morrissey and The Smiths (0:55)

Last edited by a moderator:
Not really a direct Moz reference but an interesting novelist and novel for Jake to chose, I think. He and Moz must have had a lot of things they could talk about and discuss. Many of their tastes are similar.

Jake Walters @MrJakeWalters 6. Dez.

Just purchased my ticket to hear one of my
favourite novels discussed over a free
cocktail... See you there?

CVTh4XJWsAA8COW.jpg

Coronation street

Monday December 7th 2015,A scene in Coronatipn Street tonight talking about vegetarianism,and the actress quoting"Meat is Murder",the great words of Morrissey still lives on.

River Smiths mention

Mention of The Smiths in the first episode of UK TV series "River". Police guy says "I used to listen to The Smiths a lot wxhen I was a teenager." Other police guy says "Were you depressing ?" That's it.

From Human Universe, the new book (accompanying the 2014 BBC documentary) by Professor Brian Cox and Andrew Cohen:

"I suspect most of us have mused about the question 'Why are we here?' For some, the question and answer may be absolutely central to their lives. For others, myself included, it's something I used to think about on a hillside desolate beside a punctured bicycle whilst wearing a secondhand overcoat..."

Last edited:
Tags
burlesque coronation street live morrissey new album poster sport strips the smiths
Back
Top Bottom