Strange/unexpected Moz references?

On BBC 6 Music Radcliffe and Maconie show today's Teatime Theme Time has been featured Kiss Me Alot as the first of three.

CaDVXEQWYAQg61A.png

This should be front page. Brilliant!

On Countryfile this evening, the comedian Ed Byrne was hillwalking in Scotland, which he says he was inspired to do after watching a programme hosted by Muriel Gray.

He said he didn't know why she was hosting a TV show about hillwalking and should be "interviewing Morrissey instead".

Morrissey "There is a light"

Coronation st tonight 19.51,Morrissey on the jukebox,very quiet,almost inaudible but can just hear it good old Corrie still paying homage to Moz,sorry folks can't do the link but it was on at approx 19.51

in the fourth episode of the new x files mulder and scully are talking to a street artist who uses spray paint,hes talking about his work then it cuts to a wall where you see Morrissey with a Mohican,can someone else check it out to see if its right.

More Morrissey/Smiths references in the fashion world -

Cutting class: Parisian men’s outfitter Husbands is a lesson in cultivated cool

"You read Proust and you love ankle boots. You listen to The Smiths and you love Morrissey’s clothes. You see Alain Delon in Le Samouraï and you love trench coats."

Babyghost Fall 2016 collection

"...designers Joshua Hupper and Qiaoran Huang plumbed the possibilities of deconstructing and reconstructing some of their best-selling styles (“glamorous glue,” Huppert laughed, referring to the Morrissey single of the same name)."

""You read Proust and you love ankle boots. You listen to The Smiths and you love Morrissey’s clothes. You see Alain Delon in Le Samouraï and you love trench coats.""

i am for sure in this category. le samourai was great as well though the trench coats can become peacoats and lodon fog style jackets im afraid. no hats

Tonight's BBC 1 "Film 2016" when they're discussing about Freeheld starring Julianne Moore and Ellen Paige, reviewer Ashley Clark mentioned Johnny Marr and Morrissey.

The Smiths on the jukebox Coronation St

Friday 26th Feb,The Smiths "There is a light" on the jukebox,the scene was in a pub,with a guy playing snooker,approx 7.55pm,could just hear it in the background.

Re: The Smiths on the jukebox Coronation St

Comedian Margaret Cho mentions Morrissey as an influence -

Sing out, sister: an interview with Margaret Cho

GS: There is a long tradition of comedic songwriters, including Ruth Wallis, Shel Silverstein, Tom Lehrer, Allan Sherman and Steve Martin. Do you have a favorite comedic songwriter and which comedic songwriters do you look to for inspiration?

MC: I think I look a lot to Morrissey. I think Morrissey is pretty funny....

In the travelogue "Cycling to the Ashes" (London to Brisbane), Oli Broom wrote "I sang Morrissey songs as I climbed. I had never considered the uplifting qualities of The Smiths, but now they helped me find a rhythm with their punctured bicycles and desolate hillsides."

Tags
burlesque coronation street live morrissey new album poster sport strips the smiths
Back
Top Bottom