Strangeways - Scottish mini-bus

vivabob

Ordinary Boy
The lovely nats suggested we put on a mini-bus for the scottish dates , probably not them all but dunoon and Hawick look like favourites.

If you are interested , we will be looking to cover just the cost of the bus and driver, numbers depend on how many people are interested - we will be looking for an upfront commitment when booking and to avoid everyone having an additonal cost

let me know if you interested either here or on the strangeways facebook.
http://www.facebook.com/#!/home.php?sk=group_168823293142843&ap=1

All buses will leave from glasgow but we may include reasonable pick up points

The lovely nats suggested we put on a mini-bus for the scottish dates , probably not them all but dunoon and Hawick look like favourites.

If you are interested , we will be looking to cover just the cost of the bus and driver, numbers depend on how many people are interested - we will be looking for an upfront commitment when booking and to avoid everyone having an additonal cost

let me know if you interested either here or on the strangeways facebook.
http://www.facebook.com/#!/home.php?sk=group_168823293142843&ap=1

All buses will leave from glasgow but we may include reasonable pick up points

i would be interested but that counts if you do all scottish dates right?you think it will be hard to get there otherwise with the usual coaches or trains?
and prob tough to find an affordable hostel or b/b?
what would be the prices?

Last edited:
i would be interested but that counts if you do all scottish dates right?you think it will be hard to get there otherwise with the usual coaches or trains?
and prob tough to find an affordable hostel or b/b?
what would be the prices?

i think it will be cheaper to travel and return than stay at some towns of the venues , some are very easy to get to and have strong transport links but others would pose more of a problem , its worth noting that the travel between each of the venues involves passing through the major citys and having a central point will make it easier and cheaper to have one base .

inverness is the only one i can see myself staying at as its the only one with a maximum journey over 2 hours from glasgow

Interested. Still trying to work out how many I can attend. Looking like two, one with the Mrs, one without.

i'll get back to you.

which towns you think are the hardest to reach/travel too?
and which i would be the most interesting?

would be very interested about the moz busprice..just estimated..

which towns you think are the hardest to reach/travel too?
and which i would be the most interesting?

would be very interested about the moz busprice..just estimated..

Dont have a clue about prices yet , need to get tickets first LOL , the prices will be as low as possible with the total cost being split over the total heads going but everyone will know in advance

it will be done as individual trips as well , as some are easy to get

inverness is not had to travel to but is very far from glasgow , 6 hours on the train i think , hawick is difficult to get to as it is slightly more remote , dunoon you can get a ferry to. The others are fairly easy ... they will all be INTERESTING LOL:lbf:

yes thast right hehe.wait for tixs before planning bus travels
but i wonder which town you would leave directly after the concert. and where would you spend money on b/b?
sleep in the bus or what?:eek:i cant sleep in a seated position no matter how tired i am...

Last edited:
Darren you dont do face book do you ? , I need to contact you about something else as well , i'll send you over my email address

I do not Facebook. I have too many "friends" that I have no interest in sharing my life with. But you've got my number - I've just texted you!

Dont have a clue about prices yet , need to get tickets first LOL , the prices will be as low as possible with the total cost being split over the total heads going but everyone will know in advance

it will be done as individual trips as well , as some are easy to get

inverness is not had to travel to but is very far from glasgow , 6 hours on the train i think , hawick is difficult to get to as it is slightly more remote , dunoon you can get a ferry to. The others are fairly easy ... they will all be INTERESTING LOL:lbf:

It's only about three and a half hours to Inverness, even the bus doesn't take 6 ( apologies if you mean a return journey though). The issue is getting back again after the gig.
If I can get a ticket I'll be going from Glasgow to Inverness but I expect I'll probably have to stay over for the night.

Hi bob, is this facebook only?

My friend who'll travel from Japan is interested, but I'm not sure if she has a facebook account.

It's only about three and a half hours to Inverness, even the bus doesn't take 6 ( apologies if you mean a return journey though). The issue is getting back again after the gig.
If I can get a ticket I'll be going from Glasgow to Inverness but I expect I'll probably have to stay over for the night.

sorry i did mean 6 hour return ....

No point on getting a bus to Dunoon. It's a 6 hour round trip by bus.

Glasgow to Gourock is 50 mins on the train and the ferry is 30-40 mins.

its not to say we are doing it by road for the whole journey , its more for the return aspect ..... but nothings booked

Hi bob, is this facebook only?

My friend who'll travel from Japan is interested, but I'm not sure if she has a facebook account.

no its not its just were its easier to get everyone , once i know exactly what i'm doing and how many are interested i'll put up some details .. right now its just an expression of interest

no its not its just were its easier to get everyone , once i know exactly what i'm doing and how many are interested i'll put up some details .. right now its just an expression of interest

Thank you very much for your reply.
If she wants to book her seat, I'll let you know. :)

out of interest which scottish dates you will be doing ,vivabob?

and the rest?

No point on getting a bus to Dunoon. It's a 6 hour round trip by bus.

Glasgow to Gourock is 50 mins on the train and the ferry is 30-40 mins.

but the date before dunoon is inverness so..(and from inverness it takes 6 hours by train so..
and that gourock is the onyl way to reach dunoon?

also which ferry ?.. i checked two different ones, the western ferry does not seem to dock on at the dunoon city itself as well not departing from gourock directly... caledonian macbrayne ferry im not sure yet..i wonder if there is a chance if one leaves from inverness in the morning
or is nobody going to inverness and all leave from glasgow to dunoon?

Dunoon is approximately 5 hours’ drive south of Inverness on the A82/A828/A85/A819/A83/A815.

Dunoon is approximately a 1 hour drive west of Glasgow on the M8/A8/A770, including a 20-minute ferry crossing on the Western Ferries service from McInroy Point to Hunter’s Quay.
Western Ferries operates the route between McInroys Point (near Gourock) and Hunters Quay (near Dunoon) in the Firth of Clyde. The service operates 365 days of the year with first sailings Monday – Friday 0610hrs and 0700hrs Saturday & Sunday. Last sailings Monday – Thursday 2230 and Friday – Sunday 2400. At peak periods there are sailings every 15 minutes.
http://www.western-ferries.co.uk/hqtimes.shtml

Dunoon can also be reached by rail from Glasgow. Take the train from Glasgow Central to Gourock (40-50 mins), then take the Caledonian MacBrayne ferry to Dunoon.
edit summer schedules for caledonain ferry i was not able to find as the pdf data doesnt show the actual summer ferry departure dates !so i dont know the last ferry? anyone?
http://www.calmac.co.uk/timetables/calmac-summer-timetables.htm
calmac is supposed to be nearer to tthe venue than western ferry

Last edited:
Sistasheila, the distance between the Gourock ferries is only 2 minutes by car. Gourock is a very small town. When you get to Dunoon, which is also a very small town, the CalMac will dock right outside the venue and the Western ferry is a 2 mile drive around the coast. The CalMac ferry route is out to tender at the moment which is why the summer schedule is not showing on the website. It may only be a passenger and not a car ferry when they decide who wins the contract. You can drive to Dunoon from Glasgow but it is not the best road, although it is very beautiful. It will also take you quite a bit longer than driving to Gourock and getting the ferry.

Tags
bus trip strangeways
Back
Top Bottom