Suggestions for Liverpool attractions...

Mozzy1

A friend & myself are flying back to Liverpool for another B-men gig yet, we're going to be there a while (meaning, more than a week). We purchased the Liverpool tour card, done Albert Dock, done Mathew Street, Magical Mystery Tour Bus/Museum, YellowDuckmarine, St. John's Center, Spaceport, Ferry to Birkenhead & Spaceport, trip to Blackpool.

We'd like to know if there's some other places we could go to that are for like separate day tours. Any suggestions? We like all subjects. We're thinking of touring the LFC, Blackpool (again), York, Isle of Man.

Would it be better to take the MerseyRail/bus or purchase tickets in way advance for trains, like BritRail cards which we used before?

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

A friend & myself are flying back to Liverpool for another B-men gig yet, we're going to be there a while (meaning, more than a week). We purchased the Liverpool tour card, done Albert Dock, done Mathew Street, Magical Mystery Tour Bus/Museum, YellowDuckmarine, St. John's Center, Spaceport, Ferry to Birkenhead & Spaceport, trip to Blackpool.

We'd like to know if there's some other places we could go to that are for like separate day tours. Any suggestions? We like all subjects. We're thinking of touring the LFC, Blackpool (again), York, Isle of Man.

Would it be better to take the MerseyRail/bus or purchase tickets in way advance for trains, like BritRail cards which we used before?

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Hey, I'm from Liverpool and there's loads of stuff to do here! The stuff you've listed is what most tourists do, the whole Beatles tour etc. Visiting Liverpool football club would be advisable, a tour of the trophy museum, see how well our team has done! ;) You might also want to visit goodison, where everton play, but that tour wouldn't last as long! haha There's a new shopping complex you might like to visit; Liverpool ONE, it's not far from the albert dock. You're going to see the bunnymen, is it in the echo arena? the area around that has been regenerated and is very tourist friendly. There's also the Carling Academy you could go to watch some good gigs if you have enough time, but you'd have to have a look in advance to see if there's any playing you would like. The museums/galleries are quite interesting, in the albert dock and the main one on William Brown street, the Walker art gallery's also there. We've got some nice parks and stuff, if you're a parkish person! lol Sefton Park, Croxteth Park, Allerton towers, etc You may want to look at the Cathedrals too, the Metropolitan (or Paddy's wig wam as we call it round these parts!) and the Anglican one, which I think is the biggest in Europe, don't quote me on that though!
As for transport, I recommend using the bus services and trains, it depends how long you would be here for in regards to buying a pass and such. You can buy a 'adult save away' pass, which is handy if you're gonna use public transport a lot on one day, it gets you onto the trains, buses and I think the ferry too. You can buy a weekly pass on the buses but, it's only for use for arriva busses so, you couldn't use it on others. or, you could just pay the fare each time you use it, they're quite reliable services.
I've probably left loads of stuff out, but I'll come back to it if I think of anything else!
Hope I've helped you a little :)

Last edited:
Hi,

Thanks for your inputs.

I went to 2 of the B-men Xmas gigs in 2007 @ the Carling Academy. Stayed at the Lord Nelson.

We're thinking of going back to Manchester or Macclesfield again too.

If you have anything else or links, feel free to PM or whatever here.

Thanks!

Hey, I'm from Liverpool and there's loads of stuff to do here! The stuff you've listed is what most tourists do, the whole Beatles tour etc. Visiting Liverpool football club would be advisable, a tour of the trophy museum, see how well our team has done! ;) You might also want to visit goodison, where everton play, but that tour wouldn't last as long! haha There's a new shopping complex you might like to visit; Liverpool ONE, it's not far from the albert dock. You're going to see the bunnymen, is it in the echo arena? the area around that has been regenerated and is very tourist friendly. There's also the Carling Academy you could go to watch some good gigs if you have enough time, but you'd have to have a look in advance to see if there's any playing you would like. The museums/galleries are quite interesting, in the albert dock and the main one on William Brown street, the Walker art gallery's also there. We've got some nice parks and stuff, if you're a parkish person! lol Sefton Park, Croxteth Park, Allerton towers, etc You may want to look at the Cathedrals too, the Metropolitan (or Paddy's wig wam as we call it round these parts!) and the Anglican one, which I think is the biggest in Europe, don't quote me on that though!
As for transport, I recommend using the bus services and trains, it depends how long you would be here for in regards to buying a pass and such. You can buy a 'adult save away' pass, which is handy if you're gonna use public transport a lot on one day, it gets you onto the trains, buses and I think the ferry too. You can buy a weekly pass on the buses but, it's only for use for arriva busses so, you couldn't use it on others. or, you could just pay the fare each time you use it, they're quite reliable services.
I've probably left loads of stuff out, but I'll come back to it if I think of anything else!
Hope I've helped you a little :)

What about the tree? :rolleyes:

Could I PM you & tell you EXACTLY where we went & how many trips I've taken there? Then, you could tell me more, if you'd like to be my tour guide.

Thanks. This is actually my 9th trip though, since 2005.

Just like I saw the Queen Victoria statue. ROFLMBO...

The parks you mentioned we ventured to but, it became late so, that was out. We did make it to Penny Lane however. Plus, the same situation happened w/ the Cathedrals. I really hope to go to them though.

Just like I saw the Queen Victoria statue. ROFLMBO...

The parks you mentioned we ventured to but, it became late so, that was out. We did make it to Penny Lane however. Plus, the same situation happened w/ the Cathedrals. I really hope to go to them though.

Yup, both Cathedrals are great :)

I don't owe you anything 23: I have to get to your letter as I will soon...

Well, anyone know of any Welsh places too, particularly the Northern area of the country?

The new situation:

2 friends invited me for 2 trips already next year. Yet, I don't even know if I'm going to be alive or dead let alone make plans SO far in advance. My job is very anal retentive about us scheduling time in advance yet, if you knew where I worked, you'd understand.

1 of the plans was w/ his parent but, his parent is in his 70's therefore, that is still up in the air. So, I am unsure about that but, the place is fantastic!

The 2nd plan was an invite from someone but, I feel weirded out about it b/c it's like, how do you trust someone for a major committment like this & even in that, will you even be friends w/ that person next year? Let alone, schedule time off, find flights now & make plans?

These things are supposed to be FUN but, it's more like :sick: in the stomach... b/c of all of the stress & money, plans, time off work, scheduling things, etc...

Many people go to Liverpool from surrounding towns and cities to visit their cars and household goods.

:D Bernard Manning used to say
I like visiting Liverpool, it's always good to see my hub caps again!

Jukebox Jury

ok ;)

Yeah, Prestayn is nice.Snowdonia too, especially the little village Betws-y-Coed, they do the best ice cream! ;)

If you are going to do the north Wales coast, then forget Prestatyn and Rhyl (both are usually dead this time of year) and head for Llandudno.
Betws-y-coed is nice with Swallow Falls about a mile further up the road too.

Jukebox Jury

Back
Top Bottom